• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mothra vs Volcarona (Yeah i like moths, dont judge me)

The_Pink_God

She/Her
The Sun Pokémon that should 100% be a legendary You can't change my mind, don't even try it vs a ******* God Moth that dyed to a hydra rip-off F*ck you Ghidora >: (
  • SBA
  • Speed Equalized
  • Both 7-A
  • Start 100 meters away
images

Vs
images

Volcarona: 2
Mothra: 1
Inconclusive:

Last edited:
As far as I can tell Volcarona is unphased by a 330ish megaton attack while the only 7-A calc i can find for Mothra is around 450 megatons, not too far above what Volcarona considers a light breeze. I think volcorona takes it.

Considering, its AP advantage its omnidirectional attacks like heat wave and the fact that it could and did produce enough heat and light to temporarily replace the sun, yes, yes I think it can. Plus as a fire type Volcarona has resistance to bug type attacks like string shot.

Can Volcarona break free from Mothra's web?
The last time I check Larvesta (Volcarona pre-evolution) could reach a temperature of 5.500 degrees Fahrenheit, Volcarona should at least upscale from that
Not to mention the "Replacing the sun" feat

I think it's from resisting Rodan's heat which is 1200C or 2192F so not enough to resist Volcarona's heat
your thought process is kinda black and white rn
resist means that it will be less effective than normal
just because it's stronger than rodan doesn't mean it wouldn't be resisted
and just because it's resisted doesn't mean that mothra is immune

your thought process is kinda black and white rn
resist means that it will be less effective than normal
just because it's stronger than rodan doesn't mean it wouldn't be resisted
and just because it's resisted doesn't mean that mothra is immune
So you're saying that even tho Volcarona can output a heat 2.5091240875× hotter than what Mothra was shown to outstand, Mothra would still resist?
That's the same as saying that a -4 Celsius guy wouldn't be able to freeze a 0 Celsius guy cuz the latter is already shown to outstand 0 Celsius of heat
After all, your words not mine
Just because it's stronger doesn't mean it wouldn't be resistant
But like
Dude, that's the whole f*ucking point of it
Mothra was able to outstand a heat of 2192 Fahrenheit, Volcarona can output a heat hotter than what Mothra can resist, therefore Mothra can't resist Volcarona heat
It is black and white like that

So you're saying that even tho Volcarona can output a heat 2.5091240875× hotter than what Mothra was shown to outstand, Mothra would still resist?
That's the same as saying that a -4 Celsius guy wouldn't be able to freeze a 0 Celsius guy cuz the latter is already shown to outstand 0 Celsius of heat
After all, your words not mine

But like
Dude, that's the whole f*ucking point of it
Mothra was able to outstand a heat of 2192 Fahrenheit, Volcarona can output a heat hotter than what Mothra can resist, therefore Mothra can't resist Volcarona heat
It is black and white like that
can you learn the difference between resistance and immunity?
lets say rodan is a 3
Mothra's heat reistance brings that down to a 0
now lets say volcarona is a 7
mothra may bring that to a 4
resist means it will just be less effective than normally it should be
also those numbers are just for example, don't take it literally

Where is immunity even coming from dude?
Volcarona heat is hotter than Mothra can resist, the end, period
Ofc it won't one-shot Mothra or anything but it will be at the very least super effective
Get it?

In the fight with Mothra and Rodan, Mothra was still being harmed by the flames and the heat, just that she wasn't instantly overcome by it. Given that its a literal 2.5x difference, I'm pretty sure she won't resist that kind of heat the same way she did against Rodan's.

Where is immunity even coming from dude?
Volcarona heat is hotter than Mothra can resist, the end, period
Ofc it won't one-shot Mothra or anything but it will be at the very least super effective
Get it?
.....did you even read my response past the very first sentence?

Most likely no given we don't know how long it'd take for her to resurrect herself so we can't say if she could just come back immediately.

Well I'm assuming he mean's Mothra's type 4 because its the only immortality in this fight and it basically just means she can resurrect from her offspring which won't really impact the fight imo since it takes a couple days for the larva to hatch then turn into another full sized Mothra.

ok, well regardless mothra still has ways to win
1. the stinger thing
2. air and water somehow because of volcarona weaknesses, mothra does have weather manipulation so
3. sound manipulation, but I'm not sure if volcarona's sound contributes to or scales to its AP, but we know that mothra's sound is quite powerful physically too, which means it's probably gonna be very useful in terms of the actual audio of it
4. just giving it cancer with radiation
5. perhaps she can use her ability to sense heat in some kind of useful way, like staying out of its range
also not sure how sticky mothra silk is gonna help but it could possibly do something in the fight, since ghidorah was held back by it

Back