• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mother/Earthbound revisions (no it's not what you are thinking)

This CRT is not about cosmology of earthbound/mother series and more about mid tiers of the verse, and I thought about initiative for myself. Oh yeah, also Crt contains a little but mother 3 spoilers. So if you haven't played mother 3 go play it, it's a good game.

1. Mother 1 Gyigas.

No this is not a downgrade, more like upgrade or correction of verse page. Mother 1 Gyigas key is "at least 7-C" in AP. While the verse page and result of calc (if not looking to the comment section) is high 7-C. Basically it's either changing Gyigas key into high 7-C or changing result of calculation to 7-C result. The same btw goes to 8-B calc which in verse page it looks like low end (High 8-C end) is mostly accepted while the cast mostly have 8-B on profiles. Should we use high 8-C or correct on verse page high 8-C to 8-B?

2. Mother 3 cast.

Aka: Lucas, Kumatora, Duster, Boney and Claus.

They're all still have Low 7-B while the feat to which cast scales is recalced to 8-B. So, make all cast except for Claus I guess to 9-A beginning of game and 8-B end game. Claus of course should be as previous considered basically strongest in mother 3 and should have "at least 8-B likely higher" since he one shotted everyone but Lucas because of Franklin Badge, he also could whistand few own attacks which Lucas reflected by a badge so it scalable to basically his all stats. And maybe make Claus and Lucas keys when they were kids which at some point pointless but seems interesting to me.

3. This is just my little question about speed, less important just to be clever.

"Beam of light" which can do damage is totally sol right? It's very likely just me who when hears that associate more with relativistic and not sol, but that's it about.

4. Respect Duster.

I mean, from all of his tools the only mentioned one is siren beetle? Like, his Wall Staples gives him surface scaling and unconventional paralysis (since he can climb up and immobilize enemies by it), his smoke bomb should give him smoke manipulation, Hypno-Pendulum gives him sleep manipulation, Tickle Stick are able to decrease defense and Scary Mask despite of being used for decreasing attack can also count as fear manipulation since the main purpose of mask is well, scaring opponents. Also he can do acrobatics stuff by himself through some of his techniques which are mentioned in profile.

What's more is that it's all mentioned on his profile in standard equipment but not mentioned on P&A.

And probably last 5. Maybe to change the pictures of some mother 3 cast. And I mean those characters that have now clay models on their profiles. The only thing I guess is holding from changing is the fact that those models are official, but correct me if I wrong, I guess no. Like, Clay models are good, but I guess we can use at least official sprites.

And that's it.

Oh yeah also

6. Kumatora.

She also have some abilities which are noted on her notable attack and techniques but doesn't have those abilities on her P&A section.

You don't necessarily need to be as fast as something to dodge it, which is something the Earthbound profiles ignore for whatever reason. I'm also not 100% if it does fit our standards for this kinda feat, but whatever.

Anyway, CRT seems good.

You don't necessarily need to be as fast as something to dodge it, which is something the Earthbound profiles ignore for whatever reason. I'm also not 100% if it does fit our standards for this kinda feat, but whatever.

Anyway, CRT seems good.
You're about beam right?

Yeah, we've got a lot of guidelines on the subject:
  • The beam refracts in a new material, such as a liquid or...
  • The beam diffuses in a reasonably realistic way or reflects off a material that it can be expected to, such as a non-magical mirror.
  • The beam is called lightspeed by reliable sources.
  • It is stated to be composed/consisting of photons or light itself, again by a reliable source.
  • It has its origin at a realistic source of light, such as a camera.
And I'm pretty sure Earthbound hits one, maybe two of these.

A little question. If speed feats are not SoL-FTL, we'll put them at baseline relativistic or we should find more speed feats?

Normally you'd go relativistic yes. Considering the Earthbound battle screen is supposed to be the player characters' POV one could use that to find the average distance from an enemy and try and get a speed calc from that.

If the light can be proved as legit, that is.

Then I may update the speed of profiles and some mentioned mother 3 profiles.

The point 1 is still opened for discussion cause there's still a vice versa difference of calc results between verse and profiles (the accepted end is stated as High 7-C and High 8-C at verse page however 7-C with 8-B at profiles). @Armorchompy , that may be a rude from my side, but could I know accepted ends of these 2 calcs?

I'll add relativistic speed for now as Earthbound supporters doesn't responded. But Someone may can make a calc via POV of player which armor pointed out.

If some beam of lights were stated to be as fast as lights or if there's like a form of statements cause I haven't read any manuals, then I think we'll put the previous rating back. For now I'll go to eat and would get to at least some profiles then.

Has what was accepted here been applied yet?

Some of the changes yes, others not yet.

Probably I want to see opinion of verse supporters about calcs, cause atm there are few inconsistencies mentioned above.

I agree with removing the High 8-C calc as it relies on a off site calc which even changed the results in the original blog due of standards there having changed

Last edited:
Pretty sure the SoL feat is fake, yes. There's nothing that really implies it's a real light beam.

Giygas should be up to High 7-C, yeah. No clue why he isn't, seeing as the calc literally gives High 7-C results.

Rest seems good.

So to sum up.

Recalc Earthbound storm feat by VSBW standards (I guess).

Upgrade mother 1 Gyigas to high 7-C.

And I guess sol feats would be changed to relativistic atm I guess?

I think the Thunder & Storm feat was considered unusable for other reasons, don't remember what.

Also I don't think the light speed stuff has enough proof to be used at all.

Are you talking about PK Flash? Actually, it doesn't physically damage anyone, it's just an omnidirectional flash of light that can blind foes, cause paralysis or can random chance instant kill but has a low chance of doing so. It does not physical damage. It also is avoidable in Mother 3.

Are you talking about PK Flash? Actually, it doesn't physically damage anyone, it's just an omnidirectional flash of light that can blind foes, cause paralysis or can random chance instant kill but has a low chance of doing so. It does not physical damage. It also is avoidable in Mother 3.
I mean, yeah PK Flash can be pretty much used as SoL justification.

Previously I meant attack of characters which are just stated as "beam of light", "laser" and etc. which is used as SoL justifications atm.

I do agree that there's skepticism surrounding the robots shooting lasers or Jeff equipment a weapon called the Light Gun. PK Flash seems to be the only legit lightspeed attack.

Okay. That is probably fine then.

What do the rest of you think?

Alright, little news, I made calc with consideration of attacks being lightspeed based. It got approval, however, even with approval at accepted best Ness and others reaches Rela+ only. So either way, if using SoL for Earthbound is fine, I would need Ness's and others locked profiles to be opened, for adding calc.

You still need to prove the attacks are actually SoL- I don't think there's much evidence for that

You still need to prove the attacks are actually SoL- I don't think there's much evidence for that
Welp...

Ooof, yeah the only thing which I can rely here for now is statement since we have lack of visuals...

In other words... I can rely here on PK Flash and "Dazzling light".

Since we don't will use lasers for Ness and others. Is it possible to scale characters to PK Thunder? What do you think Armor?
As well as others if you're reading this.

Back