• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mosquito fights monkey man (Goku VS Buzzwole)

Roachman40 said:
Im assuming around Necros AP, so around 3 Kilofoe
Ok so Goku is at least 2 Kf as a SSJ2, SSJ2 Goku > SSJ2 Gohan >= SPC = 1kilofoe

So Goku is gonna need SSJ3 for this fight which at bare minimum is 4 - 8 Kilofoe. An AP advantage but not really enough to make a huge difference. Goku also has stamina issues here.

He can't use any Martial Arts combat since Buzzwole resist Fighting Abilities.

Goku would need to get off a Kamehameha or Energy based attacks to win but thats completely plausible. Other than that Buzzwole does have Leech life which do some damage to Goku. Oh and he has Endure so he could take one of Goku's heavier attacks.

I think Buzzwole got this.

Buzzwhole can boost his stats with PowerUp Punch, Bulk Up, Harden. Also Kamehameha require his user to canalize the energy in order to be stronger, Buzzwhole can break that with Taunt

Demon Takumo 31 said:
Buzzwhole can boost his stats with PowerUp Punch, Bulk Up, Harden. Also Kamehameha require his user to canalize the energy in order to be stronger, Buzzwhole can break that with Taunt
So, is that a vote for buzzwole?

Also doesn't Buzzwole also resist moves like Kamehameha? It's practically the same thing as Aura Sphere, after all.

Demon Takumo 31 said:
So what could Goku do here then?

Since they have no prior knowledge of each other, I'm pretty sure buzzwole or goku wouldn't know each others moves.

Roachman40 said:
Since they have no prior knowledge of each other, I'm pretty sure buzzwole or goku wouldn't know each others moves.
I'm saying this might be a stomp for Buzz boi. Does Goku have a wincon?

@AwkguyDB

How the hell do you resist Martial Arts!? Do they bounce off or what!?

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Planck69 said:
@AwkguyDB
How the hell do you resist Martial Arts!? Do they bounce off or what!?
In pokemon, this means the fighting type attacks are weakened
So he literally can't do anything to Bug on steroids he doesn't get the AP advantage until SSJ3 and since this is DBZ Goku he'll only be in the form for several minutes before his stamina is depleted. At that point Buzz could literally hold down Goku and suck him dry. Also someone said Ki Blast would also be weakened as well.

yeah it might not do Buzz justice against Chou Goku since now Goku scales to the hundreds and thousands Kilofoes with SSJ forms 1-3. Even weakened he should one shot.

So is Goku SSJ3 off the bat, or not?

That saaaid. Goku definitely has the advantage in skill/technique, as opposed to Buzzwole, who are mostly brutes and do more showing off than actual martial arts, and just kind of brute force their way through combat. Goku is more than capable of fending off a stronger, but less skilled opponent. He can also avoid Buzz's attacks more reliably with his Analytical Prediction. Buzzwole, not being the skilled martial artist that Goku is, is gonna be telegraphing his moves so hard, even a less talented fighter would see them coming, allowing Goku to avoid or counter most of Buzz's attacks. After Image technique makes him even harder to hit, and Goku has the Solar Flare to blind Buzz, not unlike a Pokemon using Flash. Reactive Evolution allows him to improve through the course of the battle.

Buzzwole has plenty of tricks beyond just brute force, of course. Lunge will drop Goku's AP whenever it manages to land a hit, Power-Up Punch will rise Buzzwole's AP while dealing damage, Drain Punch will restore Buzzwole's health while dealing damage, and Bulk Up will raise Buzzwole's AP and Durability, and Roost is a pretty hefty heal, but it will leave Buzzwole open. Counter will send back any physical damage dealt back 2x as hard, but if Buzz resists Goku's attacks, it's not gonna be as much as it could be. Then there's Taunt, which will lock Goku out of ANYTHING that isn't strictly offensive for a while.

It ends up coming down to who lasts longer, and while Goku is probably better at avoiding damage, any hit he takes is gonna stay on him and do things that he cannot undo, while Buzzwole can power up while attacking, heal while attacking, and prevent Goku from doing anything other than slug it out, which Buzz can tank and heal from through out the battle.

I vote Buzzwole in a long, hard, drawn out battle regardless of the version of Goku used. (Assuming of course, it's 4-B)

AwkguyDB said:
yeah it might not do Buzz justice against Chou Goku since now Goku scales to the hundreds and thousands Kilofoes with SSJ forms 1-3. Even weakened he should one shot.
I see, good think I kept Z son goku then...

Back