• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the abilities are fine though I think Power Bestowal should be switched with Statistics Amplification since the line about the spiritual energy increased her strength and allowed her to pierce the ground. I don't really see Power Bestowal but if I'm mistaken just let me know.

Power Bestowal comes from making the bamboo sword function like a stun gun; I considered it bestowing paralysis inducement upon it.

So limited Statistics Amplification?

That's a good idea.

That's something that would go on his stamina and weaknesses.

Ahh, that sorta thing can just be put there, cool.

As for creation, it we don't know how he got the armor or if he created it then I wouldn't add Creation without some other backing.

Vampiric matter-related powers are sometimes just used for shapeshifting (Dramaturgy turning his arms into greatswords and his body into mist, Koyomi turning his arms into trees, Episode turning himself and his cross into mist, Kiss-shot growing wings), but they seem able to be used for other things as well. Kiss-shot creates her clothes, and can also create guns, swords, dental equipment, a Nintendo DS, that sorta thing. Koyomi comments that Episode likely created his cross the same way Kiss-shot creates her clothes.

Considering it already being an established ability, when we combine that with how Seishirou was just a pile of ash for hundreds of years, and appeared in a suit of armour without being conscious, it seems far more likely he created it than just buying it or finding it somewhere.

I'm not sure what to apply this as, if he guessed half of them than he's just lucky enough to get them right. I'd argue Supernatural Luck if that has some backing by other feats.

Funnily enough, Kanbaru's only other luck-based feat in the series is her having terrible luck. I mostly included it for posterity, she doesn't have a profile yet anyway.

I wouldn't really give her resistance to fire given they are referring to her Immortality that would allow her to survive.

She already has a statement that she can regenerate from high temperatures to normal ones, I was just gonna chuck this in as another fire-related feat of immortality. I think that's useful since it explains stuff that regen wouldn't normally save you from. She has nigh-instantaneous high-mid and mid-high over years, I'd think that even with those you'd usually need heat-related dura to be "perfectly fine" diving into a volcano.

Why Resistance to Sleep Manipulation and not just Sealing? Is the Sealing method putting them to sleep?

Oh yeah that isn't very well explained for those who haven't seen the series. "Slug Tofu" was shown to put her to sleep for a few days.

I could argue the person knocked her out with brute force since some times in fiction characters can tap people and knock them out through Strength alone but I'm fine with sleep manipulation if everyone else is.

Hm, I didn't really consider that since it was described as just being a tap, and caused no notable damage.

Apologies again for not commenting sooner.

I am immensely grateful that you looked through such a big post at all.

Power Bestowal comes from making the bamboo sword function like a stun gun; I considered it bestowing paralysis inducement upon it.
I see, I guess that's fine
Vampiric matter-related powers are sometimes just used for shapeshifting (Dramaturgy turning his arms into greatswords and his body into mist, Koyomi turning his arms into trees, Episode turning himself and his cross into mist, Kiss-shot growing wings), but they seem able to be used for other things as well. Kiss-shot creates her clothes, and can also create guns, swords, dental equipment, a Nintendo DS, that sorta thing. Koyomi comments that Episode likely created his cross the same way Kiss-shot creates her clothes.

Considering it already being an established ability, when we combine that with how Seishirou was just a pile of ash for hundreds of years, and appeared in a suit of armour without being conscious, it seems far more likely he created it than just buying it or finding it somewhere.
That's a fair argument. I'm fine with giving him Creation.
Funnily enough, Kanbaru's only other luck-based feat in the series is her having terrible luck. I mostly included it for posterity, she doesn't have a profile yet anyway.
Ok then.
She already has a statement that she can regenerate from high temperatures to normal ones, I was just gonna chuck this in as another fire-related feat of immortality. I think that's useful since it explains stuff that regen wouldn't normally save you from. She has nigh-instantaneous high-mid and mid-high over years, I'd think that even with those you'd usually need heat-related dura to be "perfectly fine" diving into a volcano.
I'm fine with adding it then.
Oh yeah that isn't very well explained for those who haven't seen the series. "Slug Tofu" was shown to put her to sleep for a few days.
Resistance Sleep Manipulation is fine then.
Hm, I didn't really consider that since it was described as just being a tap, and caused no notable damage.
Well it was just a thought on my part, the wording does suggest it wasn't a strength feat otherwise I'm pretty sure they would have mentioned it. Either way, I'm fine with Sleep Manipulation being added.

Like with other similar statements that were accepted earlier in this thread, Yotsugi's ESP justification should also include that time she recognized that Koyomi was a "monster", and that Mayoi was a snail. (Source 1, Source 2) The second scan here should prolly be included when explaining Kagenui's feat.

Kaiki also figured out that Tsukihi was an immortal aberration. (Source) He did this without ever having met her face-to-face, simply by sounding out her other two siblings. (Source) Honestly I'm not sure what this should be, ESP doesn't work since he never met her. Maybe just an intelligence feat?

Kagenui says that Meme's the cleverest among him, her, and Kaiki. And that they reckoned he was the biggest genius the club had ever seen. (Source) So he's definitely above Kaiki and Kagenui. But, even though they played shogi with Izuko, I don't feel comfortable putting Meme flatly above her. For example, he considers Tsubasa a monster, and was seemingly outdone by her knowledge when fighting Black Hanekawa, but Izuko's established as being smarter than her. Still, this probably makes it okay to put Meme in that sort of realm/category, so I'd suggest an upgrade to Genius.

Black Hanekawa has a good nose; she could tell that Koyomi had visited her house. (Source) We saw his visit earlier; he took four quick laps before leaving. (Source) Enhanced Senses.

Last edited:
Like with other similar statements that were accepted earlier in this thread, Yotsugi's ESP justification should also include that time she recognized that Koyomi was a "monster", and that Mayoi was a snail. (Source 1, Source 2) The second scan here should prolly be included when explaining Kagenui's feat.
This is fine.
Kaiki also figured out that Tsukihi was an immortal aberration. (Source) He did this without ever having met her face-to-face, simply by sounding out her other two siblings. (Source) Honestly I'm not sure what this should be, ESP doesn't work since he never met her. Maybe just an intelligence feat?
I'd say Intelligence, it talked about how "cunning" they were.
Kagenui says that Meme's the cleverest among him, her, and Kaiki. And that they reckoned he was the biggest genius the club had ever seen. (Source) So he's definitely above Kaiki and Kagenui. But, even though they played shogi with Izuko, I don't feel comfortable putting Meme flatly above her. For example, he considers Tsubasa a monster, and was seemingly outdone by her knowledge when fighting Black Hanekawa, but Izuko's established as being smarter than her. Still, this probably makes it okay to put Meme in that sort of realm/category, so I'd suggest an upgrade to Genius.
I agree with the Intelligence upgrade.
Black Hanekawa has a good nose; she could tell that Koyomi had visited her house. (Source) We saw his visit earlier; he took four quick laps before leaving. (Source) Enhanced Senses.
I agree with Enhanced Senses.

Thanks again for the help.

What has been accepted above can probably be applied then.

tbh my interest in the wiki is waning right now. I'm not interested in overly-long discussions or edits (I'm only posting new stuff here because I'm helping a friend with a project related to this series, in the course of which I found these feats). I won't be able to apply most of this stuff myself right now, but all the scans/explanations/abilities are here for others to apply. And if it ends up not getting applied, I'll be able to do that myself once I'm more interested.

Okay. I am sorry to hear that.

@PrettyFearMachine @-BANLK- @RatherClueless @CrimsonStarFallen @Cloozuma @Mr._Bambu @Problemexe @Phoenks

Would any of you be willing to apply what has been accepted above please?
Uh, I dunno if I was pinged due to being an admin, but I don't know about this verse. I'm listed as neutral since Agnaa forced my hand and made me create the verse page for him, as he is lazy smh. I can try to read through the thread if nobody else is capable, but I have quite literally zero knowledge on the verse outside of the handful of calc requests I fulfilled for it years ago.

Well, you were sent a notification due to being listed in the verse page.

Thank you for offering to help out.

Awesome, awesome work. I might clean up a few wording things, but I cannot thank you enough for the help.

I was a bit unclear with my OP; Izuko should still keep a 9-B end with energy manip since she imbued the sword with energy to let it perform a 9-B feat. I'll add that back in.

EDIT: Alright, I'm done going through the pages. There's a formatting overhauls I'd like to do (inline hyperlinks > references, giving Seishirou a key for the monkey aberration, reformatting Seishirou & Ougi's P&A sections into tabbers with a separate one for their abilities from other aberrations in the town), but I'll leave those for later.

Last edited:
Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

What, if anything, is left to do here?

Nothing really, the "9-B Izuko with energy manip" thing was only clarified to Crimson, but I don't expect it to be controversial.

Okay. So should I close this thread then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back