• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey King vs Potential Wizard King

Mori Jin vs Asta

-Chapter 2 Jin

-Post Elves' Reincarnation Black Asta

-SBA

-Speed Equalized

Jin: 5 (Ovens, Astralking (sort of?), Starter Pack, Milly, Kobster

Asta:

I'm just gonna wait here till the Black Clover peeps arrive.

Actually let me just start the argument. Mori's skillset has no magic whatsoever, so Asta has nothing to null. Martially, Mori would be superior, and destroys at close range. Asta's only hope would be ranged attacks.

But I'm not really knowledgable on Black Clover so someone is gonna have to tell me what Asta has in his arsenal.

Asta can negate all types of magic/energy that come at him. Like, if someone used energy blast at him, he just touches it with his edge of his sword and it instantly disappears, or he redirects it at his opponent. There's no type of magic, at least in BC that actually work on him in this form, because he has some sort of "cloak" made of Anti-Magic that also absorbs everything that come at him. That's the main thing he does, and later he beats the shit out of his opponent.

He also has Precog in form of "Ki". He can't sense mana due to not having any, but he can sense life energy of anyone, their way of breathing, movement etc. that greatly help him in battle.

Mori is a largely CQC fighter; he would most likely start the match by dashing straight at his opponent with Bo-Bup, which works as a short speed amp, allowing him to close the distance on opponents.

For reference, Mandeok Sang, who could teleport, was intercepted by Mori's weaker clone using Bo-Bup.

Once close, Mori goes ham with his go-to martial art, which is Re-Taekwondo. Re-Taekwondo increases Mori's AP whenever he performs a move and it has a specific technique that disarms opponents called Homi-Geolyi, where Mori wraps his legs around his opponents arms and unlocks their guard.

Precog won't really work well against Mori. After not training for 17 years, he was still able to juke someone who could see 5 seconds into the future.

Also Mori doesn't have magic. Even if he used Borrowed Power, it still isn't magic, because magic exists in GoH and only 3 characters have been shown to use it.

This match comes down to if Asta can beat Mori at a range, because Mori destroys in close quarters.

In anime it's MS Paint rubber clearing it's way.

In manga it's a tornado that erases all magic/energy it makes contact with

Mori completely stomps man. He had the advantage in everything. Way more creative, more experience, different range attacks, heal, can copy skills and even sword styles and can find weak points in opponents just be looking

Yeah, I'm giving this to Mori. Asta will go for close-quarters combat almost every time, and before he can get far away enough to even try to do a ranged assault, he's gonna get flattened by a martial arts master like Mori.

If Mori ever gets any form of hax whatsoever, I'll be sure to let you know.

But nah, he doesn't use any energy stuff until he becomes the Monkey King.

Then I think this is a stomp, Asta mainly kicks the shit out of opponents who use some kind of magic or even energy attacks. He's quite useless against actual martial artists more powerful than himself.

If Asta's precog is useless and his opponent is more skilled than him then I hardly see him winning. His fighting style is all about nullifying opponent's magic and reflecting spells back at them.

But good thing is Mori is absolutely forced to CQC combat if Asta can nope some of his attacks.

Maybe that's not a stomp, I didn't see directly Mori's page. I don't know jack about The God of High School so I can be wrong but:

Asta later trains a lot and his Ki sensing (precog) is pretty much better. He can amp himself and maybe overwhelm Mori. But I've seen statements that this dude is skilled as hell.

GoH is currently undergoing revisions. Mori's AP may be changed to a little over baseline 6-C instead of 6-C+.

Correct me if im wrong, but Asta isnt the smartest kid on the block is he? As in he doesn't really have any strategy or technique right? All he does is swing and swing some more (I think), unless Mori gets blitzed and loses pretty much instantly Mori should be able to see through Asta's 1 directional fighting style and formulate a way to win.

In the current key, High 7-A in base.

In his 6-C key, baseline.

This is of course before we take into account Jeahbongchim Acupuncture, which can multiply his AP up to 8 times.

Back