• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Monkey D. Luffy (Punk Hazard Saga) Vs. Lucario

Voting Luffy via range, Stamina, Armament Haki, high resistance to blunt force damage and greater AoE. Also he's weak to fighting types, would that have any negative effects on Lucario here?

@knight

Blunt force resistance wont help a lot considerin practically every attack Lucario has is not just a normal punch or a kick but is imbued with some type of energy plus he has ton of blasts to attack with and quite of a versitalty.

Not sure where you got Luffy having better AOE to be honest.

Also, same can be said for Luffy's attack as they can be considered as normal attack that Lucario resists on.

Lucario has precognition as well as he can read his opponent mind.

Lucario can reflect attacks.

Lucario becomes stronger with every hit so that "counters" Armament haki.

Lucario has force fields to protect with.

Inconclusive for me.

1: Actually it will help with the physical aspect of the the attacks ( Punches, kicks etc.) Yes he'd obviously gonna take damage from energy enhanced attacks but the blunt force damage from said enhanced attacks will be softened.

2: Gum Gum no Storm, Gum Gum Gatling, Gum Gum Elephant Gun etc. All of these attacks have a decent amount of AoE.

3: Actually I'm pretty sure Luffy's attacks would classify as fighting which Lucario is weak to. But as i said I'm unsure how this works because if memory serves me right we don't take things like that into consideration.

4: I'm aware of that which is why i didn't mention observation Haki.

5: Can he reflect physical attacks? If so show me a scan of him doing so.

6: What? No that actually doesn't counter Armament Haki. Don't know where you got that from. Also i don't see anything such as Reactive Evolution in his profile.

7: Ok?

It depends on a lot on how he uses, but in general his AOE is not very big.

There is no real way to classify them thou and i also think we don't do that in any case.

Not sure if he can reflect physical attacks as well that is something @Cal will answer if he sees this thing and he likely will since he likes Lucario as a Pokemon.

It counters in sense that armament haki will increase Luffy's durabilty and attack yes, but Lucario's attacks are gonna get stronger as well so no one really has the advantage from that point of view. And i believe it's not placed as reactive evolution, but instead is part of his statistics amplification as its only for the battle and not permananent. I was kinda mentioned this in a different battle of Lucario.

1: Nonetheless still has a decent amount of AoE especially with his storm / gatling attacks.

2: Agreed.

3: Then we'll wait.

4: Fair enough.

Fine. I was summoned and I'll answer. Luffy would not count as a fighting type. Especially when his best attacks are essentially Mega and Comet Punch.

A.) We don't give "basic attacks w/ no elemental concept" types (i.e. Luffy's punches would just be 1x)

B.) I'm votingInconclusive for Blanked's reasons.

Anyway, I'd go for Lucario. For starters, Metal Claw f***s Luffy over HARD (along with like, a backhand or a hug) Feint negs the precog haki really well, as not only does it bypass it, but it renders it inert for a short period of time.. Lucario's bone weapons help due to the fact that Luffy is unequipped. And energy moves like Dragon Pulse and Aura Sphere are great. Plus, great stat boosts and power mimicry. Can't believe I forgot to mention AP advantage as well.

Both have some of the same powers/abilities and they both could counter each other's moves, so there's a little problem here.

I might vote inconclusive, but I'm going to vote for Luffy for now because of his Genius intelligence, creativity, extremely high stamina, and surprisingly more defensive techniques.

^Luffy a genius is only referred on his use of his powers, but he is no tactician and similar. Plus i do not like that reasoning for a genius intellect whatsoever so i am gonna make a thread about it.

Honestly that's the case with a decent amount of profiles. Luffy isn't a genius only smart when it comes to his combat skills and creativity.

Blanked said:
^Luffy a genius is only referred on his use of his powers, but he is no tactician and similar.
Ah, okay.

Plus i do not like that reasoning for a genius intellect whatsoever so i am gonna make a thread about it.
I was actually not sure about Luffy's intelligence when making the comment in the first place, so I just used what's on his profile.

I always wonder if we threat critical hits as bypassing power boosts... Because if yes, Laser Focus is a pain to deal with. Or Focus Energy.

Anyway, Cal for Lucario's reasoning... Wait... ovo

Luffy seems kind of helpless against Aura Sphere here. He takes the full damage and doesn't have a good method to defend himself against it all. My vote is for Lucario.

Back