• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
So, basically Monika is considered as Low 2-C because she "Re-created and eventually destroyed the entire game, which is a whole universe of its own with its own time".

While the part about how the game is a whole universe with its own time isn't untrue, Monika "re-creating and destroying" the entire game isn't as direct as the justification makes it sounds. To prove this I'll go case by case, talking about every "big change/reset" the game had.

Act 1
Let's first talk about the first game "reset" right after Sayori's death. From what I saw a lot of people considers this as Monika directly rewriting the game, however it's wrong.

One of the main proof is the poem "A joke", which reveal use a crucial plot elements: Any character contradicting its role will cause the script to derail and threatens the universe.

Act 2
Act 2 shows also pretty clearly that the absence of change of a character makes a lot of things weird, or create bugs and suchlike (directly because of Monika or not), however they're all mostly minor change.

Now there's the scene with Yuri, which first shows that Monika doesn't directly alter the script/plot, since she wasn't aware of the script becoming super broke because of Yuri's behavior.

Act 3
Now there's Act 3, when we learn quite a lot of things about Monika and her powers (I'll list them by topics, that you can check here ).

- Poem , she says that the whole thing with Yuri was her experimenting her powers and messing up.

-with books Coffee with Books : She doesn't know what is erased or not, implying that it's more of a chain reaction (which will be confirmed later)

-Delete Myself : It's actually kind of a big reveal, since we now know that not everything was erased, and that files are linked between them, making changes through files erasure and behavior more of a great chain reaction.

-Music :Even in Act 3, she doesn't know what she's doing and mess up a lot of things, also mentionning how much damage it already did.

-Dying : Closing the game affects Monika a lot, same when you opens it. She's powerless when this happens (it's also mentionned in her poems which are confirmed to be about her "realization" btw).

And that's surprisingly all. Unlike what is wrote in the "weakness" part of her page, Monika can't change things at will not does she has a good control over her powers even during Act 3. We also learn that most of what we know are chains reactions.

Act 4
And now there's Act 4, which is... quite vague? Going by what we know thanks to the previous act, everything is kind of a chain reaction. The only things Monika directly deleted and bring back are the characters files, which would more implies everything being back to normal is related to these files being back (since their disappearance is what ****** up everything at the end of act 2).

It wouldn't make sense for Monika to suddenly being able to recreate everything where even changing musics is something she has trouble with. Also I'm pretty sure that Monika wouldn't just have let to Sayori her powers, considering that she basically learned the lesson before Act 4.

And now there's the final "erasure" of the game, which is again is mostly done through chain reaction/over time, considering that she needs to delete every things one by one.

Conclusion
Basically, Monika's tier 2 feats are through chain reaction or overtime, and it's more something specific to the game (considering that Sayori acting odd is enough to threatens the universe). She also clearly doesn't masters her powers as well as her weakness section seems to imply. I'm basically proposing her ratings to change from what it is to "10-B physically, Low 2-C via chain reaction" or something like this. Sayori should get the same. Idk really for the Player, since he's a special case, but his justification would likely need a change.

I can actually see this being the case. This would downgrade Sayori and Monika, but I assume The Player would still keep his tier?

YungManzi said:
I can actually see this being the case. This would downgrade Sayori and Monika, but I assume The Player would still keep his tier?
Yeah, it would just need a change of description or something.

The Wright Way said:
Please hold off on any controversial revisions until after the forum move. Thank you.
I was thinking that it was fairly uncontroversial, given all the things that go in the same way. My bad if it is.

Hhhh how should i start :

1-it still dosn't change the fact when Monika deleted Yuri and her friend, she immediately restarted the game and the Universe with its time is immediately gone which already prove that she did that immediately and not over time .

2-in the end of the game Monika didn't delete the game, she was actually deleting the Images, than after the images begin deleted she immediately corrupted the script of the game within a second which again it was immediately.

3-i believe that this kind of things has been brought up many times and it was rejected anyway, this thread should be closed.

1-The guy quickly restarted after she deleted both Yuri and Natsuki. And like Sayori's poem said, this kind of thing is what makes the destruction. It also explains why Monika was still wondering what was erased or not and things like that.

2-The script was already starting to being kind of corrupted, and her deletings the CG is kinda a good proof of her doing this overtime.

It also wouldn't make any sense for Monika to be able to do this to such extent (directly) when she clearly has trouble even with basics modifications.

3-I don't remember seeing this being brought up before, but since it seems controversial it should be closed for now yeah.

YuriAkuto said:
1-The guy quickly restarted after she deleted both Yuri and Natsuki. And like Sayori's poem said, this kind of thing is what makes the destruction. It also explains why Monika was still wondering what was erased or not and things like that.

2-The script was already starting to being kind of corrupted, and her deletings the CG is kinda a good proof of her doing this overtime.

It also wouldn't make any sense for Monika to be able to do this to such extent (directly) when she clearly has trouble even with basics modifications.

3-I don't remember seeing this being brought up before, but since it seems controversial it should be closed for now yeah.
1-this... Is just a little bit vague.. Idk but still the Universe was fine when Monika deleted Yuri and natsuki, but then Monika saied :"this should only take a sec" than boom the Universe is immediately gone.
2-still dosn't change the fact that Monika was only deleting images but not the Reality of the game it self unless this images represent Time lines?? , the deletion of the reality started immediately after the images begin deleted I think.

(also it dosn't make sence the the Universe started to collapse just because of deleting some images that has anything to do with the Universe unless you consider the images an alternete time lines)

1- It would be vague if Monika didn't confirmed the whole chain thing constantly in Act 3. Some of her topics kinda shows that she doesn't know what was erased or doesn't know how to do more advanced things than controlling characters and suchlike like the ones I put in the OP.

2-I would say that they more represent the history/story of the game? Deleting just the images would be kinda dumb if she could just one shot the world.

You have a big thread for not saying much at all I'd say.

-Monika reduced the game to her single room, without time, and then remade it. Your argument of "but she couldn't be able to recreate it!" is an assumption that tries to go against the more obvious interpretation. The fact that she has difficulties doing precise alterations doesn't mean she can't undo her damage. Especially since her reducing the game just to this room is quite obviously deliberate, since it's an action she explicitly did after having deleted Natsuki and Yuri.

-Monika deletes the game at end. Again you for some reasons assume it must be a chain reaction only because pictures are shown being deleted during the credits. It's still a Low 2-C feat. Done directly via her powers.

Guess there's nothing more to add then.

Monika's statements aren't really what I would call an assumption though.

The assumption is saying that Monika's inability to do fine ajdustements to the game means she's unable to do other, different and sweeping changes like undoing her damage.

@Saikou Maybe the tier 2 stuff in Monika's AP should have a more precise wording, would you like to propose one?

Far from it, it doesn't even show evidence while claiming that she easily erased all timelines at several points in the game, yet we know it wasn't that easily always, hence Saikou only pointed out the few things he did from her feats.

Our regular standards are better than to show nothing and being vague, man.

Even if the tier 2 isn't affected (except for what Eficiente said), the weakness part should change to precise that she clearly lack some control/understanding of her powers, since being able to "change the script at will" is still pretty wrong.

YuriAkuto said:
Even if the tier 2 isn't affected (except for what Eficiente said), the weakness part should change to precise that she clearly lack some control/understanding of her powers, since being able to "change the script at will" is still pretty wrong.
it's clearly stated in her profile that she has limited controle over the entire Game

Also I'm pretty sure that she did have some lack of contrôle only in the beginning of the game but in the end of the game she has complete control over the script now I think so wherever it's even mentioned in her profile she had limited control over the game at First and in the end of the game she has complete control over the script now so yeah

Back