• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Molecular level Destruction and Resistance for Danny Phantom Verse

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Here we go again, more additions for Danny Phantom characters 😎.

Molecular Destruction
I'm sure everyone has heard of the Danny Phantom intro if not... Here's the part that I'm referring to mostly. "There was a great big flash everything just, his molecules got all rearranged".

Basically, when Danny got hit with the ecto energy from the ghost portal, it bonded with his DNA, rearranging his molecular structure and changing his physiology to that of a pure ectoplasmic structure. In the final episode of the series "Phantom Planet", Danny uses the Fenton Portal again and it reverses the effects and rearranges his molecules back and removing the ghost part.

Now here's the kicker, later in the episode, Skulker and a few fodder ghosts all blast Danny with there energy beams and guess what happens. The energy literally strikes hits him and just like before and rearranges his molecular structure and turning him back into Danny Phantom. This means ghosts energy from there attacks work on a molecular level.

Resistance to Molecular Destruction
Since ghosts can tank each others energy attacks and amp themselves with ecto energy around their fists when striking each other, they would all get resistance to molecular destruction. This would also make sense to why the Fenton's make weapons that effect ghosts on an atomic level, which reminds me, this resistance scales to the humans as well as the likes of Maddie, Tucker and Sam have survived ghost energy attacks like the ones used on Danny.

So... Thoughts?, It would look like this.

Matter Manipulation (Ghost energy attacks on a molecular level)

Resistance to Matter Manipulation (Ghosts can withstand each other's attacks that strike on a molecular level) for the humans it would be similar (Can withstand energy attacks from ghosts which strike on a molecular level).

God I wish the do a new Danny Phantom series. I don't care if it's a spin of or whatever. Other shows get spin offs, There rebooting or bringing back all these other shows but no more Danny Phantom...

Just so I can add more hax OvO.

Isn't the creator of Danny Phantom not with Nickelodeon anymore?

Butch left Nickelodeon yeah and he talks about a reboot a lot but it's more like teasing a pipe dream at this point.

Yeah, he left Nickelodeon but they have the rights now and are just sitting on them doing nothing. I think they could make a great sequel or spin off if they tried.

Nickelodeon can pull a Capcom and get someone who's determined and knows a lot about Danny to work on said series like what Capcom did with Mega Man.

Bump.

Should this be added or should we wait for more input.

I'm ok with Danny and ghosts getting the resistance, but the humans as well? If there isn't any special reason why they can tank it, it could just be PIS.

@Sir Ovens

The Humans in Danny Phantom have already proven they aren't normal like us. Considering they can legitimately keep up with and physically combat ghosts should show it. They consistently take ghosts attacks so I think it's fine.

@UltimateFlare

Yes, tho they already had Durability Negation on their page for a different reason. This would just be another reason.

Back when the Fright Knight's weakness literally just said Pumpkins... LOL!.

They've come a long way. We got possibly Low 2-C and FTL with some decent hax.

@ProfessorKukui4Life

Hey, Long time no see.

Yeah, this does seem solid, though, the kicker is, they aren't actually destroying molecules. They're just rearranging them

It's matter manipulation and resistance to it, but the former wouldn't negate dura in this situation.

@DMUA

Danny was lucky to just get his Molecules rearrange. If that was the case, they would never be capable of destroying anyone with their energy beams if all it did was rearrange molecules.

Let me see if I understand: portal rearranged his molecular structure turning him into a "ghost"; one chapter is affected by the attacks once again and turn him into normal human. Once again, he is affected by the portal and is turned into ghost, right?

Do they actually vaporize people with this stuff at any point? If they don't, I'm not sure we can just say they would be able to whenever they aren't struck by PIS

@DUMA

Yes, they vaporized objects with their energy beams

@Antoniofer

Danny activates the portal, it fluds his body with ecto energy and rearranges his molecules, turning him into his ectoplasmic ghost form.

Danny activates the portal again, thinking another trip would reverse the effects. It works and it rearranges his molecules back to normal and strips him of his ghost DNA.

Multiple ghosts then try to kill him and blast him with their energy beams. This causes his molecules to be rearranged again, turning him back into his ghost form.

Alright then

Of course that would bring into question the vaporization feats, considering it could be either Hax or AP if you lay it out like this...

So, any time a "ghost" attack a human with their own energy they turns them into ghosts? If not, if they use the techology/effect of the portal and turned Danny into a ghost once again, from where is the Resistance coming from? The attack actually worked in transforming him. Also, I though the "ghosts" were immaterial, but it seems they are still made of molecules.

@Antoniofer

No, as I said before, Danny got lucky. Vlad got lucky as well but was cought with the disease known as ecto acne. The rest of the times humans got hit with ghost energy they did not turn into ghosts which means they have resistance. Danny wasn't vaporized by the ghosts even though they can vaporize things, it wasn't there intention to turn him back, they were trying to kill him so the fact that it only rearranged his molecules is resistance.

"Ghosts" in Danny Phantom are ectoplasmic energy + consciousness that manifest physical forms of ectoplasmic goo so they can physically interact with objects.

So this is more of any human but Danny and Vlad having Matter Manipulation Resistance, as if they have that resistance they wouldn't have been affected and turned into ghost to begin with. This also imply that any human is immune to Matter Manipulation and any damage caused by ghosts is at molecular level, thing that sounds farfetched to me.

Ectoplasm is, by default, immaterial in the sense is not made of atoms, is astral matter, so they made of molecules is quite contradictory (by default standards).

It could be less of a resistance to molecule rearrangement that all humans have, and more that Danny and Vlad have unique molecular reactions to ecto energy. This would make a lot more sense to me.

@Antoniofer

In Danny Phantom, Ectoplasmic Energy and Ectoplasmic Goo are different. Ones physical, ones not

Why would Danny and Vlad not get resistance?. The ghost did not try to rearrange his molecules, they tried to literally vaporize him which their beams are capable of doing. The fact that Danny took their beams did not get vaporized is proof resistance. The unforseen side effect him turning into a ghost.

It sounds more like the special traits of Danny and Vlad's just makes them react different to ectoplasm. Is more factible that option rather that any ghost attack transmutate at a molecular level and that all humans (and apparently matter alike) are resistant/immune to matter manipulation.

As for ghosts, resistance/immunity is quite irrelevant, if they are made of ectoplasma and thus are not compose of molecules they wouldn't be affected by Matter Manipulation (like conventional ghost. Unless the power is Meta Matter Manipulation but that is irrelevant).

Also, I'd like to apologise for not making this clear. Not every human will get resistance. I was referring to the humans that have actually shown to survive being hit by ghosts energy beams.

@Anotoniofer

That would be downplaying. Their blasts work on a molecular level, they have bean shown to vaporize objects with them. Why would we assume they aren't always working on this level?.

Ghosts physical forms are literally made of Ectoplasmic Matter. The Fenton's created the Fenton Peeler which rips their physical forms apart Atom by Atom.

Call it the less exaggerated interpretation, or the more rasonable, Danny and Vlad having an special trait that makes them react different to ectoplasm is far more factible than any attack from ghosts transmutate (don't even destroy) at a molecular level and all humans are immune/resistant to molecular level transmutation (just scaling to certain humans is disguise/selective scaling, as those humans have nothing special).

Vaporize is no the same as atomization, not even close; if somehow we accept this, you're going to recalculate any feat and consider it atomization (or similar), mixing hax with AP (as people here usually does).

LordGriffin1000 said:
Not every human will get resistance. I was referring to the humans that have actually shown to survive being hit by ghosts energy beams.

You know what, I'm not even gonna bother with this anymore.

Now people are just literally going against the series. Danny and Vlad don't have a special trait, that was NEVER stated at all. Ghosts legitimately show that their energy beams work on a molecular level but it's just bullshit right. Multiple humans in Danny Phantom are special. They can keep up and fight ghost, and survive things other humans in the verse would get destroyed by. But no, let's just assume they are nothing special, this is straight up downplay!. We might as well delete every Danny Phantom profile since everything they do isn't legit because it's not how things normally work in fiction, if that's the excuses we are using now then I'm done. When I was referring to veporization I was explaining that they can destroy things with their energy beams so people won't assume they can't cause harm. Danny survived the beams that destroy objects on a molecular level. This is proven when the energy literally effects his molecules, it was just an unforeseen side effect. Several other characters can survive these attacks without a problem so they get resistance but no, everything is a special trait or just wrong because the humans are the same (which isn't the case).

I guess it's just my bad luck or whatever. I'm done, if I continue to argue this it will end up just like the last Danny Phantom thread I created with the Low Godly attempt and I'm sure no one wants that. I need to go clear my head right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back