• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Miraculous Ladybug - Removing Type 6 Immortality from Akumas (CRT)

Ok, just keeping it simple.

At the moment, all akumatized villains currently have type 6 immortality courtesy of the Origins episode. However, after looking into it a bit more, I don't think its 100% true to say that akumatized villain's have type 6 immortality for a few reasons.

For starters, type 6 immortality is stated to be a form of immortality where "The character is able to attain a sort of immortality by abandoning bodies whenever necessary to transfer their consciousness to another body, whether they are possessing someone else or switching to a backup body.".

However, I don't think this applies to akuma's for the following reasons

1. Akumatization itself is difficult to determine in how it works. Its unknown if the akuma (butterflies) simply just mind control their target, or create a dark alter-ego inside of them that takes over when the butterfly connects to them, or if the alter ego is inside the akuma themselves. Stormy weather 2 does imply the second or third ideas, but we dont know fully how the akumatization process works or how it corrupts the wielder,
  2. Akumatization duplication cannot be considered a form of immortality because the process still relies on the original target themselves being akumatized in order to control the other duplicates, and additionally if the original akuma is purified/destroyed, then the other duplicated-akuma dissappear. If anything, the whole process is more like a large scale mind control feat, with the main akuma being the "power souce" of the duplicated akumas and the akumatized villain being the controller of said akumas and its targeted victims.
  3. Probably the biggest reason as to why I disagree akumatize villains have type 6 immortality - If the target is killed, the akumatized identity effectively dies with it regardless of whether the buttefly itself is present or not, and cannot carry the akumatized identity (or its conciousness) over to another person unless its through a duplicated akuma. If that akuma were to go for a target, only for that target to somehow die, the akuma will instead go to another person with negative emotion and create a new akumatized villain.
TLDR; The akumatization process is not understood enough for it to be fully considered immortality, nor does the process imply that individual akumas can carry over supervillain identities or their powers.

I know this hasn't been responded to for a few months now, but I want to get this CRT back up and running as its a discussion I really think should happen.

Type 6 Immortality shouldn't really be for the villains themselves but the akuma itself, as the akuma can live on by transferring itself from body to body

Type 6 Immortality shouldn't really be for the villains themselves but the akuma itself, as the akuma can live on by transferring itself from body to body
Would we count it as immortality though? I mean, its not like the butterfly itself is immortal, it can only just possess people.

Would we count it as immortality though? I mean, its not like the butterfly itself is immortal, it can only just possess people.
I think that's how type 6 works. Because the akuma can keep posessing people even if its old body is destroyed or killed

It keeps on living from person to person by posessing them

I think that's how type 6 works. Because the akuma can keep posessing people even if its old body is destroyed or killed

It keeps on living from person to person by posessing them
It still shouldn't be considered as such because the butterfly can still be killed mid flight. Its a parasitic influence sure, but its not like it can be destroyed like the items it can corrupt.

Type 6 immortality, while different in each series that uses it, usually has the underlying them that its specifically a transfer of a conciousness to a new body. The thing is though, akuma's aren't concious beings since they are more or less living magical items used to corrupt others on Hawkmoth's will, and though they are semi automatic in that they target anyone with negative feelings, they are normally controlled by the supervillain to target specific people.

And again, its not like they can be used to transfer the conciousness of people they previously akumatized. Even their dupication thing doesn't count because even if many copies of an akuma are made, it still requires the original person to be corrupted again, and you can't replace the akuma with another person to get around that rule.

It still shouldn't be considered as such because the butterfly can still be killed mid flight
This doesn’t removes the type 6 immortality status. For Immortality Type 6 to be a thing on itself there’s a need for a transferal in any given way, and each transferal can be stopped in any given way depending on the rules of the verse. An AI than can transfer itself into a different hard drive before being destroyed would still qualify as a type 6 Immortal even though you could theoretically destroy it before it manages to transfer into a different device.

The thing is though, akuma's aren't concious beings since they are more or less living magical items used to corrupt others on Hawkmoth's will, and though they are semi automatic in that they target anyone with negative feelings, they are normally controlled by the supervillain to target specific people.
Akumas are butterflies corrupted by Hawk Moth’s powers and they follow their will, yes. But they have a conscious on their own, that’s why things like August being accidentally Akumatized in Gigantitan happened; because they followed the negative emotions at the place Hawk Moth pinpointed them at, but did not target the objective Hawk Moth thought of or could still act on their own after losing contact with Hawk Moth in Startrain to take over the villain of the turn.

Back