• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor removal of Self-Sustenance from Spider-Man, Iron Man, Super Dog and other characters

Dude is actually disagreeing with OP just to disagree. Won't blame him, he hates me anyway

Is this your default response to anyone who disagrees with you? He read it perfectly, it seems like you're not the one reading his arguments well.
No, it is not my default response, but at least 10 people (within 5 of them are knowledgeable) agreed and clarified it. 4 staff saw my point of view and agreed.
@Blackcurrant91 already agreed with me once he understood the stand of this OP.

It seems your issue for not understanding, I even edited OP once again and explained it in detail.
I agree with maintaining the standard we currently have and disagree with OP. If you have equipment that grants you an ability, it should be noted down, it's completely arbitrary to want to make this distinction. It's Self-Sustenance not Infinite Self-Sustenance, limitations can be put in descriptions, nothing has to be cut into pieces because you alone thinks it doesn't make sense.
Are we seriously going in the loop again? Read this:
It's not a matter of whether their suits are standard equipment or not. Self-Sustenance is for people who DONT NEED Oxygen, not people who just so happen to have oxygen on them 24/7.

And once again, Self-Sustenance is for indefinite amounts of time, not 74 Hours and then I need to refill my tanks.
Oxygen is a Typical Requirement of Life, and so is food. These characters would die without Oxygen or Food so they clearly don't qualify. And if it's via a suit/tank then it still does not qualify as it is not infinite.

Plus the term Self-Sustenance is pretty clear, it is to sustain oneself, through oneself.
Even in that staff thread, many staff members disagree with it with having type 4 as it makes also no sense.

I agree with maintaining the standard we currently have and disagree with OP. If you have equipment that grants you an ability, it should be noted down, it's completely arbitrary to want to make this distinction. It's Self-Sustenance not Infinite Self-Sustenance, limitations can be put in descriptions, nothing has to be cut into pieces because you alone thinks it doesn't make sense.
Having a mobile source of oxygen isn't the same as being able to live without oxygen
The current standards doesn't support the former at all

So after a new standard has been applied by @Sir_Ovens, all those characters who got self-sustenance should be given to the new standard.

Some of them are already replaced the moment the ability was added

Iron Man and Isaac Clarke, but you are also better off checking the "What links here" to Self-Sustenance to find characters to replace

Back