• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor (maybe more but not Major) Gurren Lagann (verse) revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple, his Spiral Power can travel through time. Contextually speaking, he spreads his every possibilities in the multiverse including the past, present, and future then integrated/twisted them into himself (Anime representation). Wouldn't this warrant him a Time Travel attack? Similarly to Mega Vortex Maelstorm Cannon but its usage is not limited to an ability or a weapon, more versatile.

"When Simon awakens without hesitation, he intergrates with the multiverse and rescues the members of the Team Dai-Gurren from the endless chain of possibilities. Finally getting Nia back from the Anti-Spiral. As Gurren Lagann emitted a new light, the final evolution of Gurren Lagann began." -Source

"Kamina: Yeah. (Nodding)
The other members of the Team Dai-Gurren who were behind him nodded. Simon turns his back. Simon's appearances spread out across the entire space. It's Simon's appearances spread out in a multiverse of possibilities for each possible appearance. But the core drill shines in Simon's chest. and his left arm becomes Gurren Lagann's. A drill appears from there. That drill spins rapidly. The drill engulfs Simons in the multiverse, turning him into a vortex of light. Simon "Let's go, buddy." In that glow, Simon transforms into Gurren Lagann's form and flies off into the void." -
Source (Green)

""Yeah!"
The members of the Gurren Lagann behind me nodded vigorously when I said that. Thank you, brother. I believe in you who believes in me. I believe in my friends who believes in myself. Simon held up his core drill to the heaven and a flash of light flashed across the sky. Innumerable appearances of Simon appeared in the sky, and they were the past, the present, and the future, every place, every time, and the innumerable selves that live in a world of infinite possibilities. There is no escaping wherever you go. In a closed infinite universe, various lives are repeated. In that universe of possibilities, Simon twisted the innumerable selves he had drilled into one, twisting them together into a giant drill, and before he realized that it was a huge drill, Simon wasn't there but Gurren Lagann. There stood Gurren Lagann, holding up the giga drill,"Let's go, buddy!"" -
Source

Who scales? Obviously, Every Team Dai-Gurren members (likely the Anti-Spiral too although they already have the Schroedinger Warp).

Edit: It was never depicted as attacks possibly because all of them had type 2 acausality in the final episode.

Possibly Type 4 Acausality upgrade

Suggested by BluudyManikin777

So not only they (members of Team Dai-Gurren) merged with all possibilities of themselves in parallel, past, and future. They also break through the cause, effect and fate, they will choose their own path because that's what the Team Dai-Gurren is.

"There, a giant that crossed the galaxy was born. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The ultimate evolution of Gurren Lagann, created by swallowing all of our thoughts, wishes, regrets, hopes, past, and future. That giant, engulfed in green flames, was the greatest power that humanity, or rather the Spiral race, had ever gained. The face is on the chest, abdomen, arms, thighs, legs, and key points of the deformed body. It corresponded to Lagann on which each Team Dai-Gurren was riding. Now each of them had the same power as Simon. However, the voice of the Anti-Spiral sounded there..." -Source

"The infinite power that overflows from this body. Give it form. It takes the form of a person. Thoughts overflow. Words break through the heart. Nia speaks. "Even when trapped in the cycle of cause and effect!" Yoko prays. "The feelings left behind will open the door!" Leeron tells us. "Even if the infinite universe stands in our way," Viral cries. "This bloodletting will decide our fate!" Simon shouts. "Break through the heaven and the dimension!" They all wears. "To grab hold of our own path!" The universe trembles. "Who the hell do you think we are!?"." -Source

"Nia entered the cockpit of the Lagann, along with Simon. Each Lagann merged into Gurren Lagann. It was anger. It was sadness. It was compassion. It was every emotion one could think of. The feelings that each of us had in our respective universes appeared in the form of a drill, breaking through the wall. It was appearing in the form of two shapes and sizes, and they became one. If you have no choice but to fight, do not hesitate. We are not afraid to ask for power. If there's a wall, we'll hit and break it, if there's no way, we'll make it with our own hands! No, more. Breaks through cause, effect and fate, the cry of life resounds in the galaxy yet, more. Engrave the feelings of a friend in this body, and turn infinite darkness into light! -That's it. A power greater than the stars, greater than the galaxies. A power greater than dimension and time." -Source

The Anti-Spiral are unbound by time, their homeworld has independent flow of time, unfixed, separated from continuous time and space. The possible observed outcomes in Gurren Lagann can create parallel universes via quantum cosmology, which their universe has no parallels because their universe is closed and isolated, causally separated from the quantum cosmology that makes up the multiverse.

"When the Super Galaxy Gurren Lagann throws, the Ashtanga-class fleet is destroyed. And, in front of the giant Nia, something like a small, black, irregular-shaped humanoid body floats. It's a stop unbounded by time and gravity." -Source

"It is a strange room. It is not even a room. It is a place separated from continuous time and space. It is surrounded by walls, but I couldn't tell if it is matter, or if it is fixed time, or if it is something else entirely. It doesn't radiate anything. It doesn't reflect anything. It is not interfered with by any time in the universe. It is an independent time flowing only in this room." -Source

"The universe was a closed universe. How many years were reassembled there? Of course, it doesn't make sense to count the time that has passed by in this space. Until known, there will be enemies who have been frozen. Time began to flow again with that information. The isolated universe, which was created solely for the purpose of eradicating the Spirals, are a major element that make up the universe." -Source

Note: I'm neutral on this upgrade.

Last edited:
Actually there should be infinite speed. I was checking Galo De Lion’s stuff, and one of them said something about STTGL being the size of the universe. Not the observable universe, but THE universe. And said something about infinite size and speed and whatnot. Profiles that would get this are STTGL and characters that scale above STTGL. Post-Apotheosis Gurren Lagann, The Anti-Spiral and Post-Apotheosis Simon

Actually there should be infinite speed. I was checking Galo De Lion’s stuff, and one of them said something about STTGL being the size of the universe. Not the observable universe, but THE universe. And said something about infinite size and speed and whatnot. Profiles that would get this are STTGL and characters that scale above STTGL. Post-Apotheosis Gurren Lagann, The Anti-Spiral and Post-Apotheosis Simon
Nah, STTGL is as large, if not bigger than the entire universe is correct, but each universe's size being infinite is questionable, only the Anti-Spiral's universe is infinite as said by Leeron and the novelization as "a closed universe", but it is not a regular universe. If you were talking about the mentioned of "infinite universe" during the Anti-Spiral's explanation about the Spiral Nemesis in the second movie, they were refering to the Universe or the larger universe.

Edit: Typo

Last edited:
Nah, STTGL is as large, if not bigger than the entire universe is correct, but each universe size being infinite is questionable, only the Anti-Spiral's universe is infinite as said by Leeron and the novelization as "a closed universe" but it is not a regular universe. If you were talking about the mentioned of "infinite universe" during the Anti-Spiral's explanation about the Spiral Nemesis, they were refering to the Universe or the larger universe.
“STTGL is bigger than the universe, and the only reference they had to draw were "galaxies." So the "galaxies" in the final battle against STTGL and the Anti-Spiral seem to actually be entire universes. This would make STTGL and the Neo Granzeboma infinite in size and speed, as even their weakest attacks destroy countless universes.
Of note also is that Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is refered to as a "great universe sized mecha" and that its clash with the Anti-Spirals Super Giga Drill transcended space and time (note also great universe, or large universe, can be translated as macrocosmos).” Gurren Lagann cosmology part 3

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/triggerverse-power-feats-and-lore-discussion.1134531/page-7

“STTGL is bigger than the universe, and the only reference they had to draw were "galaxies." So the "galaxies" in the final battle against STTGL and the Anti-Spiral seem to actually be entire universes. This would make STTGL and the Neo Granzeboma infinite in size and speed, as even their weakest attacks destroy countless universes.
Of note also is that Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is refered to as a "great universe sized mecha" and that its clash with the Anti-Spirals Super Giga Drill transcended space and time (note also great universe, or large universe, can be translated as macrocosmos).” Gurren Lagann cosmology part 3

https://www.narutoforums.org/threads/triggerverse-power-feats-and-lore-discussion.1134531/page-7
I know where that quote comes from, it was taken from here, and here.

"A galaxy-like celestial body is placed as a comparison, but according to the "Work Soul", this itself is a representation of a single universe. According to Kazuki Nakashima, the scriptwriter, the surrounding celestial bodies are the universes, and the Super Tengen Toppa is much bigger than the universe. In the discussion video, it is estimated to be about 150 billion light years."

"Gurren Lagann unleashes the Giga Drill Break. The power of the burning Spiral itself transforms into a gigantic Giga Drill and appears. It boasts a power that destroys a large number of universes like a grain of dirt, but because its power is evenly matched by the Anti-Spiral's "Anti-Spiral Giga Drill Break", the aftermath of the collision causes a Big Crunch that destroys not only the Super Spiral Universe, but also all universes created by Anti-Spiral. Immediately after becoming a world of nothingness, the reaction of the destructive energy and the friction between the Spirals and the Anti-Spirals caused the instantaneous creation of the Universe (Big Bang) again (Inflation), and yet the energy never ran out. What appears at the end of the collision of the two superb drills..."

With all due respect to STTGL/Galo de Lion, the guy I respected the most in Spacebattles, I have to disagree with him. It doesn't make sense to have them to be as large as the macrocosm/multiverse if there are still mega-galaxies (universes via japanese wikipedia, but I'm not sure if this is true) surrounds them before they gets collapsed into a singularity of the Big Crunch. I'm not sure if we can use secondary sources, either.

Last edited:
I know where that quote comes from, it was taken from here, and here.

"A galaxy-like celestial body is placed as a comparison, but according to the "Work Soul", this itself is a representation of a single universe. According to Kazuki Nakashima, the scriptwriter, the surrounding celestial bodies are the universes, and the Super Tengen Toppa is much bigger than the universe. In the discussion video, it is estimated to be about 150 billion light years."

"Gurren Lagann unleashes the Giga Drill Break. The power of the burning Spiral itself transforms into a gigantic Giga Drill and appears. It boasts a power that destroys a large number of universes like a grain of dirt, but because its power is evenly matched by the Anti-Spiral's "Anti-Spiral Giga Drill Break", the aftermath of the collision causes a Big Crunch that destroys not only the Super Spiral Universe, but also all universes created by Anti-Spiral. Immediately after becoming a world of nothingness, the reaction of the destructive energy and the friction between the Spirals and the Anti-Spirals caused the instantaneous creation of the Universe (Big Bang) again (Inflation), and yet the energy never ran out. What appears at the end of the collision of the two superb drills..."

With all due respect to STTGL/Galo de Lion, the guy I respected the most in Spacebattles, I have to disagree with him. It doesn't make sense to have them to be as large as the macrocosm/multiverse if there are still mega-galaxies (universes via japanese wikipedia, I'm not sure if this is true) surrounds them before gets collapsed into singularity of the Big Crunch. I'm not sure if we can use secondary source, either.
But how exactly do you draw something that’s infinite in size? I’m pretty sure it may be how they are portrayed to look

But how exactly do you draw something that’s infinite in size? I’m pretty sure it may be how they are portrayed to look
If they are as big as the macrocosm/multiverse then the surrounding galaxies (universes?) won't be portrayed there. I'm sure "Dai uchuu" or "large universe" in the context was refering to a universe as whole (the spacetime continuum) rather than the observable universe. But a universe in TTGL is infinite-sized was never proven.

Last edited:
Oh yeah, about the thing you told me about Post-Multiverse Labyrinth Team Dai-Gurren actually scaling to PML Simon should be added here. So yeah, another AP upgrade for TTGL, it’s about 21 times more powerful than it already was. Nice!👍

Tier Proposals:
Team Dai Gurren Members (Post-Multiverse Labyrinth): High 1-C
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: High 1-C, higher via Infinity Big Bang Storm Absorption
Other Tengen Toppa Gunmen, Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Gurren Lagann (Post-Apotheosis), The Anti-Spiral, Simon the Digger (Post-Apotheosis): At least High 1-C

Last edited:
Oh yeah, about the thing you told me about Post-Multiverse Labyrinth Team Dai-Gurren actually scaling to PML Simon should be added here. So yeah, another AP upgrade for TTGL, it’s about 21 times more powerful than it already was. Nice!👍
Their AP are evolving, like Spiral Power.

So apparently each member of the Team Dai-Gurren after the labyrinth escape are all as powerful as Post-Multiverse Labyrinth Simon, which makes the former chain scaling here is more justifiable, so 21 times stronger than the current we have right now.

Full page(s)
この身体から溢れ出す無限の力。それを形にする。人の形にする。想いが溢れ出す。言葉が心を突き破る。ニアが語る。「因果の輪廻に囚われようと!」mーnが祈る。残した思いが扉を開く!」リーロンが説く。「無限の宇宙が阻もうとー」ヴィラルが吠える。「この血の演りが運命を決める!」シモンが叫ぶ。天も次元も突破して!」全員が摩る。「握んでみせるぜ、己の道を!」宇宙が震憾する。「俺達を誰だと思ってやがるッッ=」|

The infinite power that overflows from this body. Give it form. It takes the form of a person. Thoughts overflow. Words break through the heart. Nia speaks. "Even when trapped in the cycle of cause and effect!" Yoko prays. "The feelings left behind will open the door!" Leeron tells us. "Even if the infinite universe stands in our way," Viral cries. "This bloodletting will decide our fate!" Simon shouts. "Break through the heaven and the dimension!" They all wears. "To grab hold of our own path!" The universe trembles. "Who the hell do you think we are!?".

そこに銀河を越えた巨人が誕生していた。天元突破グレンラガン||||。想いと願いと、後悔と希望と、過去と未来と、自分達のすべてを飲み込んで創り上げたグレンラガンの究極進化系。緑の炎に包まれたその巨人こそ人類、いや螺旋族が得た最大の力だったのだ。

There, a giant that crossed the galaxy was born. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. The ultimate evolution of Gurren Lagann, created by swallowing all of our thoughts, wishes, regrets, hopes, past, and future. That giant, engulfed in green flames, was the greatest power that humanity, or rather the Spiral race, had ever gained.

胸、腹、腕、腿、脚、その異形の身体の要所要所に顔がある。それは大グレン団一人一人が乗っているラガンと対応していた。今や彼ら一人一人がシモンと同じ力を手にしていた。だが、そこにアンチスパイラルの声が響いた。

The face is on the chest, abdomen, arms, thighs, legs, and key points of the deformed body. It corresponded to Lagann on which each Team Dai-Gurren was riding. Now each of them had the same power as Simon. However, the voice of the anti-spiral sounded there...

Give reasons pls?

Also off-topic, but considering the teppelin hammer calc is flawed, should we make a CRT about that? I remember seeing another calc about it that's at 6-C. We should probably calc the moon explosions for post timeskip Gurren Lagann. Probably save this for another CRT I guess.

Last edited:
Give reasons pls?

Also off-topic, but considering the teppelin hammer calc is flawed, should we make a CRT about that? I remember seeing another calc about it that's at 6-C. We should probably calc the moon explosions for post timeskip Gurren Lagann. Probably save this for another CRT I guess.
Damn, Gurren Lagann downgrade😔. On a serious note though, I’d prefer it to be more accurate than wanked obviously

6-C Lordgenome looks like it

On the bright side, MCU Thanos vs Lordgenome would be an awesome match-up

Also I have a question, I dunno if this is true, but in the movie version of the second arc of GL. Didn't Arc Gurren Lagann fight cathedral lazengann?

I've only seen small clips of the move as I can't find anywhere to watch it other than YouTube with only showing sttgl

Also I have a question, I dunno if this is true, but in the movie version of the second arc of GL. Didn't Arc Gurren Lagann fight cathedral lazengann?

I've only seen small clips of the move as I can't find anywhere to watch it other than YouTube with only showing sttgl
Yes, Arc and CL fought for a brief period of time

Wait no, according it the AP chart, 2.97 teratons isn't island level+, but rather small country level!

Huh... Shit, guess we need a shit load of recalcs
Honestly, all we need to recalc are the GL stuff, since every other mecha’s ratings are just being comparable to it. Maybe Arc and Super Galaxy need to be recalced as well. Super Galaxy also needs some more speed calcs rather than just attack speed

O guess we need to look through the calls to be sure. Also it'd be sad if super GALAXY gurren lagann wasn't GALAXY level

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back