• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor-ish Magi Revision (Upgrade): Extreme Magic

We currently accept Extreme Magic as a x10 AP amp because The Medium's Borg was stated to be "several tens of times" stronger/resistant than Aladdin's Borg and Alibaba, with the help of Kouen, was able to crack The Medium's Borg using Extreme Magic.

My issues:

1) Alibaba and Kouen are the only characters in Magi that do said feat, and it doesn't make sense for every other character with Extreme Magic to scale to their feat. Aladdin didn't say "Extreme Magic is the only way to crack The Medium's Borg" all he said was that The Medium's Borg is several tens of times stronger than his own. Characters should only scale if their Extreme Magic is shown or stated to be at the same strength or relative to the feat/those characters.
  • Not all Djinns/Magic are created equal. Just because Kouen and Alibaba were able to crack The Medium's Borg with Extreme Magic does not mean everyone who has Extreme Magic are able to do the same. Some character's Djinns aren't even combat applicable (Like Koumei, or Darius for example).
The only character from my knowledge that should scale to The Medium's Borg is Muu Alexius, who was able to destroy The Medium's Borg without even using Extreme Magic.

EDIT: I was reminded by KT that "several tens of times" is 30x. So that means:

• Alibaba and Kouen combined their magics to crack The Medium's Borg this would upgrade Alibaba's and Kouen's Extreme Magic values to 37.65 Teratons of TNT (Country Level) [So instead of 30x, it's 15x]
  • The Medium's Country Level values (AP and Dura) get upgraded to 75.3 Teratons (Country Level+)
  • Muu Alexius' second key gets upgraded to 75.3 Teratons (Country Level+) for breaking The Medium's Borg and higher with Extreme Magic
  • Sinbad's second key will get 75.3 Teratons (Country Level+) with Bararaq Saiqa for damaging the Medium and higher with Extreme Magic

I plan on completely redoing the Magi verse like really soon since I've finished Sinbad and Magi (PTS), so the scaling for everyone will most likely change, but this is all I'll do for now. I'll redo everyone else's profiles later.

Last edited:
Okay finished editing it.

It's kinda half assed because I'd have to change EVERY profile, which I'm currently not prepared to do at the moment, so these are what I have for now.

Following

Neutral
as we have other djinn users who fought Alibaba EOS, also there are few people who survived Extreme magic, can’t remember much tho but I will try and look through and see if this checks out

Not all Djinns/Magic are created equal. Just because Kouen and Alibaba were able to crack The Medium's Borg with Extreme Magic does not mean everyone who has Extreme Magic are able to do the same. Some character's Djinns aren't even combat applicable (Like Koumei, or Darius for example).
I don't agree with this. Djinns were created to fight dark medium back in Alma torran. They should pretty much be equals

I'm not an expert in Magi, but doesn't the fact that specific Djinn don't have combat abilities directly contradict your point?
Uhhhm a djinn that transfers damage and also a djinn that reflects damage with its barrier is pretty much battle applicable so the OP was wrong on that but it seems like nitpicking that’s why I did not point that out and also that’s not his main argument

Sorry I haven't re-read the Alma Torran or TS arc so I could be incorrect so forgive me on that
I don't agree with this. Djinns were created to fight dark medium back in Alma torran. They should pretty much be equals
Sure but that doesn't really disprove anything.
as we have other djinn users who fought Alibaba EOS
Well I'm referring only to Extreme Magic, not just Base or Djinn Equip Alibaba. If they happened to survive or clash or even overpower his Extreme Magic, then sure, they can scale, but otherwise I don't see why every other Djinn Equip User with Extreme Magic should automatically scale. There's no solid reasoning behind it iirc.
also there are few people who survived Extreme magic
You'd need to find a statement or a showing that Extreme Magics are relative or equal. If someone managed to survive Kougyoku Ren's Extreme Magic for example, that wouldn't give them durability comparable to Alibaba's Extreme Magic AP because there's no connection between Kougyoku and Alibaba's Extreme Magic. That's my main point: only scale those who have statements or actual feats that would get them to Alibaba/Kouen's Extreme Magic AP. Otherwise they just get higher with Extreme Magic.

Like I said earlier I have not re-read Alma Torran or TS arc yet, so if there are examples there, then please let me know, otherwise I'm fairly certain the OP still stands valid.

Okay BUMP

I've officially finished PTS Magi and am starting the Timeskip.

There are 0 contradictions with the OP, from what I've seen so I'd like to see where the opposition's evidence since I couldn't find anything.

BUMP

Also I changed the name to upgrade because I realized it's not really a downgrade - infact it's an upgrade for those who actually scale to the Medium with the 30x boost. The only difference is that those who do have Extreme Magic's ratings are changed from "Country level" to "higher" unless proven otherwise.

The opposition hasn't said anything so I'll get one more staff to get this CRT accepted.

BUMP

Also I changed the name to upgrade because I realized it's not really a downgrade - infact it's an upgrade for those who actually scale to the Medium with the 30x boost. The only difference is that those who do have Extreme Magic's ratings are changed from "Country level" to "higher" unless proven otherwise.

The opposition hasn't said anything so I'll get one more staff to get this CRT accepted.
This is ok, I agree with the changes

Okay neat. I'll add it all together once I finish my Magi revisions (I'm almost done, I swear)

Back