• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Hulk Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resistance to Regenerationn negation seems fine, but the other examples do not seem reliable.

The Vision was not portrayed as being able to heal in this story, and I do not see good examples of reactive evolution, just of growing more powerful.

Antvasima said:
The Vision was not portrayed as being able to heal in this story, and I do not see good examples of reactive evolution, just of growing more powerful.
He already has it on the profile. After becoming angry he became more resistant to the psychic control and Sabra's poisons, which sounds like more justification

As for the healing neg, Hulk was stated to specifically have done damage he couldn't heal from, rather than vision being unable to heal at all.

Well, I suppose that reactive evolution is fine then, but Regenerationn negation is not.

Is there any particular reason other than just "it's not okay?" (This is a serious question btw I am curious)

Because there is no explicit proof for that he can negate Regenerationn, rather than "the writer did not know/care about that the Vision can self-repair at times, as it is not a consistent ability".

Regenerationn negation resistance is probably fine to apply. Reactive evolution as well.

Well, it would just be more evidence for the latter, as they are already there. It's just a matter of more input for the other stuff.

Okay. Should I unlock the page for you to edit then?

Okay. Tell me here when you are done.

Perhaps this would be a good time to add it to the Notable Attacks and techniques, like I mentioned to you previously, since it would be a bad idea to overwhelm the Powers and Ability section with scans?

Reactive Powers: The Hulk's Powers, while often thought of as physical, are actually primarily of a psychological nature. Those mutated by the Gamma Radiation used in the Gamma Bomb have their innermost desires and psychological status manifested as mutations. As such, the Hulk's powers are in actuality malleable. For example, as his rage increases, not only does the Hulk increase in power, but becomes more resilient, shaking off attacks and powers that previously overwhelmed him and surviving things he could not before. However, due to Banner's shattered psyche and psychological trauma, this can also manifest as weaknesses and split forms, giving each mental aspect, subconscious fear, and psychological compulsion some level of tangible repercussions on the Hulk.

Does this work?

No. Sorry. TOBA is a too recent development to retroactively apply it to the Hulk's entire history.

It's just explaining the specific form of the Gamma Radiation Ant. Not anything else. I can remove that part, but it's really unnecessary

I would prefer if we avoid the entire section. It adds too much recent development and personal interpretation into the profile.

If you only add the agreed upon example scans, that is fine.

Okay. Should I close this thread as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back