• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor Goosebumps Film Upgrades (With Goosebumps: The Game and Cosmic Forces included)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to make some Game pages and edit some because I'm a Epic Gamer

Slappy the Dummy

He can get Manuscripts as Standard Equipment because in the game and films he used them enough for it to labelled something he standardly uses.

Lawn Gnomes

The Lawn Gnomes need to be upgraded to 10-A as they kill The Player in the game and 10-A durability because they can survive being kicked by The Player. They need Immortality (Type 7) as they appear as zombies in the second film. They might Possible Teleportation also because they seem to do that in the game.

Slappy the Dummy

He needs Time Hax because just like what was discussed in some threads he was stated by R.L. to have been using a clock to make a night repeat itself multiple times. Slappy's Monster Blood is superior to Chucky's knife. Breaking the Fourth Wall and Absorption.

Dr. Brewer

Credit to Gews

There you go for now and feel free to list some powers I have missed as dark is approaching

Last edited:
They're Gnomes, I really doubt they can zombies or that being turned to one affects them in any way also the TP is based on literally what?
Durability is fine ig

Tf is the revision for Brewer?

All the statements for Slappy are clearly not serious at all or meant to be canon c'mon

They're Gnomes, I really doubt they can zombies or that being turned to one affects them in any way
They got effected by Slappy's crazy magical powers
also the TP is based on literally what?
Possible Teleportation comes from this
Tf is the revision for Brewer?
I was too lazy to copy and paste so yeah
All the statements for Slappy are clearly not serious at all or meant to be canon c'mon
Gews disagrees with you

I’m ok with some of the gnome stuff, I’ll have to look through it again.

Clock scans? MB > Chucky’s knife could have a multitude of means, such as it being more versatile. Doesn’t matter cause we don’t cross verse scale. Not sure about the other stuff. Being one seems like fusionism.

Teleportation is a no go, the person's vision is obscured and cannot adequately locate the gnomes, there's no sign of teleportation there.

Also, you are attempting to upgrade the gnomes based off game stuff when the profile you linked to was the film versions.

First of all;

Is there anything that shows that the player is 10-A? If so please prove it. Along with that, the gnomes kill the player in a group as their death animation heavily implies, so at the absolute best they would be 10-A as a collective, along with that they easily get shattered by regular humans as we see in the movies (like a single swipe from a mop is enough to shatter them), so if the player can't shatter them he is likely very weak. Also the Lawn Gnomes already have Teleportation.

Also they are lawn gnomes, inorganic beings, so I doubt they were actual zombies but rather just have a zombie-based design.

Secondly;

I've been thinking about it, I do understand where you are coming from with Slappy having The Cuckoo Clock of Doom as equipment, but please for the love of God show scans. As for the Twitter stuff, they are clearly joke comments that shouldn't be taken seriously unlike the images like this as they actually showcase information the game (Btw, I was only referring to those images when I said "I am actually happy that you shown this", so don't use me as an excuse for your CRT against Tllmbrg).

Thirdly;

I guess the Brewer part is passable.

Last edited:
Teleportation is a no go, the person's vision is obscured and cannot adequately locate the gnomes, there's no sign of teleportation there.

Also, you are attempting to upgrade the gnomes based off game stuff when the profile you linked to was the film versions.
The games and films are the same now, they’ve been the same for quite a while. I don’t blame you for missing it, the Goosebumps verse isn’t too popular.

My take on this is that the gnomes won’t get type 7, they’re still just clay models.

The Time Manipulation checks out, as it is pretty heavily implied in the games that Slappy uses it, though I don’t have access to scans right now to show this.

For 10-A gnomes as a collective, It’s not entirely unbelievable, considering they kill the player and the player doesn’t get immediately killed by 9-Bs like Murphy and TBFTE, so I can see it. If they don’t already, I can see them having superhuman speed since the player has superhuman speed for moving through the mall in a few seconds and they kept up with them (actually ended up in front of them a lot). Low durability with high attack potency, but that doesn’t make sense with the movies, so I don’t really know.

The twitter things, I really just don’t know if those are considered legit or not. I’ll leave no comment on that part.

actually I now know that the gnomes already have teleportation so ignore the speed part

Last edited:
Clock scans?
The Ending of Night of Scares and a pun at the start of Chapter Four as well how the characters keeping returning to their positions at the end of each chapter.
MB > Chucky’s knife could have a multitude of means, such as it being more versatile. Doesn’t matter cause we don’t cross verse scale. Not sure about the other stuff. Being one seems like fusionism.
Understandable
Is there anything that shows that the player is 10-A? If so please prove it.
The Player appears to be athletic judging by how they traverse large places such as shopping malls, Dead House, secret tunnels, and a neighborhood in only a couple of seconds, they also appear to be going to an s
Along with that, the gnomes kill the player in a group as their death animation heavily implies, so at the absolute best they would be 10-A as a collective
I only see one Gnome attacking with others watching
along with that they easily get shattered by regular humans as we see in the movies (like a single swipe from a mop is enough to shatter them), so if the player can't shatter them he is likely very weak.
It could just be possible the characters in the movie are stronger
As for the Twitter stuff, they are clearly joke comments that shouldn't be taken seriously unlike the images like this as they actually showcase information the game
That information isn't in game. Although they are jokey comments I don't see how they couldn't be used for powers.

The Player appears to be athletic judging by how they traverse large places such as shopping malls, Dead House, secret tunnels, and a neighborhood in only a couple of seconds, they also appear to be going to an s
No, he looks like a regular kid in the images. Also the only thing above a human for him is speed, not his strength or durability.

I only see one Gnome attacking with others watching
In the movie they attack in swarms, so it is logical to assume they are attacking the player in swarms here.

It could just be possible the characters in the movie are stronger
And the likelihood of that is? It makes more sense that they scale below humans since they are tiny lawn ornaments made out of clay.

That information isn't in game. Although they are jokey comments I don't see how they couldn't be used for powers.
No. Those images actually give valuable information to the characters, meanwhile those tweets with Chucky and R.L. Stine are obviously joke tweets that shouldn't be taken seriously.

Eh I mean icant did give some things that should be added and changed so I don’t see the problem, at least here. But yeah, pretty much agree with Gews as well.

Also the only thing above a human for him is speed, not his strength or durability.
(S)he was capable of damaging Lawn Gnomes and as you mentioned before didn't die instantly to 9-B attacks.
In the movie they attack in swarms, so it is logical to assume they are attacking the player in swarms here.
Sorry to tell you but that's not what is shown in game as a just Gnome can be seen attacking The Player.
And the likelihood of that is? It makes more sense that they scale below humans since they are tiny lawn ornaments made out of clay.
Slappy is a wooden dummy and yet he is 9-B
meanwhile those tweets with Chucky and R.L. Stine are obviously joke tweets that shouldn't be taken seriously.
Doesn't mean the powers aren't existent.

(S)he was capable of damaging Lawn Gnomes and as you mentioned before didn't die instantly to 9-B attacks.

Sorry to tell you but that's not what is shown in game as a just Gnome can be seen attacking The Player.

I said that first part, not my brother.

When did I say that in an actual thread? Plus not instantly dying to 9-B attacks isn't 9-B since IRL humans can do that.

We see multiple of them. They kill in groups and they can only kill in groups since they are physically 10-C in the movies and have been shown to work in groups.

The difference is that he actually has shown feats above human capabilities and scales to other monsters that are 9-B. Meanwhile the Lawn Gnomes don't. If they really did scale then Stine and the rest of the cast would have been torn to shreds by a single lawn gnome.

They aren't serious sources of information to begin with so he wouldn't have those abilities.

Last edited:
We see multiple of them. They kill in groups and they can only kill in groups since they are physically 10-C in the movies.
Again they were only in the background with not enough to suggest that they were attacking.
Plus not instantly dying to 9-B attacks isn't 9-B since IRL humans can do that.
(S)he is capable of withstanding multiple attacks from Officer Murphy without dying as seen in the beating feat listed on the profile.
The difference is that he actually has shown feats above human capabilities and scales to other monsters that are 9-B. Meanwhile the Lawn Gnomes don't.
The Lawn Gnomes can oneshot The Player who is a human.
They aren't serious sources of information to begin with so he wouldn't have those abilities.
I guess it's time to downgrade the likes of Jotaro Kujo and the Spongebob verse then as some of their powers originate from comedic moments

Again they were only in the background with not enough to suggest that they were attacking.
Why are you still insisting on that point? I genuinely don't see why you are still arguing this because it has already been established that they attack in swarms.

(S)he is capable of withstanding multiple attacks from Officer Murphy without dying as seen in the beating feat listed on the profile.
The player still ultimately dies to Officer Murphy and Officer Murphy overpowers the player easily, so the player wouldn't scale. Again real life humans can survive attacks that are 9-C or 9-B.

The Lawn Gnomes can oneshot The Player who is a human.
Again it is still logical to assume they killed the player with sheer numbers as they have shown to fight in swarms in character, even the profile itself says that.

I guess it's time to downgrade the likes of Jotaro Kujo and the Spongebob verse then as some of their powers originate from comedic moments
The difference is that those are more then likely not from Twitter messages, so that comparison doesn't check out.

Why are you still insisting on that point? I genuinely don't see why you are still arguing this because it has already been established that they attack in swarms.
Not completely because of the second movie and how only one is seen doing the attack in game. I'm getting tired of having to repeat myself.
The player still ultimately dies to Officer Murphy and Officer Murphy overpowers the player easily, so the player wouldn't scale. Again real life humans can survive attacks that are 9-C or 9-B.
Good point however 9-Bs can still die to other 9-Bs that are more 9-B than the other one.
Again it is still logical to assume they killed the player with sheer numbers as they have shown to fight in swarms in character, even the profile itself says that.
Here is the feat: A Gnome attacks The Player and one-shots that kid
The difference is that those are more then likely not from Twitter messages, so that comparison doesn't check out.
You said it was invalid because it was too comedic not that it was a Twitter message

Last edited:
Not completely because of the second movie and how only is seen doing the attacking. I'm getting tired of having to repeat myself.
Since when did they attack in that movie?

Good point however 9-Bs can still die to other 9-Bs that are more 9-B than the other one.
And the player isn't 9-B so that point is invalid.

Here is the feat: A Gnome attacks The Player and one-shots that kid
Same point that I have been repeating this entire time. They attack in swarms. Along with that we don't exactly know HOW they kill the player, all we get is a jumpscare and a vague message that the player walked into a dead end.

You said it was invalid because it was too comedic not that it was a Twitter message
No I said that they shouldn't be taken seriously because they are obviously joke Twitter messages. Don't twist my words.

The fact that they attack In swarms or at bare minimum pairs is consistent with other incarnations of the gnomes, like in the book where the main characters get attacked by an army of them (about 600 of them according to the protagonist) or in Home Bass where a swarm of them is used to block the player, or even in the tv show where a group of lawn gnomes are chasing down the main characters. So we can easily assumed that they attacked the player here.

Since when did they attack in that movie?
When they attacked Stine on the streets
And the player isn't 9-B so that point is invalid.
I was saying 9-B durability was possible
Same point that I have been repeating this entire time. They attack in swarms. Along with that we don't exactly know HOW they kill the player, all we get is a jumpscare and a vague message that the player walked into a dead end.
Prove there is more than one Lawn Gnome dealing the damage without using information that is contradicted
The fact that they attack In swarms or at bare minimum pairs is consistent with other incarnations of the gnomes, like in the book where the main characters get attacked by an army of them (about 600 of them according to the protagonist) or in Home Bass where a swarm of them is used to block the player, or even in the tv show where a group of lawn gnomes are chasing down the main characters. So we can easily assumed that they attacked the player here.
Sorry but we aren't cross-scaling today

When they attacked Stine on the streets
In a pair, which just further proves my point that they regularly attack in swarms or at bare minimum pairs.

I was saying 9-B durability was possible
And it just isn’t here.

Prove there is more than one Lawn Gnome dealing the damage without using information that is contradicted
What do you mean by “contradicted”? Your argument that just a single lawn gnome attacking the player contradicts that the attack in swarms which as I said above is a very consistent trend for them and other versions of them.

That isn’t cross-scaling. I am using that to prove my point which you have constantly failed to disprove. They attack in numbers and they have shown that trait across most if not all versions of them.

Also funny to hear you say that I am cross-scaling while one of your original additions on this thread (that Slappy's Monster Blood scales above Chucky's knife) is cross-scaling.

In a pair, which just further proves my point that they regularly attack in swarms or at bare minimum pairs.
Swarms=/=Pairs
That isn’t cross-scaling. I am using that to prove my point which you have constantly failed to disprove. They attack in numbers and they have shown that trait across most if not all versions of them.
Sorry but we aren't focusing on all versions as we are focusing on the films and a game so studying characters in that method isn't going to work by wiki standards
Also funny to hear you say that I am cross-scaling while one of your original additions on this thread (that Slappy's Monster Blood scales above Chucky's knife) is cross-scaling.
Monster Blood is above 9-C confirmed

Not very knowledgeable on the Goosebumps verse (I was always too scared to read/watch it as a kid, lol), but I must say that it does, in fact look like the Gnomes are attacking in Swarms from the Animation and evidence provided. I can also agree that the scan doesn’t seem to prove Teleportation, and I doubt the whole ‘Monster Blood‘ thing is actually serious.

Swarms=/=Pairs
Regardless they attack in numbers, which is ultimately the main point here.

Sorry but we aren't focusing on all versions as we are focusing on the films and a game so studying characters in that method isn't going to work by wiki standards

Monster Blood is above 9-C confirmed
These two points essentially contradict each other, not saying to ”cross-scale“ but then go on to say that Monster Blood is 9-C through cross-scaling.

Last edited:
in fact look like the Gnomes are attacking in Swarms from the Animation and evidence provided
Explain how the animation proves it in a way that I have not debunked already
Regardless they attack in numbers, which is ultimately the main point here.
1>2>600
These two points essentially contradict each other, not saying to ”cross-scale“ but then go on to say that Monster Blood is 9-C through cross-scaling.
Knifes are normally 9-C and Monster Blood is better than said knife

Explain how the animation proves it in a way that I have not debunked already
Remember the Teleportation scan you provided? During the Gnome attack animation, several eyes clearly begin to pop up in rapid numbers behind it, indicating there’s clearly more than one. If there’s more than one Gnome, they’re likely all attacking you- why would they just sit there as a single, smaller-than-a-human Gnome attacks some teenager? I think the burden of proof’s actually on you, to prove they aren’t also attacking.

During the Gnome attack animation, several eyes clearly begin to pop up in rapid numbers behind it, indicating there’s clearly more than one. If there’s more than one Gnome, they’re likely all attacking you- why would they just sit there as a single, smaller-than-a-human Gnome attacks some teenager?
What reason would they have to attack when their friend is already stomping said teenager?

Who said they’re Stomping? All we see is a Gnome attacking as several more gnomes are visibly behind it. You said in the OP that The Player can actually damage singular Gnomes- if anything, The Player probably has an advantage over a singular Gnome via Size and Range, giving them further reason to gang up on him.

You said in the OP that The Player can actually damage singular Gnomes
Said Gnome wasn't excepting it and doesn't seem to take any massive or even medium amount of damage
It isn’t like they would care, they are very well malevolent and take glee in causing harm so that is a very poor excuse for why they wouldn’t be attacking him.
There are many more people they could attack according to the description of the game, also it could be that their friend killed The Player too fast as the gnomes were a good enough distance way to not be able to reach The Player instantly while the attacking gnome is inches away

Said Gnome wasn't excepting it and doesn't seem to take any massive or even medium amount of damage
Scans? Or are you just making this up because you just realized that you are screwed?

There are many more people they could attack according to the description of the game, also it could be that their friend killed The Player too fast as the gnomes were a good enough distance way to not be able to reach The Player instantly while the attacking gnome is inches away
Yeah, no, obvious bs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back