• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Do we really grant it in these instances? Ryo sensed Mob's massive psychic power just before that so I feel that this is just him being sensibly afraid of a very powerful esper looking like he's out for the former's blood.

Do we really grant it in these instances? Ryo sensed Mob's massive psychic power just before that so I feel that this is just him being sensibly afraid of a very powerful esper looking like he's out for the former's blood.
No, when Ryo felt Mob's immense power, he wanted to fight Mob instead.

Ryo is scared, for angering Mob with the goals of the Claws.

No, when Ryo felt Mob's immense power, he wanted to fight Mob instead.

Ryo is scared, for angering Mob with the goals of the Claws.
He could have just reevaluated the situation and realised that in his state, fighting Mob isn't the best idea.

Never mind how there's no other precedent for Mob being really angry inducing this sort of fear that I'm aware off. Caution and concern sure but not really this.

He could have just reevaluated the situation and realised that in his state, fighting Mob isn't the best idea.
Slightly agreeing, Ryo gave up after being defeated by Reigen, and also felt the Mob's power of a different scale.

So, is this acceptable or not?

Really tempted to make a staff discussion regarding fear inducement. It's fine with our current standards ig

I'm fairly sure that we still need some indication of a specific action causing an abnormal reaction of fear.

Like, this is just a really powerful esper getting pissed and Ryo not wanting smoke with him.

I agree that the fear inducement can be somewhat unclear at times. Here, I’m not positive it should be an ability that Mob inherently has and if it’s just the fear of fighting someone so strong.

Back