• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minimum/Maximum tier your favorite verse can go without ******* up the story?

Title. I'll start with my favorite verses (or at least, verses I know)

Neon Genesis Evangelion: For anything but the god tiers, it can't go lower- otherwise the military would have already blown up the Angels. It can't go any higher because then the world would be destroyed. For the god tiers, High 6-A at minimum, Low 2-C at max

Hunter X Hunter: Minimum: 8-A. Maximum: High 7-A. Going above or below that causes too many plotholes (If Meruem was Tier 5 he would have blown up everything)

Dragon Ball: Minimum: 3-A because of BOG's universe destruction, and you can go without showing higher feats. Maximum:

Low 1-C

because of the hypertimeline bs (if it was confirmed), besides toriyama doesn't portray 3-A fights accurately therefore the Low 1-C fights should be fine.

Digimon: For most Champion and Ultimate digimon, their minimum would still have to be beyond the reach of most militaries- otherwise people can nuke them. At maximum, 4-A Ultimates and 3-C Megas with 1-A god tiers. (3-A minimum) because it doesn't really make a difference whether the top tiers of digimon are 1-C or 2-A or 1-A. Or just tier 0

Megami Tensei: Minimum: 2-A god tiers and 7-A mid tiers and 9-B everyone else. This is because MT's onscreen feats aren't that impressive, and it wouldn't really affect the respective plots to have people for the majority of the games Wall level. Maximum: Mathiverse level Boundless at the lowest layer of the cosmology, and at the highest layer make Boundless Wank Rimuru look like trash.

Why, you may ask?

Because after a certain point, SMT being 2-A or 1-C or 1-A doesn't really matter in terms of plot, just like Digimon. Ergo, Boundless SMT

Well.... In Pokemon:

Generation 1: There isn't any need to go past Large Mountain Level+, AKA, where Pokemon like Dragonite & Venusaur sit. Though, if you look at a speedrun, the power balance is skewed very quickly; They catch a Nidoran Male, evolve it into Nidorino midway through Mount Moon (A High 7-C when most are 8-A or worse.)... & then immediately evolve it into Nidoking, a High 7-A before they even reach Misty, the 2nd Gym Leader.

So Kanto gets steamrolled for a lot of it.

On the other end of the spectrum, it's not completely impossible to beat Kanto with say, a Magikarp.
(....Except in R/B/Y, where Struggle is Normal-type. Similarly, Weedle would be agony even with items, due to Gastly, Gengar & Haunter (Mandatory Channeler battles & Elite Four Agatha) being quadruple resistant to Poison Sting, which is a pitiful 15 base power in this game.)

Still, if we jump forward a few generations, it's very possible for trainers to run through, say, Sword/Shield with a Melmetal. An "At least 3-C, likely High 3-A" Tiered Pokemon.
But, I doubt the junior trainers or "Mr. Undefeated Champion" Leon will think any differently of you if you do.

Outside of gameplay, though.... Well, Generation 4 does feature The Creation Trio in its story, but the trainer only needs to subdue (For example: Catch.) the Legendary, not necessarily defeat it. & it's stated that catching it (At least, with a Master Ball, IIRC.) limits their power.

Similarly, in Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, Cyrus will battle you with a member of the Creation Trio on his team, so if we went by our tiers, the bare minimum to have the story go as it does despite battling a CT member is "2-B, likely 2-A". (Though it could be lower.)

CT & some very powerful Legendaries aside, most Pokemon games are beatable with very low Tier Pokemon.
After all, only accounting for tier, there isn't much stopping a trainer raising a hardly-even-knee-high Baby Pokemon like Cleffa to go up against the 5.8 meter Pokemon Death God Yveltal & Doubleslap it into unconsciousness; Pokemon can become MUCH stronger with proper training.

That answer anything like what you had in mind?

Last edited:
yes
So basically, what are the lowest or highest the important characters/forces in the story can go without screwing things up?
i was more so meaning the actual tiers of the characters- i once thought that you could remove the multiverse stuff from pokemon and keep it planetary at most and the story would have no change

yes

i was more so meaning the actual tiers of the characters- i once thought that you could remove the multiverse stuff from pokemon and keep it planetary at most and the story would have no change
Yeah, AFAIK, the cosmic stuff isn't THAT important to the events that happen in the present of the story.
Ultra Necrozma gave light to a universe, but US/UM take place well after that finished. Dialga/Palkia do almost destabilize time/space, but things are stopped before there's any real damage, & Giratina's main role is to just stop Cyrus by abducting him into The Distortion World & then challenging the player character.

Eternamax Eternatus is a very high tier, & a big threat, but its Power Nullification makes your team mostly irrelevant in gameplay, & Zacian & Zamazenta show up specifically to fight it off.

Gen 5 & 6's Legendaries choose to challenge the player character & be caught or defeated by them. Gen 3's are stopped by Rayquaza, though, the meteorite WOULD be a problem if Rayquaza wasn't high tier enough. But hey, that's what the Link Cable is for, right?

Though there would be problems if the Gym Leader's Pokemon weren't high enough to help with the fight against Ghetsis when the castle emerges.

& for Generations 1 & 2, the Legendaries aren't relevant to the "main" plot. (Except in Crystal, & there, IIRC, it's Eusine chasing Suicune across a region until Suicune chooses the player character instead.)

I guess you could say a lot of Pokemon games require matching the tiers of the mandatory Legendary encounters, but often, you don't need more than 1 turn to catch them. Or sometimes even just run away, lol.

Last edited:
Digimon: For most Champion and Ultimate digimon, their minimum would still have to be beyond the reach of most militaries- otherwise people can nuke them. At maximum, 4-A Ultimates and 3-C Megas with 1-A god tiers. (3-A minimum) because it doesn't really make a difference whether the top tiers of digimon are 1-C or 2-A or 1-A. Or just tier 0
The 4A feat is invalid as it has 0 proofs, the 3C feat was clear hax

Megas can be considered low 1C or 1A or whatever level the destruction of the DW is, btw

LWA, I think can go up to Multi-Solar System or Galaxy level. Something could happen like the Shiny Rod reaching it’s maximum potential or someone fully absorbing Yggdrasil. There was a tidbit about the Shiny Rod making the Milky Way Galaxy but I’m not sure how much of that is true. Akko is already circumstantially 4-A so I don’t see why not.

One Piece could probably go up to like Multi Continental for top tiers, and the story would still make sense I think.

Whitebeard was already stated that he could destroy the world, him being Multi Continental would add a bit more validity to that claim.

I sorta already feel like Baki has passed the power-creep limit lol. I still love it, but sometimes I feel like the 8-A feats sorta broke the limit on what most would imagine as acceptable for a martial arts manga lol.

The 4A feat is invalid as it has 0 proofs, the 3C feat was clear hax

Megas can be considered low 1C or 1A or whatever level the destruction of the DW is, btw
If it would keep the story intact, fine with me

Bleach
Minimum: Level Country for Top Tier, and Planetary for God Tier

Maximum: 2-C to 1-C for God Tier, 5-C to 3-B for Top Tier and High Tier.

The Diamonds (Steven Universe) being 4-B wouldn't **** up anything since they are literally the God Tiers of the verse

Power is a secondary aspect, a regular watcher wouldn't even realize they're beyond tier 2 tbh
i used to think goku could solo digimon
I sorta already feel like Baki has passed the power-creep limit lol. I still love it, but sometimes I feel like the 8-A feats sorta broke the limit on what most would imagine as acceptable for a martial arts manga lol.
eh idk baki's style is that of extremes

Instant Death:
Minimum: 2-B
Maximum: 1-A

Shield Hero (Web Novel):

Minimum: Low 2-C
Maximum: At least 2-A

Shield Hero (Light Novel):

Minimum: Low 7-B
Maximum: 6-B (As of right now, this is likely to change soon though)

Tsukimichi:

Minimum: 7-C
Maximum: Low 2-C

Ehhh, I think a maximum would be 2-B for this one. Maybe 2-C.
For Tsukimichi?

I mean, I'm basing these on what we know of the story so far. There's a multiverse, so of course it's possible for them to reach into 2-C or 2-B; but Makoto, the goddess, Athena, and other gods/people at that level have always been implied to be universe busters max. Never going beyond that, or even being implied they could be anywhere near that strong (2-B).

Just because there's a multiverse, doesn't mean it's feasible for them to be multiverse busters.

Otherwise verses like KHR would also cap at 2-B to 2-A. And I would've said 2-A SH light novel.

Adventure time is usually explicit about it's power levels, except for the low tiers, u can change them to human level and no one would notice, for the top tiers u can highball to low 1C

Gurren lagann
Minimum : 2A
Maximum : high 1C

Fire force
Minimum is dwarf star
Maximum is tier 0 if ohkubo goes in depth with the collective unconscious stuff

One punch man:
Minimum: 10-C (As long as it's comedic, there's nothing against lower dimensional characters existing, heck, maybe all characters in the series are really 10-c and Saitama is so powerful because he is peak human in a world of fake characters.)

Maximum: Tier 0 for Saitama himself if the plot called for it, or he is a god's essence in a mortal shell. The verse's maximum without messing up the story (for the average important character) would be planet level, maybe star level because of how in universe threats are classfied (With god level threats being a threat to the world, ie high multi continental to planetary AP.) this would make solar system and up villains/heroes somewhat redundant, but I can see Saitama and whoever the final villain is being 2-C or something.

Naruto
Minimum: 5-C The entire way of sealing Kaguya and plot of the last just falls apart without 5-C
Maximum: 2-C with each of Kaguyas dimensions being a universe and Kaguya being capable of destroying them all

Back