• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Gil has to actively activate them, but like his armor they should be coming out early, not to mention that gil has like a countless supply of free blocks in GoB.
Even if an FTG kunai doesn't get all the way to him, it could take Minato close enough he can decapitate.

You know I really don't know why so many people say Ay is comparable to Minato. The way Ay talks about him is like the way a follower talks about their god. It certainly implies more than a small difference. And Minato's being considered the fastest shinobi ever by everyone and their mother (which would include the founders) makes it seem like an even larger gap.

Any character that'd be a good match for Alive (7-A, higher with Sage Mode) Minato?
Equal speed gojo or Kenjaku from jjk might be interesting.

Gil can hit conceptually non-existent entities, he should have no issue with Obito. Hell, Gilgamesh even has items specifically made to counter dimensional shit

(Artoria first fight with Gil)

(Not this gilgamesh, but same skill level.)

Oh I didn't realize Gil was a villain. But that's irrelevant. Anyways, that video if anything actually makes me think it more likely for Minato to win. Gil spent a lot of time dawdling and not really doing anything which is just asking to be killed against Minato. Assuming Gil lets Minato get close like he did against Artoria, Minato would first find his close range attack blocked by those weapons, then since he's up close, he'll probably subtly toss a kunai in Gil's direction and dash backwards, then when Gil sees it and is about to shoot it away, Minato pops there next to him which Gil probably does not expect since Minato intentionally didn't show he had teleportation prior, then a rasengan or kunai.
A kunai wouldn't hurt gil due to servant invulnerability so decapitation wouldn't even work lol
I did some quick searching on that and it seems like it's not invulnerability to ALL physical damage, it's just that it takes way more power than most normal humans have. And a rasengan would work either way since that has spiritual energy imbued in it in chakra.

Oh I didn't realize Gil was a villain. But that's irrelevant. Anyways, that video if anything actually makes me think it more likely for Minato to win. Gil spent a lot of time dawdling and not really doing anything which is just asking to be killed against Minato. Assuming Gil lets Minato get close like he did against Artoria, Minato would first find his close range attack blocked by those weapons, then since he's up close, he'll probably subtly toss a kunai in Gil's direction and dash backwards, then when Gil sees it and is about to shoot it away, Minato pops there next to him which Gil probably does not expect since Minato intentionally didn't show he had teleportation prior, then a rasengan or kunai.

I did some quick searching on that and it seems like it's not invulnerability to ALL physical damage, it's just that it takes way more power than most normal humans have. And a rasengan would work either way since that has spiritual energy imbued in it in chakra.
Gilgamesh jobbered against Artoria because he knew that she practically couldn't beat him. that wouldn't happen with someone who is far more skilled then him, and the FGO fight showed that Gil can pretty easily dodge and parry people with comparable speed to him, even if he shouldn't be able to see the person attacking him.

by the way Lancer there is faster then Gil

Yeah, a Rasengan and Chakra stuff would work before Gil brings out his armor which would lolno anything chakra-related on gil due to OP magic resist

if we assume that he doesnt have a master then that magic resist is trash-tier without his armor, if we do assume that Gil has a master then fair point

Gilgamesh jobbered against Artoria because he knew that she practically couldn't beat him. that wouldn't happen with someone who is far more skilled then him, and the FGO fight showed that Gil can pretty easily dodge and parry people with comparable speed to him, even if he shouldn't be able to see the person attacking him.

by the way Lancer there is faster then Gil

Yeah, a Rasengan and Chakra stuff would work before Gil brings out his armor which would lolno anything chakra-related on gil due to OP magic resist

Wait what attack there could Gil not see?

How exactly does servant invulnerability work? Because my research made it unclear as to whether it applies to all physical attacks or just at a certain strength level. Because Gil would be literally invincible after bringing out his armor if both physical attacks and ninjutsu don't work on him.

Alright I just thought of something ridiculous but it might actually work. Is it possible for Minato to use a contract seal to make Gil unable to summon the GoB anymore? Like how he did with Obito and Kurama?
if we assume that he doesnt have a master then that magic resist is trash-tier without his armor, if we do assume that Gil has a master then fair point
probably best to assume not

Wait what attack there could Gil not see?
did you not look at the Mash and Ana vs Gil video?

Mash literally attacked when Gil was looking at Ana and got blocked.
Alright I just thought of something ridiculous but it might actually work. Is it possible for Minato to use a contract seal to make Gil unable to summon the GoB anymore? Like how he did with Obito and Kurama?
If its called Chakra it wouldn't work.
probably best to assume not
Why because it would tilt the tables in Minato's favour? from looking at the Artoria profile it seems we kind of just assume that servants have a master.

did you not look at the Mash and Ana vs Gil video?

Mash literally attacked when Gil was looking at Ana and got blocked.

If its called Chakra it wouldn't work.

Why because it would tilt the tables in Minato's favour? from looking at the Artoria profile it seems we kind of just assume that servants have a master.
he was always aware of where she was though. It's like how sharingan users can track high movement speed and fancy movements well, but Tobirama could use FTG slice on Izuna because you can't track teleportation.

If he did it before the armor

Because if he starts the battle with physical and chakra immunity Minato has no wincon.

Was Sha Naqba Imuru being restricted in this match? I know Archer-Gil restrict this skill himself to make a fight not boring but in this match specially is this skill being restricted?

Gil being an insufferably arrogant twat is what restricts it.
Ayee that arrogant twat that makes him more charming imo i hate how they always reduce his arrogance by creating version of him that tamed, i’m fine with Extra Gil but Caster always feels like fake Gil in my eyes

I'm pretty sure Servant Immunity goes Brrrrr here. Gilgamesh's ridiculous level of Magic Resistance doesn't help either.

I don't see how servant immunity is an issue given that Minato isn't an ordinary human fighting a Servant. He's an Edo Tensei. Verse equalized, he's definitely a magical construct. Or something like... Heh. Funny, you can think of Edo Tensei Ninja as Servants. Heroes from the past summoned back to life to fight. And with I think a limitless chakra supply. Assuming Gil is still consuming Mana to use his attacks, he's gonna run out long before Minato does, if he does at all. So I wouldn't say it's a stomp.

Gilgamesh has a ridiculous supply of mana even without a master. He would sooner blast a bitch with Ea then run out of mana.

I think isn't needed to verse equalize in the sense that in fate the things aren't just magic but supernatural in general, and I'm pretty sure jutsus should be something supernatural, trying to equalize the level of jutsus to fate I would say it's the important part.

I think isn't needed to verse equalize in the sense that in fate the things aren't just magic but supernatural in general, and I'm pretty sure jutsus should be something supernatural, trying to equalize the level of jutsus to fate I would say it's the important part.
but Gil has ridiculous magic resistance too
Also, personally I can see Minato having win chances if he can succeed in kill casual Gil quickly enough, it's just that I don't see it happen most of the times.
The way I see it is that if his kunai can harm Gil he wins due to Gil's attitude, if servant imunity is all physical attacks it's a stomp.

The way I see it is that if his kunai can harm Gil he wins due to Gil's attitude, if servant imunity is all physical attacks it's a stomp.
Actually we have seen when gil is in-character and wants someone dead, and he doesn't jobber as much at all if he is randomly attacked, as he considers it an insult.

He can harm a servant and can close the gap, now if that's enough to win the battle depend of the perspective of everyone, one can think that's enough to kill Gil before GOB throw something or Gil act himself, or one can think that this isn't enough and Gil would react (could be with GOB, himself or whatever). This is what I mean when saying that I can see Minato having win chances, but see more probably that Gil win.

It means Minato has less time to actually gut gil
oh that's fine since it'll be the very start or not at all.
As far I remember if is pure energy then it can damage even with MR and with his level I think he don't negate the magic (mystery) in his arounds so Minato could teleport close enough.
In that case even if a kunai doesn't work he could use a bijuudama or kyubi avatar rasengan and FTG combo.
He can harm a servant and can close the gap, now if that's enough to win the battle depend of the perspective of everyone, one can think that's enough to kill Gil before GOB throw something or Gil act himself, or one can think that this isn't enough and Gil would react (could be with GOB, himself or whatever). This is what I mean when saying that I can see Minato having win chances, but see more probably that Gil win.
Fair enough

I believe Gil won this fight, unless there's a reason it can't be added- Grace is over and it's 7 to 2 in Gilgamesh's favor

I believe Gil won this fight, unless there's a reason it can't be added- Grace is over and it's 7 to 2 in Gilgamesh's favor
how Minato could counter his servant immunity and magic resistance hasn't been settled. One person gave their thoughts on how it would work but I'm not sure if it's true.

Gil's Magic Res on its own is pretty low. E at worst, C at best. His armor pushes that up to A+(IIRC). Servants can't be harmed by anything lacking mystery or certain age. But as FGO showed us that they can be harmed my other supernatural things, ghosts, zombies, and ghouls. Edo Minato has no reason to not be able to harm Gil normally. Coupled with the fact he's got the Nine Tales, which by Fate standards would be a Phantasmal Beast. Even then, The Nine Tails definitely has age and mystery behind it. Or at least that's how I see it.

Back