• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Minato probably out-skills Gil either way. If Shirou could do it, and he's was half baked at best, a Hokage like Minato would style all over Gil's level of skill

Minato probably out-skills Gil either way. If Shirou could do it, and he's was half baked at best, a Hokage like Minato would style all over Gil's level of skill
Especially since he's arguably the most skilled Hokage. His fighting style is so refined and subtle most of the time. Btw I'm guessing he can't use Enuma Elish?

If Minato tries to attack in close combat, will he respond, giving Minato a chance to mark Gilgamesh?
if Gilgamesh is feeling like it he will pull a sword from GoB and meet him, otherwise GoB spam up-close, Enkidu, and a space-cutting axe are hall marks of Gil up close
Especially since he's arguably the most skilled Hokage. His fighting style is so refined and subtle most of the time. Btw I'm guessing he can't use Enuma Elish?
EA doesn't come out unless Gil feels like he actually needs it in this key
Gilgamesh was massively nerfed in UBW, also Gilgamesh was only a bit under Artoria in skill in the fate route when he was actually not nerfed so he is pretty damn good in the skill department.

Gil wouldn't use EA unless he was really really really feeling the pressure, and even then, he might still hesitate because of his pride. He'd hate to have to pull something that strong out for someone he'd consider below him. Though I'm sure he has enough weapons in the gate that could mess with Minato in any number of ways that he wouldn't really need EA

if Gilgamesh is feeling like it he will pull a sword from GoB and meet him, otherwise GoB spam up-close, Enkidu, and a space-cutting axe are hall marks of Gil up close

EA doesn't come out unless Gil feels like he actually needs it in this key

Gilgamesh was massively nerfed in UBW, also Gilgamesh was only a bit under Artoria in skill in the fate route when he was actually not nerfed so he is pretty damn good in the skill department.
I kinda feel like Minato with his great agility could avoid that stuff despite the speed equalization, and in the chaos plant a marker somewhere like on his foot or something. Then an FTG+Rasengan or FTG+kunai gg will be coming his way.

Well considering it's 5-B in its strongest state it'd probably be good to restrict that at least.

Minato was massively nerfed in the war from being dazed but he still had one of the best skill performances.

Gil wouldn't use EA unless he was really really really feeling the pressure, and even then, he might still hesitate because of his pride. He'd hate to have to pull something that strong out for someone he'd consider below him. Though I'm sure he has enough weapons in the gate that could mess with Minato in any number of ways that he wouldn't really need EA
Everything here is very true

I kinda feel like Minato with his great agility could avoid that stuff despite the speed equalization, and in the chaos plant a marker somewhere like on his foot or something. Then an FTG+Rasengan or FTG+kunai gg will be coming his way.

Well considering it's 5-B in its strongest state it'd probably be good to restrict that at least.

Minato was massively nerfed in the war from being dazed but he still had one of the best skill performances.
Gil can output enough weapons to stop a solid beam of energy, and even a casual gil sends out hundreds of weapons at a time

It's really not needed, and it negs durability regardless

I never said Minato didn't have the skill advantage

Can't Gil just use his Precog here. it shows him the optimal move to make in any situation and if he wishes to he can also see all possibile futures

SNI is pretty much restricted be default by Gil, its he looks at you and he just knows but the precog aspect is when Gilgamesh is literally artificially bloodlusted, its an arrogance thing.

Gil can output enough weapons to stop a solid beam of energy, and even a casual gil sends out hundreds of weapons at a time

It's really not needed, and it negs durability regardless

I never said Minato didn't have the skill advantage
well that's an oof. Not sure if he can avoid all that. He may have to flee to an FTG kunai.

k

oh I thought u implied it
Can't Gil just use his Precog here. it shows him the optimal move to make in any situation and if he wishes to he can also see all possibile futures
discount Ywach!?

well that's an oof. Not sure if he can avoid all that. He may have to flee to an FTG kunai.
If gil brings his armor out there goes any jutsus or chakra anything effecting him
damn that's probably just a little above Minato's paygrade
Gil isn't about to do it unless he is bloodlusted, he will know shit about Minato by looking at him, such as how skilled he is, but he won't know the entire list of haxes and abilities Minato has, if he would know anything at all there

If gil brings his armor out there goes any jutsus or chakra anything effecting him

Gil isn't about to do it unless he is bloodlusted, he will know shit about Minato by looking at him, such as how skilled he is, but he won't know the entire list of haxes and abilities Minato has, if he would know anything at all there
what about slashes? Also I just thought back and maybe Minato could dodge all projectiles. He's certainly more agile than Sakura and Chiyo who dodged all those blades raining at them.
Naruto Chapter 265 Page 14
Naruto Chapter 265 Page 15

that's good

what about slashes? Also I just thought back and maybe Minato could dodge all projectiles. He's certainly more agile than Sakura and Chiyo who dodged all those blades raining at them.
dodging hundreds of projectiles is only going to make Gilgamesh ramp it up more, Minato has to kill Gilgamesh before the ladder starts making solid domes and literal oceans of weapons

dodging hundreds of projectiles is only going to make Gilgamesh ramp it up more, Minato has to kill Gilgamesh before the ladder starts making solid domes and literal oceans of weapons
If it becomes too overwhelming, he'll likely raise his Avatar and charge at Gilgamesh with a giant rasengan or something. Or maybe he'll dodge and weave through the projectiles, getting closer to him with each move.

minato gets one chance to one shot casual gil with flying rajin if he doesn't its gg

If it becomes too overwhelming, he'll likely raise his Avatar and charge at Gilgamesh with a giant rasengan or something. Or maybe he'll dodge and weave through the projectiles, getting closer to him with each move.
Serious Gil has a nasty tendency to EA so there goes that plan
minato gets one chance to one shot casual gil with flying rajin if he doesn't its gg
probably true

its an attack that cuts space and time, along with being 5-B if Gilgamesh wants it to be. it will one-shot the happy holidays out of the avatar
Yeah...in which case, when it's destroyed, Minato can hop out ahead and attack him.

Also does Gilgamesh have a way to counteract edo tensei? I just realized I didn't take that into consideration.

so... either Gil wipes Minato off the face of the earth before Edo Tensei comes out or Edo Tensi comes out and Gil loses if his regen neg weapons don't neg Low-Godly/Minato kills Gil before he gets serious

i havne't read the entire thread but imo

Gilgamesh has to kill him fast before Minato outsmarts him. not saying gil is dumb but that ego gets in the way..

If the battle drags on too long Gilgamesh will start to get annoyed and use more and more fire power.

Edit: Minato could skillfully use a well placed teleportation Kunai to get behind or close the distance to Gilgamesh. That would be the best chance he has. from memory

Gilgamesh has to kill him fast before Minato outsmarts him. not saying gil is dumb but that ego gets in the way..

If the battle drags on too long Gilgamesh will start to get annoyed and use more and more fire power.
Minato seems to try and end fights quickly

edo tensei is the state he starts in, but yeah minato style is he ends fights quick with speed amp/teleportation + rasengan, would gil think minato is enough of a challenge to use his golden armor atleast?

the sheer skill that gil would see from just looking at him would probably be enough to bust out the armor

so... either Gil wipes Minato off the face of the earth before Edo Tensei comes out or Edo Tensi comes out and Gil loses if his regen neg weapons don't neg Low-Godly/Minato kills Gil before he gets serious
He starts in edo tensei. That's the key he has bijuu mode in. Immortality can be restricted if he has absolutely no way to deal with that. You said he has regen negging weapons didn't you?

Edit: Minato could skillfully use a well placed teleportation Kunai to get behind or close the distance to Gilgamesh. That would be the best chance he has. from memory
Doesn't he start casually? While Minato tries to go for the kill immediately? And someone brought up that ranged weapons don't work on Gilgamesh, what they described made it sound like a shinra tensei esque thing.

He starts in edo tensei. That's the key he has bijuu mode in. Immortality can be restricted if he has absolutely no way to deal with that. You said he has regen negging weapons didn't you?
Restricting immortality means the match can't be added, and I'm not 100% on Gil's regen negging weapons covering Low-Godly due to the severe lack of decent regen feats in Fate, even if they would immediately come out if Gil noticed Minato regenning

maybe enkidu to trap? although not being divine is a problem and he has the kurama avatar there. does Ea blast have hax? i was under the impression it did

maybe enkidu to trap? although not being divine is a problem and he has the kurama avatar there. does Ea blast have hax? i was under the impression it did
The best LS Enkidu has covered is Class K, Minato has at minimum Class M. Ea blast is space/time manip, but that only negs durability.

Restricting immortality means the match can't be added, and I'm not 100% on Gil's regen negging weapons covering Low-Godly due to the severe lack of decent regen feats in Fate, even if they would immediately come out if Gil noticed Minato regenning
Is that a thing? I thought most restrictions are fine as long as they're listed on the page. And what would come out if Gil noticed Minato regening?

Is that a thing? I thought most restrictions are fine as long as they're listed on the page. And what would come out if Gil noticed Minato regening?
If they are listed as "Likely" or "Possibly" an ability can be restricted. neither of those are listed for minato. The Regeneration Negating weapons.

Where's the page about that?

You mean he'd pull them out cause he sees they're useless?
it is literally a rule that was decided a little while ago, you can't just take away a confirmed power for a character

no, he would pull then out when Minato regenerates. They would be useless. this is a stomp as of right now.

it is literally a rule that was decided a little while ago, you can't just take away a confirmed power for a character

no, he would pull then out when Minato regenerates. They would be useless. this is a stomp as of right now.
Ah ok. This match flipped on its head real quick.

Back