• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minamoto no Yorimitsu vs Twenty-Fifth Baam (Legendary Monsters Exterminator hunt yet another Legendary Monster)

And it's not here yet. So well.

And their bodies still act as if they're made of matter generally. Besides Shinsoo isn't the same as matter either, it can just fulfill similar functions, same as mana. Besides your original point had nothing to do with them not being made of matter, but rather with mana being smaller than quantum particles.
And for the record, neither I nor some other knowledgeable Fate people from the wiki know where you got it being smaller from in the first place.

EDIT: And apparently Servants aren't even made of mana in the first place, instead they're made of ether, one of the elements in Fate.

And it's not here yet. So well.

And their bodies still act as if they're made of matter generally. Besides Shinsoo isn't the same as matter either, it can just fulfill similar functions, same as mana. Besides your original point had nothing to do with them not being made of matter, but rather with mana being smaller than quantum particles.
And for the record, neither I nor some other knowledgeable Fate people from the wiki know where you got it being smaller from in the first place.

EDIT: And apparently Servants aren't even made of mana in the first place, instead they're made of ether, one of the elements in Fate.
It quite simple tamamo cat is a servant made of mana/ether (the two are mentionned actually). And she have her state of existance being unstable on quantum level and since she still composed of that mana/ether, it's obligatory lower in composition to be able to still exist in that level

Due to Tamamo Cat having her state being unstable on a quantum level

it's obligatory lower in composition to be able to still exist in that level
Your words or the series?

Because being unstable on the quantum level has nothing to do with smaller particles. Like I don't see the logic in it at all. Her page only mentions her being intangible due to this.

Your words or the series?

Because being unstable on the quantum level has nothing to do with smaller particles. Like I don't see the logic in it at all. Her page only mentions her being intangible due to this.
The series tell that all servant are made of ether/mana and so she despite being in a unstable quantum state is still made of that ether/mana. It obligatory mean that mana/ether have at least the same scale than this for being able to still be composed of mana in that state.

She can't be composed of thing bigger than her state.

Like how you can't tell that an atome is composed of molecule.

And this makes mana smaller because...?

It wouldn't make sense for mana to be smaller than quantum particles anyway. Servants can interact with mana, but can't interact with Tamamo due to her intangibility which is at the quantum level. So quantum level intangibility > mana.

But yeah this sword stuff seems a lot better than Assassin Kojiro's Tsubame Gaeshi.

Saber Kojiro is on a whole other level compared to this, but that doesn't really help Raikou since he would stomp her too.

Yeah at this point I think it's safe to say Raikou still doesn't outskill.

Musashi did indeed state that non-Demon Swordsmaster Hozoin was superior. It's unknown how he would compare to Raikou with both in peak condition but they'd presumably still be of similar level, though Raikou's usual weakness to one-on-one duels would still apply.

Also while Musashi improved massively in order to defeat Raikou, she hadn't reached Void yet.

Musashi did indeed state that non-Demon Swordsmaster Hozoin was superior. It's unknown how he would compare to Raikou with both in peak condition but they'd presumably still be of similar level, though Raikou's usual weakness to one-on-one duels would still apply.

Also while Musashi improved massively in order to defeat Raikou, she hadn't reached Void yet.
To remember, that weakness is said by the chick that perfected the ability to cut karma in her fight against Raikou, and the other dudes that surpass Raikou without doubt in skill in shimosa are other two guys with infinite speed via pure skill, so the "weakness" of Raikou it's a bit doubtful.

I really remember that she reached the void in the fight, but since currently I'm working I can find that to confirm so pass I guess.

In general Raikou have the edge in skill, so the argument that she can't touch Baam because IR don't work.

About if the matter immobilization would work or not because of how servants are I don't know, so I'm not gonna touch that part, I'm only gonna say that if indeed work then she turn Spirit Form to slip of it, and although the presence of servants become more perceptible when they attack in Spirit Form irrc they are to some extent still undetectable to some extent just that the senses of servants are so good that they still feel it (remember that they can feel abstract existences and NE2), so don't know if the IR of Baam could react against that.

It's a weakness when she's up against people of comparable skill such as Musashi (pre-karma cutting). I also rewatched the fight and she had not reached Void yet.

Yagyu had not achieved Suigetsu at that point, and was still far superior to Raikou, to the point that a Musashi that had perfected karma-cutting to the point of far surpassing Raikou couldn't find a single possible future where she could truly defeat him. He was also debatably superior to Assassin Kojiro at this point.

However, ImNot, you said Baam didn't copy the entire sword style. How much of it did he copy?
The full style would definitely be too much for Raikou to handle but the same might not be true of Baam's level.

However, ImNot, you said Baam didn't copy the entire sword style. How much of it did he copy?
The full style would definitely be too much for Raikou to handle but the same might not be true of Baam's level.
he copied everything and mastered it.
there is no perfect/more complete style as far as we know, if that's what you mean, more like, this is master lvl and it gets even better from there. not even prime white(Mr.hundreds of slashes) is the peak of arie swordmanship, Arie Hon is, he also founded it and has like 20,000+ to train it off, he better not dissapoint.

in spoiler
and yes, the hundreds of slashes in a single attack of prime White is to much for him too, he was doing fine with less danmaku around 7 iirc (see the difference between hundreds and this) since he predicted the attacks and that compensated the fact that white was way faster than him, he could avoid them, until White decided to get slightly more faster and bam failed to avoid his blade twice so he got cut in the third attemp.

and bam doesn't use swords so he only scales to hoaqin, not white.

since white is now way stronger and Bam hasn't touched a sword ever since we had not a comparable fight on equal foots that don't include white speedblitzing

I'm gonna vote Raikou, she have a great AP advantage at the beginning, the skill to land anything that one-shot Baam or let him nearly dead and the initial distance is short enough to even close it with her lightnings. She also can get around the immobilization with spirit form and launch surprises attacks that I think even with the senses and IR of Baam would be hard to react without take damage.

It looks like this match would lead to inconclusive, but we'll see

Anyway i counted the votes
WHYNAUT, and myself voted for Bam btw.

a TL;DR of my reasons
Bam skills, senses that advertise him of invisible attacks and his IR+ sensing of everything in several KM and feats against close range such as Hoaqin(whom attack bends space and follow abstract trajectories of attack that follows means that he won't have a problem at 10m, considering that he dodged an attack of Hoaqin at 0m, that's right he dodged an attack while he was literally touching(no grabing at all, just touching) the sword, thorn advantage, Reverse Flow Control+Piercing technique means that he triumphs more than not for me.

Honestly tho, it better to hold up the voting before the nasuverse supporters gave their final arguments and conclusion, i don't want to see this thread become FRA trains for all the sudden

hes name is baam it sounds like a *gun sound effect sigh i love explaining my horrible jokes it makes it funnier

distance 10m i was wondering if baam exclusively fights range in character or if he switches style if forced in the situation, raikou has a chance to slap FRA with mana burst.

hes name is baam it sounds like a *gun sound effect sigh i love explaining my horrible jokes it makes it funnier

distance 10m i was wondering if baam exclusively fights range in character or if he switches style if forced in the situation, raikou has a chance to slap FRA with mana burst.
Ufff, the joke hurt.

Baam can fight at distance or one to one, he don't have a problem with do one or the other.

Extremely good range fighter
Extremely good close combatant.

He can either immobilize and drop your ass via combat and dura negation or just fly up and spam colossal blasts of shinsoo

has Raikou done that, use spirit form casually to evade immobilisation and to surprise attack enemies?
my votes on Baam aswell

has Raikou done that, use spirit form casually to evade immobilisation and to surprise attack enemies?
In Shimosa she did it, though in that part her personality is a bit different so don't know if you want to count it, she probably would do it if she consider the other part a insect (she think of onis as insects and have the mindset of exterminate them no matter what), she could feel the Red Thyssa, consider it a oni and thus crush it no matter what.

Back