• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Metroid V: Dread(ing the future for the franchise)

Well the Mother Elf itself can be corrupted (that was a big thing in the Zero games)
I am aware, but that would need Samus to bypass Zero's already existent resistances which work on an Info type 2 scale, and if ME ever comes out, samus is just dead on the spot

Just going off of raw stats Samus doesn't really have a chance, X just needs to fight normally and he'll win. The Plasma/Wave Beam can ignore X's durability but the Metroid Drain is the only thing Samus can use that might do something substantial as unlikely as it might be for Samus to use this ability. However, the big thing in my mind is the Mother Elf. Even if Samus could do something despite the stat gap, the Mother Elf just shuts down everything. If Samus can't do anything about the Mother Elf then there isn't really a debate, X sweeps. There's also the fact that despite getting drained by the baby Metroid at the end of Super Metroid, Mother Brain came back from being a dried out husk. She's the only one to have done this, but it's still something to note. You could say that Mother Brain had some sort of back up just in case a Metroid attacked her, but there's no information on anything like this that I know of.

After double checking stuff about the Darkburst I also looked at the Sonic Boom and the only thing the description says about it is that "it projects a wave of sonic force." That is super vague. Wikitroid describes it as causing a ripple through reality which wouldn't surprise me but that's not in the description anywhere. If that was true how would you quantify the power of getting hit by "a rip in the fabric of reality"?

Side note how does a matter-antimatter weapon interface with sonic technology specifically? Granted a weapon that has the power of the Annihilator Beam and that it fires anti-matter would cause a lot of noise but sonic stuff shouldn't be it's most noteworthy attribute, unless there's some sciency thing behind this that I'm unaware of.

One side note about the Melee Counter that should be added to Samus' profile is that the Melee Counter can be used in Morph Ball and during a Slide. I'm sure plenty of people don't know that since I didn't know about until I was told about it. Might also want to add that it can be used in mid air as well as on the ground. Now that I double checked Samus' techniques on her Post-Fusion profile the Dash Melee is missing, that ought to be added too.

Hi. Question about Samus Zero Mission MHS+ speed rating via moving at Supersonic speeds on a planet with 960x gravity. How was it calculated? Like, is there a formula or something?

Supersonic ranges from Mach 1.2 to Mach 4.9; which in turn translates to Mach 1152 and Mach 4704 respectively as far as I'm aware. Though I also notice formulas like that don't quite take relativity into account as moving Relativistic on 10 G's =/= being FTL on 1 G. Though for lower levels, it shouldn't be effected too much.

Supersonic ranges from Mach 1.2 to Mach 4.9; which in turn translates to Mach 1152 and Mach 4704 respectively as far as I'm aware. Though I also notice formulas like that don't quite take relativity into account as moving Relativistic on 10 G's =/= being FTL on 1 G. Though for lower levels, it shouldn't be effected too much.
I see. Though is there a formula to translate that to higher numbers?

I basically have a character moving Mach 1282 (lighting speed) in 10,000x normal gravity. And I've been wondering what the speed upscale would be.

Not sure if this might be considered calc stacking, but something along the lines of being able to move at X velocities on a gravity of G. Is that we assume traditional KE is G^2 times higher than one would be moving on 1 G environments of said velocity and then reverse calculate what velocity they would be while taking relativity into account. But that's especially difficult for Relativistic+ since realistically; even multiplying KE by Googleplex numerals would still be within the Relativistic+ range as one needs to actually reach infinite KE to actually reach SoL.

Just going off of raw stats Samus doesn't really have a chance, X just needs to fight normally and he'll win. The Plasma/Wave Beam can ignore X's durability but the Metroid Drain is the only thing Samus can use that might do something substantial as unlikely as it might be for Samus to use this ability. However, the big thing in my mind is the Mother Elf. Even if Samus could do something despite the stat gap, the Mother Elf just shuts down everything. If Samus can't do anything about the Mother Elf then there isn't really a debate, X sweeps. There's also the fact that despite getting drained by the baby Metroid at the end of Super Metroid, Mother Brain came back from being a dried out husk. She's the only one to have done this, but it's still something to note. You could say that Mother Brain had some sort of back up just in case a Metroid attacked her, but there's no information on anything like this that I know of.
it's also does not help that X can just spam "time stop" multiple times (dark hold ) /turn invincible for short time/beam saber reflect projectiles. which his ultimate armor give unlimited ammo

Just wondering, are there a lot of instances of Samus increasing in power with her base suits from game to game? The only time I recall it happened was Varia Samus defeating Dark Samus at the beginning of Prime 2, who is a manifestation of Phazon Suit Samus that is far stronger than Prime 1 Varia.

With all of the rumors of the Switch successor coming out next year, I wonder if this means Prime 4 is close to finishing development. I'd be surprised if we don't have at least a little glimpse of it this year.

Last edited:
With all of the rumors of the Switch successor coming out next year, I wonder if this means Prime 4 is close to finishing development. I'd be surprised if we don't have at least a little glimpse of it this year.
Yeah, I think that might be a reason is it's intended to be one of the first games released for the next system. And in the mean time, we may get HD port bundle of Prime 2 and 3 in the same boat that we got Pikmin 1+2 for.

Back