• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Merciful Shadows ~ Corvo vs. Batman

Please know I'm using younger Corvo and post-crisis batman. The fact that Corvo is low chaos definately tilts it for Batman's favor, but Batman also is known to refuse to kill. Batman is stronger physically (excluding lifting strength) and mentally, with their tools and powers included Corvo has a slight lead, (not including ones like shadow kill since it requires Corvo to kill) with powers like Devouring swarm, dark vision, possession, and bend time to name a few, it seems more likely Corvo would win.Since Batman has his vehicles, and this version has resistance to sleep induction (making corvo's sleep darts practically useless). With Corvo's powers runing out when he loses all his mana it is very likely Batman would win. Since batman locks up all his villains though, Corvo could always get out and try again though.

Corvo canonically has mana and health vials and is willing to lead with time manip to end a fight quickly, plus he only needs about three seconds for his hold to knock someone out with his special chokehold

Correct, however if the fight lasted long enough the potions would run out, and he can't run and grab more. Batman likely wouldn't let him get those three seconds in, whether it be from Batman hearing him before hand or from him being physically stronger than Corvo. Plus, if he learned about it Batman could easily buy or find the music box needed to defeat Corvo.

With Corvo stopping time batman wouldn't exactly have a chance to not let him as he wouldn't be able to fight back. Bats also has no prep time and no knowledge of the outsider or how corvo's powers work so no, a music box isnt a possibility either.

Bats also isnt physically stronger, they're on the same level. Corvo could also trap batmans soul in the heart.

I suppose that's fair, with the knowledge of no prep time for batman it definately makes it look like Corvo would win. Of course low-chaos means that he wouldn't kill him, right? (That's completely unrelated, just trying to work this out in my head)

Your version does sound right. I usually just think of Corvo slowing time at the most. Overall if there was prep time AND Corvo didn't just pause time and knock out Batman, Batman may have a chance.

I mean the timestop is really the only thing even giving him him a win here, Corvo may be skilled bytes Bats destroys him in cqc and considering Corvo is in Low Chaos he will be restricting an lot of his more powerful abilities

Since dishonored 2 :p

But yeah, timestop is basically the only thing that gives Corvo a win here, Bats even resists his sleep darts

Wait just a second.

The Heart isn't combat applicable, and it isn't dependent on Corvo, it's dependent on the spirit of his wife inside, who he can't really communicate with in combat, nor can he really tell her to "yeah, swap your soul with that guy".

It's also never shown to be able to remove the soul of a living body, just switch souls with one that was already removed from Delilah and place it back.

That's a fair point, I'm not sure why that thought left my mind. Do you think that (with everything else that has been brought up) would be enough to have batman win?

Doesn't the time stop have a pretty short time limit? Been a while since I placed Dishonored.

It's definitely still helpful but I thought it had a cool down and wasn't that long?

You'd be amazed how much you could do with the Time Stop in Dishonored.

Like, really.

Also it's not really a cooldown, it's just that it takes up a lot of mana.

Huh. Maybe I just didn't use it that much. Looks like Corvo wins due to that then, even though Batman beats him in most everything else.

I mean even assuming Corvo didn't lead with Time Stop the second he sees Bat pose a threat he can hit the panic button and possess him

Aizenishere said:
I mean even assuming Corvo didn't lead with Time Stop the second he sees Bat pose a threat he can hit the panic button and possess him
He usually uses it in response to being shot at/projectiles, so the moment Bats throws a Baterang Corvo will likely timestop and take him out with an Arc Mine or something similar. That or Corvo just Possesses him, which will cause Bats to become disorientated, leaving an opening for Corvo to do the same. Among other things. Honestly leaning stomp, although I'm fine with this just being a descisive victory for Corvo.

Back