• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Meliodas *vaporizes* Danafor discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
I stole this from Ah Gou:

This has already been addressed and currently, it's accepted as pulverization, but recently we got additional info for the scene by Nakaba himself (it's a sketch so deal with it) which was meant for the anime adaptation (so it's canon). The narrator says "The fires in Danaford burned for 3 days and 3 nights" which implies fire, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMf0DEZFtSU&t=1042s here's the anime scene which is adapted from this additional info, minute 17:55. If vaporization is accepted it's going to boost the verse again.

Also, please upload the relevant scans to the wiki instead. Fandom does not like when we directly link to scanlation sites.

Yeah, this seems correct, if it flat out says it was burning, that confirms it was hellfire

So let's see here, just wanna confirm this wouldn't be an outlier

Unsealed Demon Mark Meliodas would be 8.5 Teratons (Country level)

Post-Revival Assault Mode Meliodas would be 3x that so 25.5 Teratons (Country level)

Then Original Demon is 2x that and he would be 51Teratons (Country level)

Huh, well I guess it's not an outlier since even with all the multipliers it doesn't surpass Mael's Cloud calc

This works then, unless the low end gets accepted

I don't have an issue with this being vaporization, it just sucks that we're losing multiple tiering's like we won't have any variety since 6-C, High 6-C, and Low 6-B will be gone

Unless low-end gets accepted

Because it doesn't retcon a feat it just shows more info, on top of coming from Nakaba himself.

I don't disagree, but the manga never portrays it this way even once (it's literally never hellfire, it's always the darkness pillar). Burning also doesn't necessarily mean it was vaporized, especially since the ground shatters here and there appears to be molten rock.

@Mitch & Sigurd

Is either of you willing to handle it instead then?

ByAsura said:
I don't disagree, but the manga never portrays it this way even once (it's literally never hellfire, it's always the darkness pillar). Burning also doesn't necessarily mean it was vaporized, especially since the ground shatters here and there appears to be molten rock.
I shared this view.

I got to ask, though, is there an accepted blog calculation on the feat yet?

You can ask here for evaluations: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/4020729

Duedate8898 said:
But, it is not the same assumption that was used though as vaporization was not considered but Pulverization.

The max tier there is 6-C not 6-B as Aubin look to suggested for Unsealed Meliodas.

An additional vaporization calculation would need to be made for the feat:

I made a short caclulation from the accepted 6-C calculation:

An accepted blog would still be need on it though.

I could try and make one, however it would look exactly the same as the current one just with the vaporization result instead of pulverization

Thank you, but it seems like Dargoo Faust rejected the calculation. You should preferably ask him to comment here in this thread.

I also don't agree with using an unused anime sketch. That's nowhere near evidence of canon information.

Even the anime shows the ground shattering and not vaporizing.

The manga has it as a pillar of darkness which doesn't vaporize.

Okay. It seems like this has been rejected then.

I asked Dargoo Faust to comment here, I'm pretty neutral about whether or not we should use vaporization, it's very possible it got retconned at some point from pulverization to vaporization

There's no real retconning here. The manga just shows a single panel offhand, and there's no real proof of large-scale vaporization in the anime. If it is a retcon, then it's non-sensical, just like Meliodas beating Escanor with Assault Mode. In addition, this clip breaks all kinds of canon.

Yeah, this is another of Nakaba's non-sense retcons he has been doing as of late, and should be ignored like the rest of them.

Okay. Thank you for the input. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back