• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Rayquaza Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
I'll get straight to the point.

Grand Meteor Delta is a planet buster in the Adventures manga, alluded to as early as the third page of the special.

Mega Rayquaza, just like in every other media, destroys it with Sragon Ascent.

Consistent with the SMD feat, and we should probably combine the tabs for that and Mega in that case. With our new regulations, only reason we really had them separate was because it was much higher than other showings from the core series and anime, which is no longer the case.

Same with Deoxys and Mewtwo, the two others with that SMD scaling, as they also scale to Mega Rayquaza.

The others who scale are Mew, Genesect, the Aura Trio, and Magearna.

Her Soul Heart powered a blast that required the full night of 100% Zygarde and some other fodder Pokémon to cancel out.

For Deoxys, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza, just combine their SMD tab with their Mega/Base forms after we upgrade.

Furthermore, as its related to this, Mewtwo would most likely need his tabs changed. Like, four 5-B tabs, culminating in his High 4-C tab.

Also, side note. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Xerneas the Tree of Life embodied? Same Tree of Life whose dying caused a 700+ zettaton feat?

It is.

Also I read the Or as chapter earlier today because I knew this was gonna happen.

It depends context of the meteir changes from planet bust to mere life wiping
Pokemon Special ORAS c03 018-me
, but then again we do see what itd do. It didnt planet bust, but it completely annihilates most of it.

It's not like the tabs are used for anything outside AP/Dura purposes, we assume he has his composite abilities (for some reason) which makes the keys pointless beyond changing his AP.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
It is.

Also I read the Or as chapter earlier today because I knew this was gonna happen.
I'm afraid I don't know what method to use to calc it. Should I use kinetic energy for dispersion? If so, what's the size of the fragments, and what would be the timeframe? Should I use plain old destruction values? Well is it pulverization or violent fragmentation? And how much was destroyed, if not all?

That would be it. Nothing mire.

can't tell if the fragments are earth, I would have assumed the earth was the fragments there but considering we still see the outline of earth in the bottom corner? I dont know .

That's what I was wondering. The entire page would have you believe the earth gets destroyed, and that's what I believe, yet that sphere in the bottom left of the bottom right panel calls that into question.

However, shot in the dark, could possibly be the sun in said panel?

Shouldn't we stick to the ORAS Game's version of events, since, you know, it's the primary canon?

Reppu, buddy. How much have you been following the revision threads? Actually asking. Not being a d***. Because it matters on how much info I have to give to you.

@J-Man.

Nitpick, but it doesn't. The earth panels cover more than half of the panel, while the variable covers less than half. And what's supposed to be water...I think...is lighter in the earth panels.

Tfw I just wanna say "PIS" out of nowhere just to trigger you ovo.

In all seriousness now, I'm too stupid to do rotations for comparison :p, but I don't know why the mangaka would randomly change up angles for just one of four slides.

@Cal

I've been up to 3:00-4:00 in the morning doing Biology and Organic Chemistry homework on top of other writing projects, so I can't say I've been following them that closely.

Given that the primary version of the events is in ORAS, I thought we were going to use that over the manga version rather than pick here and there for the highest results.

I don't remember the Delta Episode all that well right now aside from vaguely recalling how the meteor was going to "destroy the world".

If you can find that quote again in the game for me to read (I'm too tired to hunt for it right now) then I'll probably end up changing my mind.

I'm sorry about that, man. My condolences. Hope it was worth it and you do well :). Anyways...you know how the Digimon are scaled with feats from novels as well as the anime? It's well...that. (Quickest way I could explain it to ya)

I've actually never played a Gen 6 game (my first 3DS got stolen before I could get my preorder). Better off asking J-Man.

Ikr? Massive plot twist. I haven't played Super Mario Sunshine or a Four Swords game either ovo.

But back to the topic, while sun might've been a little bit of a stretch, can't really be earth either, given that a surface-busted earth couldn't come from either of the two prior panels, where the rocks are in that panel wouldn't make sense, and neither would Zinnia's dialogue about the planet being incapable of withstanding the impact (planet would be damaged greatly, but still intact. Us on the other hand...)

Here they talk about protecting the planet from the meteoroid at 27:20 (First thing that i found)

Also here at 14:58. Also at 16:00, referring to the energy of the rocket that should stop it.

20:10 "Saving the planet and everything on it"

Also the manga scan is Low 5-B as a minimum if it's the surface being projected outward, as it would be reaching escape velocity.

5-B composite seems solid, given that nothing contradicts it.

Also doubt that the debris are the meteor itself given that:

1) They are way too many, unless that meteor was the size of a country or something.

2) The meteor should disintegrate upon impact anyway.

The meteor was that of a countryin size, a small one anyway. And rayquaza couldnt even destroy it by himself, he needed help for like 50 other pokemon. (But then again deoxys caused it, but then deoxys > ratquaza as Rayquaza couldnt overcome it by itself but rayqyaza stomped Deoxys, that whole arc is bullshit ).

If youre talking about the game, its specifically noted to be 6km in diameter by devon that is enough to life wipe, it was caleced at triple digit teraton.

That would mean no, game meteor would be below planet, even had a calc for it.

Well that is what it was calced at.

And Honestly? Probably would, the fall out be massuve, the atmosphere would be screwed, aftereffects are a thing.

Isn't there a picture of the meteor or statement of its size? If Rayquaza destroyed it by colliding against it then use KE, is destroyed it by an attack then use v. frag. to find the energy requiered to destroy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back