• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mega Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Mega Rayquaza Upgrade

Yeah, but every Pokémon profile on this site is pretty much a composite, so I'm highly against the idea of dividing Pokémon Dungeon specifically.

Since forever. Why do you think Pikachu is listed as multi-city block level? It's from the Anime. If not for that, Pikachu would be listed off as wall level, but I sure don't see any dividers for him.

Lol when a franchise is as big as Pokemon they have many games and spin offs so they get feats from every corner.

Hyperception said:
But that's for Mario, not Pokemon.

And i personally think it shouldn't be there since it's a massive outlier/PIS
Lol. It's not an outlier. Deoxys and Mega Ray are already listed as moon level. The only possible outlier there is Mewtwo.

Thing is, the Mystery Dungeon Universe is explicity stated to be a seperate universe, and it also doesn't run on the same mechanics as the normal Pokemon universe, meaning the argument of "the Pokemon there shouldn't be any different than the ones in the normal universe" has less ground to stand on. Furthermore, you also have things like the player and their partner defeating Dialga and Palkia in Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky as a plot point.

Except the feat with the tree is a massive plot element that you can't simply write off so easily. It wouldn't even be an outlier for the three who did it.

I'm not saying that the feat itself should be written off. I'm simply saying that the case for scaling it to the Pokemon's main-line universe counterpart is tenous at best.

Unclechairman said:
I'm not saying that the feat itself should be written off. I'm simply saying that the case for scaling it to the Pokemon's main-line universe counterpart is tenous at best.
Oh, my bad.

I still think it applies to the mainline universe, because Base Mewtwo should be moon level anyway for fighting Deoxys, and that makes planet level Mega Mewtwo more likely.

HomestuckLover1 said:
Unclechairman said:
Oh, my bad.
I still think it applies to the mainline universe, because Base Mewtwo should be moon level anyway for fighting Deoxys, and that makes planet level Mega Mewtwo more likely.
I've already tried getting Mewtwo scaled off of Deoxys, the results speak for themselves.

Whether or not it fits with the scaling doesn't say much about whether or not the Mystery Dungeon universe is relatable enough to the main-line universe to consider scaling feats from it to the main-line counterparts.

I was the one (or one of the ones) arguing for Moon level Mewtwo via scaling from Deoxys because the manga is based on the main-line universe, so things that Pokemon do there shouldn't be substantially different from what they do in the games.

SaikouTouhou said:
Yeah but Mewtwo fought Manga Deoxys, and only Game Deoxys is Moon.
Manga Deoxys isn't substantially different from Game Deoxys as the manga is based virtually head to toe on the game universe. All it does really is expand on the game's universe.

Unclechairman said:
Whether or not it fits with the scaling doesn't say much about whether or not the Mystery Dungeon universe is relatable enough to the main-line universe to consider scaling feats from it to the main-line counterparts.

I was the one (or one of the ones) arguing for Moon level Mewtwo via scaling from Deoxys because the manga is based on the main-line universe, so things that Pokemon do there shouldn't be substantially different from what they do in the games.
In that case, why was it never accepted if it's based on the mainline universe?

We couldn't decide whether his profile was composite or not, so we ended up just assuming it was strictly for the game universe.

Mewtwo's profile is definitely a composite, seeing as how Pokken is being used for it and nothing indicates it's part of the mainline series.

I'm fine with upgrading Mewtwo based on him fighting Deoxys in the manga, but as I said, there isn't a very strong case for scaling PMD feats to the main-line verse like there is with the manga.

I'm just one moderator, though. You'd have to ask the admins and (preferrably) the rest of the moderators too, or at least the ones who deal in Pokemon. The Knowledgeable Members List might help you find the staff that can deal in Pokemon-related matters.

Like I said, I'd be fine if there was a divider for SMD Mewtwo, Deoxys, and Rayquaza, so that shouldn't be a problem.

You should probably go ask the admins and mods directly. I doubt they'll notice this thread if you just keep bumping it.

Back