• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact AKM sama if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
This Quora post calculated some of Thor's storm feats using all three methods for each (except the first one). They range from Low 7-B to 6-C. Can any of them be used? I can also make a blog post if needed

Edit: Made a blog post

Edit 2: So from the looks of it now, first calc is OK, second one should use KE, third should be CAPE, fourth and fifth don't change from previously. KE for second would mean 6-C for mid-tiers. Either an outlier or another upgrade for mid tiers and higher. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ok. It's just that Antvasima says that he shouldn't physically scale to them unless warranted. Just wanted to confirm
If there are already calculations for these feats, they need to be compared though, and Thor should not physically scale to weather control unless it is clearly warranted.

Prolly from his hammer since Thor usually spins his hammer or strikes the sky with lightning to generate the clouds but KE storms usually don't require an energy source since it's being physically moved.

Hellbeast and Spino should prolly be able to answer in more detail.
If it's directly from Mjolnir then Awakened Thor automatically scales to his storms because it was stated that Mjolnir was only meant to allow him to focus, control, and wield his own power; which is something he can do and channel naturally Post-Awakening without the need for the hammer as a medium. The fact that he also got physically stronger is only the icing on the cake really.

I did a calc of his neutron star feat that yielded something to the tune of baseline High 6-C, I'll have to figure out what I did with it and put it in a blog. I know it's controversial to use that feat, since there's a lot of ways to construe the many variables in the scene, but at the least, the neutron star used in the feat should be scaled to IRL neutron stars, since, while it is essentially imprisoned and doesn't always act like a real star, I think it's safe to say the dwarves tried to keep as close to its original state as possible for whatever desirable properties it may have, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with the immense resource strain of harnessing it and would've just created a different power source/forge

If it's directly from Mjolnir then Awakened Thor automatically scales to his storms because it was stated that Mjolnir was only meant to allow him to focus, control, and wield his own power; which is something he can do and channel naturally Post-Awakening without the need for the hammer as a medium. The fact that he also got physically stronger is only the icing on the cake really.
Based

I did a calc of his neutron star feat that yielded something to the tune of baseline High 6-C, I'll have to figure out what I did with it and put it in a blog. I know it's controversial to use that feat, since there's a lot of ways to construe the many variables in the scene, but at the least, the neutron star used in the feat should be scaled to IRL neutron stars, since, while it is essentially imprisoned and doesn't always act like a real star, I think it's safe to say the dwarves tried to keep as close to its original state as possible for whatever desirable properties it may have, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered with the immense resource strain of harnessing it and would've just created a different power source/forge
Interesting

:0

Hellbeast and Spino should prolly be able to answer in more detail.
I'm unsure; I know Odin and Heimdall use "The Dark Magic" for some of their feats but I can't recall one existing for Thor. If his hammer strikes cause the storms that'd be enough but we see him mostly just gesture and summon thunderstorms.
Nah, the 6-B boom whacked him.
I'd also note the novelisation apparently implies it killed Hela too
Would that mean it fits? He mostly channels that power into storms rather then the variety of purposes universal systems would imply?
This feat has had so many variations in four years. Like it's been 7-B to like 5-C

oh

why would it be an outlier? Thor is pretty much a top tier, the ones that scales to him would be characters like Thanos, Captain Marvel and Scarlet Witch powers ig
Thanos's arm got shat on by the 5.2 gigaton surge of the Infinity Gauntlet. That on its own is a pretty big reason.

Thanos's arm got shat on by the 5.2 gigaton surge of the Infinity Gauntlet. That on its own is a pretty big reason.
Wasn't that the >5 Gigaton figure for the first snap and not the one where he shattered the stones atom by atom? If so that wouldn't be an anti-feat since he tanked that first one even after being impaled by Stormbreaker.

It could support things since
  • That number is steadily climbing before Rocket pulls away
  • The High 7-A+ is fairly casual from Thor

Last edited:
Wasn't that the >5 Gigaton figure for the first snap and not the one where he shattered the stones atom by atom? If so that wouldn't be an anti-feat since he tanked that first one even after being impaled by Stormbreaker.

It could support things since
  • That number is steadily climbing before Rocket pulls away
  • The High 7-A+ is fairly casual from Thor
Fair. It did take two snaps to actually bring Thanos near death.

A decent point, but stuff like math and scaling aren't really at the forefront of most screenwriters'/authors'/directors'/etc. concerns. So they probably just picked some big number. Also, Rocket referred to the snap's power surge with "a power surge of cosmic proportions, no one's ever seen anything like it", seems a bit weird for a power surge to be described as such despite only being 5 dozen times the yield of the Tsar Bomb, and for it to pale in comparison to the yields of IRL cosmic disasters and even other cosmic occurrences within the series, such as Surtur destroying Asgard and Celestials razing planet surfaces in one go with the Power Stone

Last edited:
The 6-C is weird
On one hand High 6-C MCU top tiers feels super consistent but it's also massively above most of the mid tiers' stuff. I also feel we need more information on how Thor's magic works to assume it's universally applicable

Finger cross for that so don't get your hope high
The Nidavellir feat is a defining feat for Awakened Thor, and its largest contradiction (Island level snap almost killing Thanos) is hella sus cuz it explicity upscales from country to multi-continent feats, meaning that it having a yield in single digits of gigatons makes zero sense. And accounting for Hulk and Hela briefly standing their ground against Surtur, I'd say being in the neighborhood of High 6-C to Low 6-B is much more consistent.

The Nidavellir feat is a defining feat for Awakened Thor, and its largest contradiction (Island level snap almost killing Thanos) is hella sus cuz it explicity upscales from country to multi-continent feats, meaning that it having a yield in single digits of gigatons makes zero sense. And accounting for Hulk and Hela briefly standing their ground against Surtur, I'd say being in the neighborhood of High 6-C to Low 6-B is much more consistent.
This does make sense to me tbh.
I'm not necessarily against the current scaling, especially because I personally love when there's no massive tier gaps between the feats, but this is absolutely valid in its own right.

I'm still unsure about that as it would be above mid tiers

Forgive me if this has been brought up already, but I'd just like to remind everyone that Rocket switched the hologram slides while the Megaton number was still steadily rising. We don't know that the snap capped out at 6-C.
We know.

In any case, I'll most likely upload my Nidavellir calc by tomorrow and put it up for evaluation. Then I'll contact Spino and the bois to take a look at them and at this thread after.

On the topic of MCU calc's is it possible to calc this?

It can't be used yet but it should on November 5th if you catch my meaning, just something to have in the tank so we don't have to worry about it later

I mean we have the actual clip of this and that's more than I can say for something like Shang-Chi where we can't find any high quality clips

It can't be used yet but it should on November 5th if you catch my meaning, just something to have in the tank so we don't have to worry about it later

I mean we have the actual clip of this and that's more than I can say for something like Shang-Chi where we can't find any high quality clips
What is this feat about?

Welp even though KLOL won't be here I'd still like to know if this is something that's calcable currently in prep

Prolly best to wait til the movie releases first to do any Eternals calcs. A scenes shown in trailers can get cut and/or extended by a noticeable margin to give more info. It'd probably be a waste of effort.
True and the feat will be rated higher than anything that could be calc'd from the look I got but we still do see that full shot along with the next shot in the trailer. I don't mind waiting but I doubt there'll be any need since it should be as simple as we saw

I'll be saying the same thing in november😭

TBH It might not be if Thor's weather manipulation is separate from his other attacks but we need to prove a universal system there
I mean, for one, there's Mjolnir. So it's problematic.

Then again, FRIDAY did outright say that Thor could crack the vibranium spire inside Sokovia, but that'd put him above Thanos barely managing to nick off half of Cap's shield, so...

I mean Idk if that fits the requirements tbh
I'm planning on a more in depth page which could help
Even with that, I still don't see anything higher than 7-A to be worthwhile for Pre-Awakening Thor TBH. 6-C is simply an outlier for the cast at that level.

Isn't there a statement in the AOU script he was able to smash Sokovia by himself. Also I think we need to calculate the feat from Thor 1 where he smashes the ice
No, he was explicitly stated to be able to crack the vibranium spire by FRIDAY herself, who then stated that it would not be enough to halt Sokovia from dropping into Earth and that the impact would still be devastating.

Here's the full stuff from AoE at 01:49:34-

• Tony: The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it...
  • FRIDAY: It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating.
  • Tony: Maybe if we could cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back.
  • FRIDAY: That could vaporize the city. And everyone on it.

Basically cracking the vibranium spire would in all essence be a massive outlier due to Thanos barely managing to cleave a tiny vibranium shield in half after multiple strikes, unless you wanna argue for 6-C Low 6-B pre-awakening Thor which is absolutely ludicrous given just how horribly outmatched he was against Hela.