• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spinosaurus75DinosaurFan

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Yep, another MCU revision.

So recently I noticed that Valkyrie (Marvel Cinematic Universe) scales to Hela and Awakened Thor, so I upgraded her, Loki and those who scale to Massively Hypersonic since I thought it was a mistake when upgrading MCU God Tiers to MHS.

However, I soon realised that if Loki is MHS, base Thor and Hulk scale. So everyone who scales to them needs to be upgraded.

Iron Man kept up with Thor, Captain America kept up with Loki though too. And then eventually the scaling chain goes on and we'll get MHS Hawkeye.

So should the MCU just be universal MHS, or should there be a point where we decide "that's enough" and cut the scaling chain, and consider weaker characters keeping up with stronger characters to be outliers?

While there is a power gap. The characters don't seem to have a speed gap and the weaker characters never talked about how much faster the stronger people are so I guess scaling the combat speed is fine.

Marvel Comics as a whole (granted the speed scaling there is still borked to shit) tends to treat their weaker street level to mid tier characters as being faster than their stronger high tier ones. This is done solely as a balancing act to give their weaker characters a chance to do anything and not immediatly be blitzed and one shot to oblivion.

Suffice to say, weaker characters scaling to this isn't much of an issue when Marvel rarely treats it as being one.

Ok I understand Spider-Man and Cap but I thought it was decided a while ago that using Mjolnir isn't reliable due to the hammer being capable of moving at variable speeds?

No, Loki still is comparable, if not slightly faster than her, given he was quick enough to tag Valkyrie to give her the flashback

This isn't an AP thing

If that meteor feat doesn't work for KE anymore, would it even work the speed? The KE was rejected because it didn't show the damage that it should have if it was traveling at such high speeds, iirc, so would keeping those speeds in another calc even work?

Little reason to believe Mantis shouldn't scale, she's getting the same speed rating I reckon. This needs more staff input

I have updated all characters to MHS except for Mantis (which requires more input), Iron Man's early suits (they don't scale), irrelevant characters from the TV shows (some scale but most don't), Tier 10 characters and Tier 2 characters.

Given the justification on Thor's page (Quicksilver only perceived Thor and Ultron as moving while running at speeds so fast that everything around him seemed froze), only he, Hulk, and some of the others should scale. Loki has only fought Captain American and Iron Man once, and that was just a ploy to be captured. There's other occasions, I'm sure, but they're probably outliers given the ratings these characters are currently given.

Also, Loki kept up for a little bit, but he was ultimately outclassed in terms of speed.

I have problems with the entire speed scaling for Marvel, which I'll get into later.

Speed is not related to strength in the MCU at all, as we see no speed gap between street tiers and god tiers. They move at around the same speed in combat, and although Loki was overpowered by Valkyrie, he definitely isn't overwhelmingly slower than her. Loki also fought Thor twice and in terms of speed they seem comparable. There seem to be too many times lower tiers kept up with higher tiers to be considered outliers.

The gap between Hela and Spider-Man isn't vast. That's my point. Loki doesn't need to be upgraded based on Hela's stats.

There aren't though, it's just out of context scenes, circular scaling and obvious PIS. Thor and such are clearly faster than the rest, and no human should scale. I'll get into this soon.

Here's my problems.

I can see Okoye staying at this rating, as she's "the greatest warrior Wakanda has" and doesn't have any contradictory feats, to my knowledge. The very most I could except are the top four.

I agree with Crossbones, Outriders and AoS characters, I will take a look at the other stuff later (I'm on mobile)

Btw the circular scaling issues are mostly just bad/confusing justifications on my part, my bad.

From what I can gather,from what ByAsura has written, I agree with his suggestions

@ByAsura Should the Agents of SHIELD characters be downgraded back to 9-C since they shouldn't scale to Black Widow? And should Crossbones's AP be downgraded too?

They're all fine AP wise, except for the Kree. Most don't even scale to Black Widow.

Crossbones' AP is fine, as well.

Back