• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qawsedf234

VS Battles
Administrator
Human Resources
So generally we have a lot of issue regarding the Civil War fight since it leads to strange ratings, but we more or less have accepted that it is what it is. However, the canon MCU databook the Wakanda Files has this passage about the Civil War Iron Man armor
First armor to utilize nanotechnologies. Limited, active noncombatant armor developed in conjunction with signing of Sokovia Accords.
The armor was never designed for actual combat situations and was made to fit the Sokovia Accords. As such the armor cannot scale to suits like the Mark VII or his other main armors, as they were all designed with combat in mind. Ramifications from this:
  • Unless a new feat is found Cap's shield AP goes from 8-A to "At least 8-C"
  • Bucky's arm loses its 8-A AP rating
  • Tony gets a key for this Iron Man armor to make the scaling more straightforward
  • All aspects of lifting strength scaling from Cap/Bucky to Iron Man are removed, as the suit would scale to them rather than them to previous models.
  • While debatably this might means that suits like the Mark VII can upscale from the Mark 46, since they were designed with combat in mind rather than fitting with the Accords.
This may lead to a general lifting strength revision but it wouldn't be right now.

Agree with that, however couldn't it be more proof for it being a non combat suit?
Yes, I think it could be used to support that argument, alongside other instances, such as Falcon (both by flying into it and with Redwing) and Hawkeye (with an explosive arrow) being able to knock back and inflict slight damage to it.
Also what about Rhodey's armor and the mark 47?
This section on the War Machine Mark 3 from the Wakanda Files book describes the suit as an "upgrade", though with the stun baton and sonic disabler added to the arsenal to provide nonlethal combat options.

As for the Mark 47, it visibly looks like a recolored Mark 46, but I'm not sure how comparable they're actually meant to be. We don't see the Mark 47 in any combat situations, which complicates things. It's only really notable feat is pushing half a ferry in place for a short period of time, but that's with flight, which we seem to give a separate LS rating on the profile.

Well since it's a universal agreed upon thing I'll apply the changes when I get the chance.

Will you be making a brand new key for Iron Man too?
Yeah. I was thinking something like
At least Building level (Fought Captain America and Winter Soldier at the same time and was generally holding the edge over both of them. Noted as being a noncombat suit), Large Building level with the unibeam (The unibeam uses the full energy of the arc reactor which produces at least 10 gigajoules per second. Vaporized Winter Soldier's arm)

Yeah. I was thinking something like
Seems fine, nitpicking that Iron Man seemed pretty overwhelmed when they were 2v1 on him instead of running/separating, I'd probably say holding the edge over them individually or something along those lines instead to avoid people misunderstanding it as some sort of a multiplier.

So here's what I got
  • Iron man scales to WS and Cap
  • Giant Man scales to War Machine rather than Iron Man
  • Cap, WS, BP and Falcon have their Iron Man mentions removed
That everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back