• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Massive Legend of Zelda downgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, the wanking of zelda is coming to an end ahahaha please laugh at my joke.

In regards to the blood moon stuff, I guess I can see why it could be seen as a visual thing so honestly I won't be too hung up about yeeting that feat. For the Zant stuff I can't remember the exact argument for why it was reality warping as opposed to dimensional travel, iirc the main points where that the Master Sword only glows a certain way while in the Twilight Realm and remains with that same glow thoughout the entire Zant fight while it doesn't have that glow when you properly leave the realm to fight Ganondorf, and how places like the mansion and leakebed temples are thawed out/drained once you beat their respective bosses but are frozen and filled with water during the Zant fight. I dunno, it was something like that I think.

The Tally:

*Note: I am human and prone to error, if I made one, please inform me to correct it - or correct it yourself if capable. Every person who said they agreed with another, I put it for all categories unless specified otherwise. If your name isn't in a section, it is because I couldn't gauge your position on a specific topic, whether that be because you didn't answer it or I didn't decipher your words correctly is dependent on each person.

The argument that I have jumped the gun and stated was accepted was the Zant one because literally everyone agreed with it.*

No more scaling all bombs to PH's bombs:
Agree: 4 (YuriAkuto, Lgamer099_99, Dargoo_Faust, Da_Lunge_Fish)

Disagree: 2 (The_real_cal_howard, LephyrTheRevanchist)

Ambivalent: 5(Warren_Valion, Antvasima, Matthew_Schroeder, Starter_Pack, Ionliosite)

No more 4-A Wind Fish/scaling:
Agree: 3 (Lgamer099_99, Dargoo_Faust, Da_Lunge_Fish)

Disagree: 4 (DarkDragonMedeus, XSOULOFCINDERX, YuriAkuto, AshenCrow777)

Ambivalent: 5(Warren_Valion, Antvasima, Matthew_Schroeder, Starter_Pack, Ionliosite)

No more 5-A Calamity Ganon/scaling:
Agree: 8 (Warren_Valion, Antvasima, Matthew_Schroeder, Slacjow, Starter_Pack, Ionliosite, Dargoo_Faust, Da_Lunge_Fish)

Disagree: 4 (DarkDragonMedeus, XSOULOFCINDERX, Lgamer099_99, AshenCrow777)

Ambivalent: 4 (YuriAkuto, The_real_cal_howard, LephyrTheRevanchist, Dust_Collector)

No more 4-C Zant/scaling - Accepted
Agree: 15 (Warren_Valion, Antvasima, Matthew_Schroeder, DarkDragonMedeus, Da_Lunge_Fish, XSOULOFCINDERX, YuriAkuto, The_real_cal_howard, Starter_Pack, Lgamer099_99, I'm_Blue_daba_dee_daba_die, AshenCrow777, LephyrTheRevanchist, Ionliosite, Dargoo_Faust)

Disagree: 0

Ambivalent: 0

No more Tier 2/3 Majora/scaling
Agree: 7 (Warren_Valion, Antvasima, Matthew_Schroeder, Starter_Pack, LephyrTheRevanchist, Dargoo_Faust, Da_Lunge_Fish)

Disagree: 2 (YuriAkuto, Ionliosite)

Ambivalent: 5 (DarkDragonMedeus, XSOULOFCINDERX, The_real_cal_howard, Lgamer099_99, AshenCrow777)

No more automatic Class T Lifting Strength for any old Gauntlet/Glove - Topic was delt with in another thread
Agree: 1 (Dargoo_Faust)

Disagree: 0

Ambivalent: 9 (Warren_Valion, Antvasima, Matthew_Schroeder, DarkDragonMedeus, Da_Lunge_Fish, XSOULOFCINDERX, YuriAkuto, AshenCrow777, Ionliosite)

Last edited:
EnderShadow/Hammerstrike/Starkiller asked me offsite to say he agrees with Warren. But about to write up my lengthy post no summarizing everything I can so far.

Sigh, I had spent and entire hour writing 6 paragraphs and I accidently hit a wrong key when I was trying to copy paste. So now I have to do everything all over again.

So regarding the Bombs, I do have an 8-B and an 8-A calc to justify back up feats if the High 7-A feat gets rejected for reasons regarding outliers. However, they are indeed just regular bombs based on Bomb Flowers like Cal brought up. Same with the bombs that Link carries around in his inventory. So it would indeed scale to all those bombs. However, it would be nice if someone could calculate this feat. The Powder Keg Bombs are noticeably well above regular bombs and I doubt it would reach High 7-A, but it should be higher than the 8-A Bombs. And it could be an indicator of High 7-A being consistent. But I also have even more pointers. Bombs have been requirements to take out The Imprisoned and Vaati. So the fact that it has consistency of doing some significant damage to High 6-A foes shows some solid consistency. But I already discussed multiple times on multiple threads that most military weapons and especially firearms and explosives should be rated based on their own feats and calcs to avoid loopholes. It is paradoxical when bombs that have done massive damage to stronger foes are suddenly being back-scaled to foes who are supposed to be much weaker. But it shows High 7-A is a reasonable mid end, so I agree with Cal here and so does Ashen Crow.

I believe it was @TriforcePower1 who did the research, so I'll tag him for the 4-A Wind Fish thing.

Okay, people misunderstand me regarding Calamity Ganon. I'm not trying to "Shut down that discussion" like Starter Pack it sounds like he's accusing me of. I've actually started of as neutral but leaned towards agreeing with Azathoth about it being vague. But I though the new info implied Ganon does influence it as opposed to it being a naturally occurring event. However, it is being mentioned that a sealed Ganon is having his energy leaking out of the castle to effect the skies and the moon. This is obviously a passive feat as opposed to an active one. And it can be argued that he's simply causing a chain reaction, but a Lunar Eclipse doesn't happen every couple of days. And I don't see how it's a game mechanics when it's specifically stated in lore. But at the end of the day, it sounds like Calamity Ganon is accelerating the moon regardless which would be amping the kinetic energy of the Moon rotation around the Earth. The Kinetic energy of the moon moving was calculated at 5-A. I have no strong feeling and fine with Calamity Ganon and Ganondorf and those who scale from them being Moon level at bare minimum. But I'm personally leaning towards the 5-A feat actually being casual.

I think pretty much everyone agrees on the Zant feat being too vague.

Lifting strength stuff don't really need to be brought up any further; already taken care of on another thread.

I agree the Flurry Rush calc is whack. I have no idea how it even got that high. I see it piggy backing off some bullet timing calc and mixing perception with speed. The only feat is either calculating how fast Link swings his sword compared to how fast the lightning bolt strikes. Using this video as a reference. Or using how fast he moves in the lightning strike timeframe. He looks a lot slower than the lightning bolt for instance. And the 0.2 second timeframe; though 5 seconds in game. He only swings his sword several times. I see no idea how that's Massively Hypersonic, let alone Massively FTL. It appears Supersonic at best. But, the Relativistic to Relativistic+ feat via reacting to Beamos Beams and Light Arrows are fine. I also heard AshenCrow had other plans for other upgrades which seem reasonable, but I'll wait for those to be made.

And finally, there's Majora and the Universal stuff. Termina is definitely a Universe since it literally says Parallel Universe and Alternate Reality. But it's vague whether or not Majora actually created it or if it's destroyed when Majora dies. But he does still warp and corrupt the Heavens, Space, and Time. Which is definitely a Universal+ range feat and a hax feat. He also has his back up High 4-C feat, so I'm fine if his statements aren't enough to be strait up Universal. But, he should be High 4-C at bare minimum. And honestly, the Majora scaling has at least been easier to explain than the Complete triforce example. At least Termina has alternate reality or Parallel Universe statements. Sacred Realm has Alternate Dimension and parallel World statements, but world or dimension meaning universe have always been weak arguments. Yes, they can mean universe, but we'd have to use the 7 bullet statements I layed out above. And I think it was people like Paradox and Elizhaa who brought up other points for Universal Majora.

That's all I got to say for now.

Not sure how relevant this is but I wanted to talk about the blood moon thing.

Thats not how blood moons work chief.
Blood moons aren’t caused by movement closer of further from the sun, they are caused when the only light that reaches them is red due to earth’s atmosphere filtering out all of the other colors. This happens when the earth gets directly between the moon and sun. The moon being closer has nothing to do with the red color. This is further enforced by the statements that he “stains the sky red.” Just because something looks closer, doesn’t mean it is in a game. It was likely just for effect. The devs didn’t mean to tell us that he moved the moon, an instead just making it look more frightening.

I said nothing about the moon getting closer to the Earth, only about the Moon rotating around the Earth at faster rates.

I am going to ignore the calc stuff since that is nowhere near my area of expertise, same thing with the Wind Fish.

The only thing I really care about here is the Majora and the Calamity Ganon feat - since they were things I wanted to talk about in a CRT, but was too lazy/hesitant to do so myself.

I'll start with the Majora statement.

I absolutely 100% agree that Termina is a parallel universe to Hyrule's - the number of statements stating this is staggering and you would have to be blind to not see this. Although I think the wording is still a little too vague, I would be fine with universe+ range and corruption. My only problem is 3-A to Low 2-C AP. I do not support this notion for the reasons I have made clear in the previous posts. High 4-C Majora, however, is solid.

Next off is your comment on the Blood Moon, now I will keep this brief since honestly, I am so tired of arguing and debating, but I love Zelda too much to just let this go.

When you say this, "However, it is being mentioned that a sealed Ganon is having his energy leaking out of the castle to effect the skies and the moon."

And this, "And I don't see how it's a game mechanics when it's specifically stated in lore."

I need to ask this, but where? Where is the lore that specifies that Ganon is controlling, whether or actively or passively, the moon?

Go to my previous comments, I posted the guide description and even the quotes from Hino (The NPC who talks to you about the Blood Moon), and nothing ever states that Ganon is moving the moon or that the moon moves during the Blood Moon, or anything like that.

That's my entire problem with the feat. There is no indication, in the game or lore, that Ganon is moving the moon whatsoever, that's why I argue it's Game Mechanics. The only thing that is stated to be happening is that Ganon's energy is leaking out of the castle, paints the sky (and evidently the moon as well from the perspective of those on Earth), and revives the dead monsters. No lunar or celestial machinations whatsoever are mentioned anywhere in any source. The 'Blood Moon' isn't even the whole name, it's 'The Night of the Blood Moon'. Emphasis on 'night', because that is what Ganon's energy is affecting, the night sky, not the moon.

And if there is lore that states that he is moving the moon, believe me, I would love to see it so I can shut up about this topic.

I said nothing about the moon getting closer to the Earth, only about the Moon rotating around the Earth at faster rates.
I-I wasn’t responding to that. I just was adding my 2 cents. I started writing that before your comment was uploaded.
I agree with the notion that the blood moon is not caused by movement of the moon

I got no counter arguments against Majora, but all I'm saying is this. I did not saying Calamity Ganon was controlling the moon, far from it. More like he couldn't control his energy because he's too strong for his own mind. It's definitely more passive rather than active. But I thought other people stated the Night of the Blood Moon becoming a weekly thing was due to the existence of Calamity Ganon. NPC characters besides Zelda or other Sages aren't really the most reliable sources. Though if Zelda or Sages or spirits described things, they may know more details.

Well, we do know that Blood Moons IRL doe cause the sky to become Red. And the book does state it's Calamity Ganon who paints the sky red, but it doesn't explain how. So they're more like puzzle pieces if anything. The game shows the "The Night of the Blood Moon" paints the sky red and revives all the monsters. And the guidebook says Calamity Ganon does it instead of the Blood Moon. So that's either just a really big conscience, or Calamity Ganon is the reason Blood Moons happen; implying he does cause to via altering reality in some way or form.

I got no counter arguments against Majora, but all I'm saying is this. I did not saying Calamity Ganon was controlling the moon, far from it. More like he couldn't control his energy because he's too strong for his own mind. It's definitely more passive rather than active. But I thought other people stated the Night of the Blood Moon becoming a weekly thing was due to the existence of Calamity Ganon. NPC characters besides Zelda or other Sages aren't really the most reliable sources. Though if Zelda or Sages or spirits described things, they may know more details.

Well, we do know that Blood Moons IRL doe cause the sky to become Red. And the book does state it's Calamity Ganon who paints the sky red, but it doesn't explain how. So they're more like puzzle pieces if anything. The game shows the "The Night of the Blood Moon" paints the sky red and revives all the monsters. And the guidebook says Calamity Ganon does it instead of the Blood Moon. So that's either just a really big conscience, or Calamity Ganon is the reason Blood Moons happen; implying he does cause to via altering reality in some way or form.
I am not saying that Ganon is actively trying to control the moon, I am saying that any information on the moon moving closer to the Earth whatsoever is never mentioned in the lore.

Also, Hino's entire character is about studying the Blood Moon - he should definitely be a reliable source. And everything he says is restated in the guide, so it seems credible enough to me.

All I am asking is evidence that in the lore, the moon moves closer to the Earth during the Blood Moon. Not whether nor Ganon causes the Blood Moon or is actively trying to control the moon for some unknown nefarious reason.

Everything I have seen from my own research hasn't proven this to me, and you think, if the damn moon was moving closer to the planet, it would be mentioned by NPCs or guides that describe and talk about the Blood Moon - but it isn't.

That is the reason why I think it is just game mechanics, likely for special effects or maybe even that the moon's position is a trigger for the cutscene to replay.

I think that's all I really have to say on the matter, I would prefer to not continue an endless debate of circular argumentation ad infinitum.

So I am going to stop here.

Again, there's no statement about the moon moving closer to the Earth; that's not how a Blood Moon works. The Moon orbits around the Earth similar to how the Earth rotates around the Sun. What's actually being implied is that the moon orbits at a faster rate than normal because of Calamity Ganon's infuence.

But where is the implication?

Even if the moon doesn't physically get closer and only rotates faster and appears to get closer like you say - where is the evidence of that?

Also, would that even be the same level feat anymore?

Again, there's no statement about the moon moving closer to the Earth; that's not how a Blood Moon works. The Moon orbits around the Earth similar to how the Earth rotates around the Sun. What's actually being implied is that the moon orbits at a faster rate than normal because of Calamity Ganon's infuence.
The calc that we use assumes that the moon moves forward using angsizing, which is not supported by literally anything.

Obviously, it doesn't take many years for a Blood Moon to happen like that like how a Blood Moon normally happens; it literally happens every couple of days just to revive all the monsters in Hyrule Link kills. And Creating a Champion Page 406 mentions that it's his malice that stains the sky and the moon red.

Obviously, it doesn't take many years for a Blood Moon to happen like that like how a Blood Moon normally happens; it literally happens every couple of days just to revive all the monsters in Hyrule Link kills. And Creating a Champion Page 406 mentions that it's his malice that stains the sky and the moon red.
No, it doesn't.

It says this:

"Even though Calamity Ganon is actively being suppressed by Princess Zelda, its power still bleeds out onto Hyrule and occasionally causes a phenomenon known as 'Night of the Red Moon' or, simply, the Blood Moon. Ganon's Malice stains the sky a deep red, and the monsters that Link has slain return. Any effort Link puts into reclaiming a territory from the monsters is an exercise in futility. Their forces will inevitably return. In order to ensure that the people of Hyrule are safe, the source of evil, Calamity Ganon, must be defeated."

latest

There is no mention that Ganon's Malice is affecting the moon whatsoever, which is my entire argument.

The moon only looks red because the sky is painted in a red veil of Ganon's Malice, there is no proof that Ganon's magic is affecting the moon. If there was, I wouldn't be here right now.

Honestly, for the record, I feel the fact that its been established Termina is an alternate Universe, Majora does in fact effect it in its entirety including space and time, and that it is destroyed after his death implying he was responsible for maintaining it, is sufficient proof for low 2-C Majora. Kid Link temporarily maintaining it till he leaves (likely partly because he has a piece of tri-force) really is not that outlandish, he's a kid but he went through the events of OOT and has a piece of the most powerful item in the franchise. At the very least I would recommend leaving in a likely or possibly low 2-C with the current reasoning, since not even acknowledging the fact he has multiple things implying that he might have that level of power would be dishonest.

Honestly, for the record, I feel the fact that its been established Termina is an alternate Universe, Majora does in fact effect it in its entirety including space and time, and that it is destroyed after his death implying he was responsible for maintaining it, is sufficient proof for low 2-C Majora. Kid Link temporarily maintaining it till he leaves (likely partly because he has a piece of tri-force) really is not that outlandish, he's a kid but he went through the events of OOT and has a piece of the most powerful item in the franchise. At the very least I would recommend leaving in a likely or possibly low 2-C with the current reasoning, since not even acknowledging the fact he has multiple things implying that he might have that level of power would be dishonest.
Except those quotes aren't connected to one another whatsoever.

Majora transformed and already existing parallel universe into the land of Termina, the context states this was done by adding people, buildings, and history. Not recreating reality on a 3-A or Low 2-C level at all.

Majora's "cursed guise" having "influence" over things like space and time, doesn't prove completely control over a 3-A to Low 2-C reality whatsoever.

And no, one piece of the Triforce is not sufficient enough to maintain an entire universal space-time continuum, that's nonsense.

If you break down everything that is written, nothing implies that Majora's power is on that level.

The context of these quotes is what matters here.

My Cross-Examination
  • Phantom Hourglass Cannons
  • Wind Fish
    • Researching in progress.
    • In-Game Quotes
      • "TO THE FINDER... THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY... A SCENE ON THE LID OF A SLEEPER'S EYE... AWAKE THE DREAMER, AND KOHOLINT WILL VANISH MUCH LIKE A BUBBLE ON A NEEDLE... CASTAWAY, YOU SHOULD KNOW THE TRUTH! ... ... ... ... What? Illusion?" — Writing on the Wall (Link's Awakening DX)
      • "... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... I AM THE WIND FISH... LONG HAS BEEN MY SLUMBER... IN MY DREAMS... AN EGG APPEARED AND WAS SURROUNDED BY AN ISLAND, WITH PEOPLE, ANIMALS, AN ENTIRE WORLD! ... ... ... ... BUT, VERILY, IT BE THE NATURE OF DREAMS TO END! WHEN I DOST AWAKEN, KOHOLINT WILL BE GONE... ONLY THE MEMORY OF THIS DREAM LAND WILL EXIST IN THE WAKING WORLD... SOMEDAY, THOU MAY RECALL THIS ISLAND... THAT MEMORY MUST BE THE REAL DREAM WORLD... ... ... ... ... COME, Link ... LET US AWAKEN... TOGETHER!!" — Wind Fish (Link's Awakening DX)
      • "Our world? So what is the world that we are in now? What is this place..." — Tetra (Phantom Hourglass)
  • Calamity Ganon and the Blood Moon
    • In-Game Quotes
      • "Whenever the clock strikes midnight on unlucky nights, the sky turns blood red. That's the blood moon. When that happens, monsters come back to life, no matter how many times you've defeated them. It's happened for so long now that no one really pays it any mind, but I have no plans to give up on my research." — Hino (Breath of the Wild)
      • "... Link... Link... Be on your guard. Ganon's power grows...it rises to its peak under the hour of the blood moon. By its glow, the aimless spirits of monsters slain in the name of the light return to flesh. Link...please be careful." — Zelda (Breath of the Wild)
    • In-Game Events
      • The sky turning red at 11:50 PM also occurs when Dark Beast Ganon reveals its core, allowing Link to deal the final blow.
      • A Panic Blood Moon can occur at any time of day and is otherwise no different than a naturally occurring blood moon.
    • Verdict: Based on the above, Calamity Ganon's power fluctuates. When at peak power, he causes the Blood Moon. He causes the Blood Moon shows up at any time in the day. At the very least, Calamity Ganon should be second only to Demise and above his imprisoned form.
  • Zant
    • "That shining sphere illuminates this world. It's called a Sol. It's like the sun of your world, Link." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
    • Verdict: Since the Sols are located in temples and not outer space, Large Star level would not apply.
  • Majora
    • Researching in progress.
    • In-Game Quotes
    • Nintendo Player's Guide - The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
    • Zelda Encyclopedia
      • "When a Skull Kid steals Majora's Mask from a traveling mask salesman, the combination of the Skull Kid's burdened heart and the evil magic within Majora's Mask transforms the world into the land of Termina." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36)
      • "Termina is a parallel world with its own distinct culture, which is perhaps influenced by Majora's ancient tribe. This land is also inhabited by races and people similar to those found in Hyrule, which were constructed from the Skull Kid's memories and delusions." (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 36)

Last edited:
Firestorm808 is very systematic and matter-of-fact analytical as usual. He seems to make sense to me.

I really don't have a lot of time, so I'm just going to address some of those points.

Bombs in Phantom Hourglass are identical to other bombs in the Zelda series because every bomb is just the bomb flower.

For the Wind Fish, is feat is completely legit. The Mismagius feat is just one of the many outliers in Pokémon, even assuming it's legit. It's never mentioned that he only dreams of the island, only that Koholint is the only landmass, which makes sense when you consider that the dreamer is the Wind FISH. "TO THE FINDER... THE ISLE OF KOHOLINT, IS BUT AN ILLUSION... HUMAN, MONSTER, SEA, SKY" It's explicitly said that the sky is part of the Wind Fish's dream. Plus the Wind Fish itself, in an escalating fashion, says "IN MY DREAMS... AN EGG APPEARED AND WAS SURROUNDED BY AN ISLAND, WITH PEOPLE, ANIMALS, AN ENTIRE WORLD!", supporting the fact that there's more than just the island.

About Calamity Ganon's feat, I agree with DDM. The real-world example you brought up is completely different from how the Blood Moon works anyway.

Is Paradox still in the wiki? He is the guy who did the Majora upgrade, so he may help.

Zant's feat is too vague, that much is true. I've always disagreed about that feat being legit anyway.

"I absolutely 100% agree that Termina is a parallel universe to Hyrule's - the number of statements stating this is staggering and you would have to be blind to not see this. Although I think the wording is still a little too vague, I would be fine with universe+ range and corruption. My only problem is 3-A to Low 2-C AP. I do not support this notion for the reasons I have made clear in the previous posts. High 4-C Majora, however, is solid."

So you agree that Termina is a parallel universe, but Majora somehow isn't 3-A or Low 2-C? I mean even if you exclude the "Majora created it" and suchlike from guidebooks; the whole point of the game is that he'll destroy Termina if you don't stop him (with the famous game over showing that he actually can do it). It's like the most direct feat of AP possible.

Btw I agree with Ganon downgrade actually.

Could Majora be one of those characters that have separate creation and physical attack potency statistics? It would make it much less of an outlier for Link to have defeated him.

Could Majora be one of those characters that have separate creation and physical attack potency statistics? It would make it much less of an outlier for Link to have defeated him.
Link canonically defeated it with the Fierce Diety Mask, a power up never used ever again in the series, which is given by Majora itself and has no anti-feats for this. There's really no outlier with this.

Also Majora technically tank Termina's destruction by its own moon in the game over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back