• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mass of all Continents on Earth?

A simple question, what would be considered the mass of all the continents on earth all together In kg? If there is not concrete answer, what would be the closest, trusted estimate?

If you take the area of all the continents, add them up, you get 143814084 km2 or 1.43814084e+14 m2. Average elevation above sea level for a continent is 838 m. Multiplying that together you get a volume of 1.205162e+17 m3. Basic density of continental crust is 2700 kg/m3 so a total mass of 3.2539374e+20 kg.
Ehh i mean this is only the upper part. If we're talking about a feat of, let's say, moving a continent, it likely has something to do with tectonic plates, which go way deeper

What if it were a feat where someone pushes aside a beings who’s body was the size of all continents in a mere infinitesimal measurement of time? Would that be kinetic energy?
KE rules wouldn't work in infinitesimal time since that breaks the laws of KE.

If he pushed it at, let's say, 30% Relativistic and that speed appears in the feat then you can use KE.

KE rules wouldn't work in infinitesimal time since that breaks the laws of KE.

If he pushed it at, let's say, 30% Relativistic and that speed appears in the feat then you can use KE.
Ah, i should have remembered that, but this could at least give a value in speed needed to push something like that out of the way as well as perform other tasks, and said character would scale anyway to other universal or higher being, it would have been nice to see some physical applications.

What do you mean?
hehe.

the OP just caught my eye and I just found it funny. don't mind me.

The calc done here is fine. Is that all you wanted? The mass of all continents? Do you also want to know how much energy it took to move those continents?

hehe.

the OP just caught my eye and I just found it funny. don't mind me.

The calc done here is fine. Is that all you wanted? The mass of all continents? Do you also want to know how much energy it took to move those continents?
No I got it, thanks, and I found out what I am looking for in energy too.

Back