• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Marvel: Cosmo Profile Rework

WeeklyBattles

VS Battles
Retired
Since my rework for Ego went so well, i figured i'd do another one for a character who needs some love, Cosmo (Marvel)

Cosmorender
Think you can bite harder than Russian dog? Think again.
Summary
Cosmo is a telepathic Russian space dog who serves as the Head of Security of Knowhere in the Marvel Comics universe. This character was created as a reference to Laika by Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning, and first appeared in Nova vol. 4 #7. Cosmo is the security chief of the space station Knowhere, and a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy. He has proven to be an invaluable ally to the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Powers and Stats
Tier: 9-A, 4-B with Telekinesis

Name: Cosmo

Origin: Marvel Comics

Age: Unknown, possibly in his late fifties (Russia primarily tested space flight on dogs in the 1950s and 1960s)

Classification: Telepathic Russian space-dog, Cosmonaut, Chief of security on Knowwhere

Powers and Abilities: Longevity, Enhanced Senses (Superhuman sense of smell and hearing, as well as the ability to telepathically sense other strong-minded beings), Telepathy (Which also works on robots, such as Vision), Telekinesis (Can make telekinetic blasts, lift and throw things), Energy Projection (Can project psionic force bolts which have no physical effects but can affect a victim's mind so as to cause the victim pain or unconsciousness, force them to suffer from a stroke, or turn someone brain-dead), Forcefield Creation (Can create telekinetic barriers), Illusion Creation (Can create realistic and very detailed illusions and cause people to experience events which are not actually occurring), Perception Manipulation (Can alter the apparent physical appearance of himself and other people by altering the perceptions of those around him, such as making himself appear dead in someone's mind and manipulating the target of someone's attacks into a monster), Invisibility (Can make himself and others appear invisible, can mask his presence and the use of his abilities from being detected by other psions and psychic entities and can extend these defenses to others around him), Mind Manipulation (Can control the thoughts and actions of others such asforcing people to stop fighting, read minds, and telepathically sedate his victims so that, if already rendered unconscious, they remain so for as long as he continues to sedate them), Fear Manipulation (Can use his telepathy to make opponents experience their greatest fears), Resistance to Mind Manipulation (His Telepathy is strong enough to grant him a passive resistance to Abyss' mental influence, which turns sentient life-forms into meat puppets under its control)

Attack Potency: Small Building level (Physically on par with Rocket), Solar System level with Telekinesis (Knocked back and defeated Adam Warlock, Defeated Starlord, Rocket, Gamora, Mantis, Drax, Quasar, Adam Warlock, and the Luminals with one telekinetic blast, While weakened by telekenesis-dampening poison he was able to temporarily restrain Skaar, Quasar and Silver Surfer are scared of him), Many of his abilities ignore conventional durability

Speed: SuperHuman

Lifting Strength:
Unknow Physically, At least SuperHuman with Telekinesis

Striking Strength: Small Building Class

Durability:
Small Building level, Solar System level with Telekinetic Barriers

Stamina: High

Range: Standard melee range, At least several kilometers with powers

Standard Equipment: Nothing notable

Intelligence: Extremely high. A high level telepath and Chief of Security for Knowhere, a multi-dimensional scientific research station.

Weaknesses: Powerful telepaths can see through his telepathic cloak, telepaths stronger than himself can block out his influence and disable him

Feats:

Thats about it, feel free to take a look and give input on things that need adjusting, lets get this page fixed up.

I think this is all O K , but I think that the links makes the profile unnecesarily big.

You could add them in another section of the profile, like in Feats or Notable Attacks/Techinques.

I don't know if I'd rate Cosmo's AP as 4-B. Isn't his psionic power's whole deal that it can basically cause someone incredible pain, restrain them, or knock them unconscious without physically doing anything? It's more hax than raw power.

Phoenix821 said:
Nice looks good. What will you work in next?
Dunno, i was thinking about Carnage but he's got a lot of story and im trying to get through characters who i can read up on in a few days rather than a week or two

@Weekly

But his TK isn't physical damage, is it? Every time he's hurt a 4-B character, it's through his psionic power, which ignores durability. It doesn't matter how much stronger Cosmo's opponent is physically if his mind is stronger.

Yes, it is, he's physically knocked back people with his telekinesis. And no, All of the scans of him harming people in his AP section are him hurting people with Telekinesis, not mind hax, him hurting people with mind hax are in his feats section at the bottom of the page

His psionic powers and his telekinesis are two different things

WeeklyBattles said:
Dunno, i was thinking about Carnage but he's got a lot of story and im trying to get through characters who i can read up on in a few days rather than a week or two
May I suggest Kalama Khan? Been hearing lots of praises about her character. She's quite recent as well

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes, it is, he's physically knocked back people with his telekinesis. And no, All of the scans of him harming people in his AP section are him hurting people with Telekinesis, not mind hax, him hurting people with mind hax are in his feats section at the bottom of the page
His psionic powers and his telekinesis are two different things
But there's no scan of him hurting a 4-B with TK in his AP section?

Was also wondering shouldn't he have a key for the Infinity Gauntlet? ( cause didn't he use it in a major storyline)

This is about Cosmo, no Adam.

Weekly, I said to you that you should fix Adam, and you said "nuh", now look at this now...

(Triggered)

Nuh? When did i say that? :p

I'll fix Adam at some point, this is a process people and Adam has a TON of story to go through

Telekinesis is the one thing that isnt Hax for Cosmo

Hell characters have broken through his Telekinesis and TK barriers before with physical power

Our Marvel pages are largely outdated in general, yes.

Anyway, I never had the impression that Cosmo was this powerful going by memory, but I suppose that the scans speak for themselves.

It is best if you ask Matthew and Sandman31 to tell you what they think about this though.

@Ant Physically he isnt all that strong and most of his abilities are hax based, the only offensive ability he has that can be quantified in AP is his Telekinesis which has consistently damaged and defeated 4-B characters

Make sense I guess

Though I dont think Surfer is genuinely scared of him given the context of the scene, I think Cosmo even commented on how SS's mind is armored

Weekly seems to make sense but if we're not going to count it as AP I think we should at least mention that this dura negating hax has repreated worked on 4-Bs.

Back