• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario vs Sonic vs Kirby: Gaming Big 3 Battle Royale

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
MmarKirbrSonc

The epic clash between 3 of gaming's most iconic characters. This isn't to be added to profiles like Dragon's Tier Battle Royales.

Click on the face of whichever character whose profile you want to visit in the picture above.

Conditions:

All are at their 4-A stats.

Speed is Equalized

Standard Battle Assumptions

Current Tally:

Mario: 0

Sonic: 1

Kirby: 9

Inconclusive: 0

Who goes out first? Who wins and why? Emphasis on and why. Please don't just say "___ wins via hax" and call it a day. Actually explain what powers someone has that'd let them win and how if you want your vote to be counted. Thank you.

Kirby has effective Hax like Void Manipulation and Information Manipulation, which in case he could hit Mario and Sonic, could cause in its automatic ends. Despite this, Sonic and Mario have Time Manipulation, an equally effective Hax that Kirby does not have, which in the case would serve similarly to Higher-Dimensional Manipulation (considering that time = fourth dimension, which is a higher-dimension in relation to the third-dimension), besides that it is almost impossible to stop a being that can go back and forth in time. I also do not see a big advantage between Mario and Sonic, they are very evenly balanced. Kirby also seems to be on high-end of Multi-Solar System, so even with Time Manipulation it would be difficult for Mario and Sonic to defeat him because of his increased durability, while once Kirby could harm them, they would be dead. Since Kirby could defeat them more easily than Mario and Sonic would have to beat him.

I'm leaning towards Kirby due to the apparent higher AP and durability.

Well, both Mario and Sonic have Time Manipulation, but Sonic's super form has a time limit, so once it runs out, he will end up back at 7-B, so once that happens he will be the first to go. Sonic's best bet, Chaos Control, can only stop time temporalily, and sending Mario or Kirby to the sun wouldn't be able to finish them.

Mario and Kirby both have some powerful hax (Mario's powerups, especially the Invisibility Cap and the Gold Flower; Kirby's powerups and inhale ability), but in the end Mario has a way around a lot of Kirby's abilities. A lot of their powerups are similar, and even Ghost Kirby might not be enough to finish him, as Mario has hurt intangible beings before (Boos), so he could stop Kirby from possessing him. The Gold Flower can also kill Boos, so he could just use that to finish off Kirby. However, Kirby does appear to be on a higher level of 4-A than both Mario and Sonic, which would give him a huge edge over both of them.

Overall, Sonic would likely be the first to go, and I really am not sure who wins between Mario and Kirby, with the former having a hax advantage, and the latter being superior in raw power.

Kirby>Sonic>Mario.

Mario: He does not have many abilities for his own compared to the other two. He obligatorily requires his items to have a minimal variety of movements and when he run out of them he will be dead, his physical strength will be useless in a battle determined by haxing.

Most of his abilitys are based on a element, weapon or just let him fly ( which his opponents have and more ) and his his best items like the golden flower, star, metal cap, giant mushroom and boo mushroom have time limit. I just simply can't see Mario winning.

Sonic: Unlikely Mario, Sonic have many ability in his moveset, has many transformations which can boost his stats and the same powerups as Mario and even more like gravity, electricity, explotion, absorption manipulation and teleportation, the problem is that most of them have time limit which is a pity.

But due to his transformations and own movements that Mario lacks, put him in par with Kirby.

Kirby: Finally we have the puffball, while he are on par with Sonic in the department on hax, he just ate the last cake here.

Has various elemental manipulation, animal manipulation, has weapon mastery and more, can copy the strengh of his foes, can combine his own abilities, upgrade them via robobot armor and final weapons, can summon partner, can inhale everything with miracle fruit, has immortality, resistance to reality warping, possession, magic and spatial manipulation, (pufffm, i'm tired) and does not need to worry about a time limit -w-.

I'm Leaning to Kirby.

Kirby first, Mario second, Sonic third. It's all a matter of versatility, and as a 4-A, Kirby has the most (by far), followed up with Mario's arsenal of power ups, but Sonic's one powerful is needed as to not get him one-shot, and don't quote me on this, but it doesn't stack up.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Kirby for having too much hax and abilities
"Emphasis on and why. Please don't just say "___ wins via hax" and call it a day. Actually explain what powers someone has that'd let them win and how"

Kirby matches every single one of their abilities and then some. He can go Hypernova and eat every single atack (along with them) and then they're screwed, as he can just use his Void Manipulation to do them in.

Alright. You and the other peoples' votes have been added.

Newendigo said:
For some tremendously weird reason, every time i get in to this thread a strange music start to sound.
I programmed the thread to play music.

I think that Kirby wins, Mario second and Sonic third. Sonic can be on pair with Mario and Kirby, the problem is that he has a time limit. Mario can give a lot of problems to Kirby with the Golden Flower or his time manipulation, but Kirby has a lot more powers, and he is also in the high-end of 4-A.

@Aqua Battle theme from One Punch Man.

Kirby takes this via hax; and other reasons above. Mario probably is second place; Sonic's time limit does hurt him quite a bit. But in the end, Kirby wins.

Kirby for the reasons above, superior combat skills, Regenerationn and he does has time manipulation.

Kirby > Mario > Sonic

1. Kirby - Kirby wins above the two because of weapon mastery. His arsenal of weaponry is so expansive, that all of Mario and Sonic's abilities combined cannot match up with the maxium number. Not to mention, he can overpower both Mario and Sonic with a majority of his abilities.

2. Mario - Second is Mario, the plumber has a lot of toony and helpful power ups and abilities, but comparing the amount of it to Kirby's amount of abilities is neutered. But comparing it towards Sonic would whack him out of the park.

3. Sonic - Third would be Sonic. Comparing his arsenal to the other two does show some advantage, but not too much. If anything, the blue hedgehog would only use his ordinary attacks, and if valid, his super speed, but speed is equalized in this battle. And above all of that, in my perspective, Sonic's short tempered and cocky attitude would make him the first to lose.

Alright

3 Sonic: Got stomped badly in everything. In terms of hax, he is nowhere near comparable to Mario, most of his moveset includes physical combos such as kicks and etc, nothing special, really. He is the less strong, and he has the lowest AP and Durability. Sonc is also extremely arrogant and etc, so yeah.

2 Kirby

1 Mario

Now, Kirby vs Mario is really close. For luck speed is equalized, because if it wasn't, Mario should speedblitz. Kirby has a superior hax advantage, AP and Dura, but he's kind of an idiot and tends to not fight seriously. Mario has also more stamina, more combat experience, is smarter and is a better hand-to-hand fighter. Mario has also SEVERAL hax that can counter Kirby's ones, and he has OP items from Legend of the Seven Stars. For example, Pure Water can one-shot ghosts and etc, Earlier Times can reset the battle if Mario loses, and, Mario will also remember everything about the opponent, having a knowledge advantage. And he has FAR more. Because of his OP items, Mario wins.

Super Sonic because he is Nigh-Omnipresent(high end) because the Infinite powers of the Chaos Emeralds transformed Mephiles and Iblis from 3D to 4D so the Chaos Emeralds do have Infinite Power. The same power source that granted Solaris Nigh-Omnipresence can do the same to Super Sonic so my vote is for Sonic on this one.

Tier 2, Nigh-Omnipresent Sonic isn't a thing on the profiles and even if it were this thread is using his 4-A form on the "variable" power of his.

The Chaos Emeralds Powers vary depending on the users thoughts and powers and since Nigh-Omnipresence is an ability granted to Super Forms, he can be a Tier 4 Super state user with 4-A powers.

Sonic in this state does not have nigh-omnipresence. The only time he arguably shows that is during his "2-B state" against Solaris in Sonic 06. He isn't that fast in this form or match up.

Alright I'll leave that to Sera to sort out the Sonic characters profiles. With that being said I'll vote for Super Sonic via invulnerability.

Adamjensen2030 said:
Super Sonic because he is Nigh-Omnipresent(high end) because the Infinite powers of the Chaos Emeralds transformed Mephiles and Iblis from 3D to 4D so the Chaos Emeralds do have Infinite Power. The same power source that granted Solaris Nigh-Omnipresence can do the same to Super Sonic so my vote is for Sonic on this one.

Honestly, i never get why Sonic during Solaris battle is nigh omnipresent. Sure, Solaris was in the past, present and future at the same time, but, i don' t get why they are. Remember, that was a dimensional rift, and Eggman stated that both past, present and future were "fused" because there was a distortion in the space-time. So, this isn't Nigh-Omnipresence t all. It can be just Time Travel or Space-Time Teleportation

Ryukama said:
Sonic in this state does not have nigh-omnipresence. The only time he arguably shows that is during his "2-B state" against Solaris in Sonic 06. He isn't that fast in this form or match up.
Why is he Nigh-Omnipresent? I think it was only Space-Tme teleportation or Time Travel. Mario already has time travel, so he can counter Super Sonic's one

ArceusBowser44 said:
Why is he Nigh-Omnipresent? I think it was only Space-Tme teleportation or Time Travel. Mario already has time travel, so he can counter Super Sonic's one
The Chaos Emeralds allowed Mephiles and Iblis to become Solaris as well as grant them Nigh-Omnipresence. Mario needed a Time machine to time travel.

Adamjensen2030 said:
ArceusBowser44 said:
The Chaos Emeralds allowed Mephiles and Iblis to become Solaris as well as grant them Nigh-Omnipresence. Mario needed a Time machine to time travel.
You never explained why Sonic is Nigh-Omnipresent however, since eh doesn't scale to Solaris.

No. Mario can time travel on his own. Yoshi's Island.

Also, Mario and kirby have invulnerability hax, so Super Sonic's invulnerability is useless

ArceusBowser44 said:
You never explained why Sonic is Nigh-Omnipresent however, since eh doesn't scale to Solaris.

Also, Mario and kirby have invulnerability hax, so Super Sonic's invulnerability is useless
Super Sonic has Time Manipulation, Flight, Energy Projection, Can manipulate Chaos Energy and pass his chaos energy onto others, allowing them to achieve Super States of their ow, Light Manipulation, can survive without oxygen and in space...

Try not to assume that Mario and Kirby have stronger invulnerability hax than Super Sonic without proof okay. Just saying.

ArceusBowser44 said:

The Chaos Emeralds granted Mephiles and Iblis abilities to be Nigh-Omnipresent after transforming into Solaris so Super Sonic is Nigh-Omnipresent because of the Chaos Emeralds.

Too many assumptions and no explicit statements about Mario time traveling on his own. By that logic Sonic can time travel with his speed alone in Sonic CD but i'm not gonna use that since it's inconsistent.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_&_Luigi:_Partners_in_Time

In the future, Princess Peach, Toadiko, and Toadbert travel to the past via Professor E. Gadd's time machine, which is powered by the Cobalt Star. But when the device returns, it is occupied by a hostile alie, forcing Mario and Luigi to use a newly-formed time hole in the castlegardens to go to the past and find Peach.

Adamjensen2030 said:
ArceusBowser44 said:

Super Sonic has Time Manipulation, Flight, Energy Projection, Can manipulate Chaos Energy and pass his chaos energy onto others, allowing them to achieve Super States of their ow, Light Manipulation, can survive without oxygen and in space...
Try not to assume that Mario and Kirby have stronger invulnerability hax than Super Sonic without proof okay. Just saying.

^^^No!

Mario and Kirby have all the hax that Super S has, and even FAR better ones. Mario and Kirby are on a higher tier of 4-A, and they become stronger with their invulnerability powerups. So

Mario and Kirby Invulnerability>>>SUper Sonic one

ArceusBowser44 said:
^^^No!

Mario and Kirby have all the hax that Super S has, and even FAR better ones. Mario and Kirby are on a higher tier of 4-A, and they become stronger with their invulnerability powerups. So

Provide proof otherwise Vs Battles won't accept your vote. Vs Battles admins don't accept assumptions as votes.

Adamjensen2030 said:
ArceusBowser44 said:

The Chaos Emeralds granted Mephiles and Iblis abilities to be Nigh-Omnipresent after transforming into Solaris so Super Sonic is Nigh-Omnipresent because of the Chaos Emeralds.
Too many assumptions and no explicit statements about Mario time traveling on his own. By that logic Sonic can time travel with his speed alone in Sonic CD but i'm not gonna use that since it's inconsistent.

https://www.mariowiki.com/Mario_&_Luigi:_Partners_in_Time

In the future, Princess Peach, Toadiko, and Toadbert travel to the past via Professor E. Gadd's time machine, which is powered by the Cobalt Star. But when the device returns, it is occupied by a hostile alie, forcing Mario and Luigi to use a newly-formed time hole in the castlegardens to go to the past and find Peach.
Oh, okay. I got it. But the whole Solaris thing is an outlier and EXTREMELY inconsistent. Sonic can't be scaled to Solaris for a lot of reasons. Also, the events of Sonic 06 got erased, so techniqually, Sonic 06 never happened. So, no Nigh-Omnipresent Chaos Emeralds and no Nigh-Omnipresent Sonic. Solaris is Nigh-Omnipresent, because he only appeared in Sonic 06, so we must use Sonic 06 in order to calculate his power.

Mario has time travel. Again, Yoshi's Island. Metal has also explained to you once why Mario has time travel. Mario's profile also has Time Travel hax ON HIS OWN, so yeah, he can time travel

Adamjensen2030 said:
ArceusBowser44 said:
^^^No!

Provide proof otherwise Vs Battles won't accept your vote. Vs Battles admins don't accept assumptions as votes.

...Have you at least read my comment?! Mario's invulnerability is better than Sonic's one. Mario and Super Sonic are both 4-A, but Mario can amplificate his statistics with his invulnerability powerups, so he has better invulnerability

ArceusBowser44 said:
Oh, okay. I got it. But the whole Solaris thing is an outlier and EXTREMELY inconsistent. Sonic can't be scaled to Solaris for a lot of reasons. Also, the events of Sonic 06 got erased, so techniqually, Sonic 06 never happened. So, no Nigh-Omnipresent Chaos Emeralds and no Nigh-Omnipresent Sonic. Solaris is Nigh-Omnipresent, because he only appeared in Sonic 06, so we must use Sonic 06 in order to calculate his power.

Mario has time travel. Again, Yoshi's Island. Metal has also explained to you once why Mario has time travel. Mario's profile also has Time Travel hax ON HIS OWN, so yeah, he can time travel
No! The Solaris feat is not an outlier since The Chaos Emeralds granted Super Sonic it's powers it was not Base Sonic's own power. Also Sonic 06 is canon and while it did get retconned, the Sonic cast remember the events that happened thus the events did happen and it's canon since Sega confirmed everything to be canon.

Metal Mario875's explaination about Mario's time travel in Yoshi's Island is not time travel but disappearing or teleporting like what Goku does. Also Mario using time machines to time travel contradicts Mario time traveling on his own as you put it.

Back