• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
MarioVSuperman

Battle of the iconic superheroes in red and blue, Krypton's last son squares off against Mushroom Kingdom's finest plumber. Who wins and why?

Conditions:

Speed is Equalized

Mario is at his Small City low end and can't use power ups that would increase his stats or Battle Cards.

Current Tally:

Mario:

Superman:

@Cross lol yup

@Peter Yes. DCEU Superman.

@Matt what level of Regenerationn does he have and how fast can he heal?

From just reading the articles on both characters alone, I can say Mario seems to have superior stats overall(Higher Stamina, Higher Lifting, and a potentially higher striking strength.) Two things that may end up placing this fight as a stomp are Mario's potential island level durability(Durability ranges from small city to this), and Battle Cards. On his profile, two of the abilities that Battle Cards are said to have are Invulnerability and Time-Freezing. While the Invulnerability ability would be prone to NLF, I'm pretty confident it would work against a character of similar strength or less. Time-Freezing may make this match a complete stomp, and for the sake of fairness, I think they should be banned, along with multiple other abilities like Magic Weapons.

@Zian Mario is lowballed to his Small City stats, lifting strength is rather useless in fights unless it is scaled to AP, powers that increase his stats (like invulnerability) were banned already and stamina may give an advantage but is almost never a reason for a stomp.

I guess you make a point about Battle Cards making it a bit unfair tho.

@Ryu

Weakened Superman took a nuke to the face and became almost like a decaying corpse (His flesh / muscles were mostly destroyed), yet the rising sun at the distance for about 10 seconds was enough to get him to full health.

Kind of really hard to say here. Reason being is that Mario's powerups does give him the versatility advantage but nothing that he can use to get around Supe's similar level of power and dura.

And going by Matt's comment on Supes regen (what level is that by our scale btw?), Supes could win this + with regen and maybe heat vision if Mario doesn't permanently take him down...then again, he actually has an equal chance of beating him i think as well tho.

@Matt I'm sorry but that doesn't really seem all that impressive. Superman doesn't have any of his body severed or torn off. Or even any cuts.

Just an extremely frail looking face he manages to go back to normal rather quickly. I don't know what level that'd even qualify for.

@Matt nevermind then.

I don't entirely know if a "magic" hockey stick would exactly negate durability(Isn't Supes weak to Magic?), but Mario can reflect projectiles, so the heat vision is dealt with.

I don't think DCEU Supes has an established weakness to magic. At least not yet.

The profile itself may have made an assumption, but it said "He also holds more vulnerability to weapons of a magic, or divine origin". I don't think that a magical hockey stick would exactly count, but I think you guys should decide.

The closest thing we have to a confirmation that Supes is vulnerable to magic is Zack Snyder saying that Aquaman's trident can pierce his skin... But that hardly counts.

Back