• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mario Mario "Downgrade"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryukama

Joke Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Retired VSB Bureaucrat
Hello. I'm sorry, but after further thought I think the 2-C should just be removed from his profile.

• 1. The merging of the dimensions is totally inapplicable for combat.
  • 2. This rock isn't Mario's standard equipment or something he has. It's a MacGuffin that's passed around to numerous characters, Mario occasionally being one of them for brief periods of time. It's really Daisy's rock that she has most of the time.
  • 3. The rock itself isn't 2-C. Inserting the rock into the meteor is what triggers the event.
  • 4. Again, the meteor isn't within Mario's standard equipment. He specifically has to go to a chamber to access it and it's not like he can pick the meteor up or take it anywhere with him. Mario never, ever had actual possession of the meteor needed to actually do the 2-C event.
  • 5. Mario in character would never use the rock and meteor for this purpose. The entire movie was him trying to stop Koopa from using it for that purpose.
  • 6. If Mario actually tried doing this he'd get instantly killed by the energy let off by the merging. Like what happened to Lena. Only Daisy can properly unite the two objects.
So we're giving Mario a 2-C rating based off an object that isn't his which he only occasionally held on to, said object that not actually being able to perform 2-C feats unless reuinted with another object Mario never had possession of, and Mario in character never ever going to use it for this purpose, and if he did it'd instantly kill him.

This is like rating Bulma as 5-B because she briefly had a Namekian Dragon Ball, even though she never had all 7 actually needed to summon Porunga, would never be able to obtain all 7 (at least not practically) and would never use Porunga to create a planet, with the planet creation being inapplicable for combat. And if hypothetically wishing for Porunga to create a planet killed her.

If the object is still decided to be kept on his profile, at least note all this in his page so people stop putting him up against legitamate Tier 2s.

This doesn't seem combat applicable at all, and if it was using this rock doesn't seem like it would be something specific to him, so its not like its his specific 2C feat so much as it is him using a 2C object. This seems like a good downgrade.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Reasonable and coming straight from the mouth of the guy who knows Mario.
I'm not Dino ovo

But thanks for the support.

Also the shard can have a profile specifying that it's 2-C when reunited with the meteor. I'm just starting to think it shouldn't be a thing on Mario's profile.

My mistake,

I forgot that this is the anime Mario. The one where Naruto wins over Weeb Peach

ArceusBowser44 said:
I mean, Bowser was literally stated to merge 2 dimensions anyway.
Mario beating him sounds 2-C indeed...
Did you read the OP? Everything about Mario being 2-C was refuted.

Koopa didn't merge the 2 dimensions with his own power. He did so by reuniting the rock with the meteor.

It's like if someone beat up Trump before he could press a nuclear button, and rating that person as City level for it.

Wait, wasn't DiC responsible for Sonic SATAM and Sonic AOSTH? Are you saying they also made the Mario cartoon?

Talk about neutral, heh.

Hadou was referring to this movie which was not great, but actually pretty okay. Unlike this horrible monstrosity getting downgraded XD

I won't; to be fair, it is in the So Bad that it's good category. And it's not as bad as other movies based on video games.

Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton are still the best live-action and animated video game movies respectively.

Also, I wasn't talking about this movie when I said "Mario cartoon", but the Mario anime they made back in the early 90s. It was released in conjuction with the "Excuuuuuuuseeeeee me, princess" Zelda anime, if you know what I'm talking about.

I liked the movie, actually. The anime movie, not the 1993 one. XD I wish Nintendo would've adopted Hal into the canon, and them using the Triforce in the anime was funny to me. The whole movie was pretty funny, and the way they portrayed Mario's feelings towards Peach in a straight-forward manner made the ending kind of sad. XD Makes you feel sorry for both Bowser and Mario.

As for the OVA Mario anime, those things are trash.

I liked the Mario Cartoons, but the CDI games are what I consider sucky. Though, they're sadly the best CDI games. We don't talk about Flowers of Robert Mapplethorpe.

TheHadouCyberspaceWitch said:
As for the OVA Mario anime, those things are trash.
It's closest thing to an anime Mario, but the jap voices does not fit the characters, especially Bowser.

Bowser was literally a woman in one episode, and the second episode had a 10-C variant of Mario that was literally portrayed as being weak. The first episode was great, though. Mario was born from a literal peach that fell from outer space, Peach descended from Hammer Bros, and the same Hammer Bros raised Mario as Peach's adopted brother. Mario became an adult in less than a year, they ended up giving Mario a gun, and there was this one Clubba that joined Mario saying Bowser raped his planet, and the planets were all flat floating islands, pirate ships could sail through space, and Bowser's planet was Star Wars level futuristic, complete with a landing dock. The episode was great because of how weird it was. XD But the other two were trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back