• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Maou Gakuin Discussion Thread

The root that was torn into four pieces became eight, then sixteen, and the next moment it was split into thirty-two. It is a divine source that will never be destroyed, but because of this, the secret depths of the Zanshin Sword will split the source without limit.
Which chapter is this from?
I think this might be another case of out of context scans, but I could be wrong.

四つに裂かれた根源は八つに、それが一六になり、次の瞬間に三二に分割される。決して滅びぬ神の根源だが、それゆえに、斬神剣の秘奥が際限なくその根源を割っていく。

奴は根源が分割できなくなるまで、根源を斬り裂かれる責め苦を受け続けるだろう。

The source that was torn into four pieces became eight, then sixteen, and the next moment it was divided into thirty-two. It's the source of a god that will never perish, but therefore, the secret depths of the God Killing Sword will divide that source endlessly.

He will continue to suffer the torment of having his source torn apart until it can no longer be divided.

This statement was talking about Nousgalia. Nousgalia's source was already destroyed earlier in this arc, and it was later stated that all gods, obviously including Nousgalia, can regenerate from source destruction.
Shin decided to divide Nousgalia's source endlessly, and after that seal him away, instead of completely destroying his source because Nousgalia can just regenerate after complete source destruction.

I am not sure if withstanding your concept (source) being divided endlessly qualifies as resistance to concept manip, but the source divide thing seems more like an incap technique IMO.

The point is,Nousgalia confidently believed that his source would not be destroyed by Shin and he was surprised when Shin can successfully do that in his first attack to Nousgalia's source,which means Gods can resist conceptual destruction

Also "It's the source of a god that will never perish" only means that source being killed even once is impossible,it doesn't say something like "will never perish permanently"

The point is, Nousgalia confidently believed that his source would not be destroyed by Shin and he was surprised when Shin can successfully do that in his first attack to Nousgalia's source, which means Gods can resist conceptual destruction
It seems like you're just misinterpreting statements tbh.
IMO, this doesn't qualify for resistance to concept destruction.

Also "It's the source of a god that will never perish" only means that source being killed even once is impossible,it doesn't say something like "will never perish permanently"
Again, this statement is saying that this god, not his source, will never perish. And earlier statements about gods being immortal because they can regenerate after source destruction support this.

You're gonna need better evidence for this "gods resist concept destruction" theory than just this one statement with multiple interpretations.

The only thing that could possibly qualify for resistance to concept manip from the above statement is the following, and I still doubt it actually does:

I am not sure if withstanding your concept (source) being divided endlessly qualifies as resistance to concept manip, but the source divide thing seems more like an incap technique IMO.

"... haha .... The source of God is immortal ... never--gafu ... !!"
Immortal =/= indestructible.
This just further confirms what I've been saying all along. "The source of god is immortal" because gods can regenerate their source after complete source destruction, and not because their sources cannot be destroyed.

Explain why Jerga get 5A ? I don't find any feats that support it.
this is just my thoughts. but, in my opinion jerga should be 5A with him actually quite a challenging enemy in volumes 1-3. Rating "likely" or "possibly" in my opinion is still appropriate

this is just my thoughts. but, in my opinion jerga should be 5A with him actually quite a challenging enemy in volumes 1-3. Rating "likely" or "possibly" in my opinion is still appropriate
Private chat with me.

You're asking why Jerga get 5-A, but Jerga is not 5-A, it's 7-B.

Hah ? Yzak asks why did Jerga not get 5A, and I asked him why he thought Jerga got 5A.

can you read?

Guys, I'm starting to think that we could make a profile for the God Eques, I mean, it would be interesting how his Universal crush would play out in VS matches. Literally, being crushed by a 4-D force/Space-time continuoum.

Do you guys think the Anos range should be above baseline? I say this because IIRC deeper layers are somewhat inaccessible unless by X method, and the deepers it is the more inaccessible it becomes, so it would need more range than just normal 2-A? Although I know there's a problem with the 2-A range standards on the wiki right now, but it's just a question.

You can only get higher Range in 2-A with very specific mathematical theories mentioned in the source. Regardless of locations being inaccessible to each other or a proven scaling chain you won't get any high in 2-A.

unknown.png

when this come out

bois, what does "Venuz GG" means? It turns up at anos debates.
Basically ''haha, venuzdonoa was summoned, get lost''

Basically ''haha, venuzdonoa was summoned, get lost''
ah, basically it refers to venuz status as a "i ******* win" button.

Back