• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Mandela Catalogue: Why do we consider the Intruder an Alternate?

The_Impress

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired

Like the series hints that he isn't, noting that most people associate it as anything but, and I don't think its called one anywhere.

What's exactly the source for this?

I'm also curious since the video with it explicitly states the police don't believe it's an Alternate.

Well I know I'm not really a staff member here, but there are certain types of Alternates known as Doppelgangers, which are known to look exactly like certain people in order to stalk, psychologically assault, and kill their counterparts. So, the Intruder could be classified as a Doppelganger type Alternate, or he may be a Tulpas type Alternate, which are known to manifest in TVs or mirrors. And we tend to see the Intruder manifest TVs in the second volume.

I mean an Intruder isn't a counterpart of anything, and it can actively go for people that look nothing alike it, and in regards to Tulpas, they manifest in the mirrors, something we have never seen the Intruder do, no?

I mean an Intruder isn't a counterpart of anything, and it can actively go for people that look nothing alike it, and in regards to Tulpas, they manifest in the mirrors, something we have never seen the Intruder do, no?
Well no, we don't, but we do see him manifest himself in TVs. Like I said, Tulpas type Alternates are known to do that.

18:10, btw.

Last edited:
Its pretty much ambiguous seeing as the series is still ongoing, only 3 Types of Alternates were classified during "Intruder Alert" when the Intruder is first investigated by the authorities. The list was updated with 2 new Types of Alternates in 2005 after the statement that authorities ruled out Alternates in the events of that episode.
I don't believe tulpas are ever said to manifest in TVs tho :v
Tulpas had their entry on the types of Alternates heavily redacted
D8j_9GDsJFDej26szp9nYq0wZ3G8-BBA6gflG8SXJ3ZTSZbKWDH9DsQTx_RTETHBxiUWfJ8wdY7UNQ=s1600-nd-v1

Yeah so unless we get explicit clarification I feel it's improper to classify the Imposter as a Tulpa, since that'd be presumptuous of us.

I don't believe tulpas are ever said to manifest in TVs tho :v
@The_Impress Well, in this video it's verified "they exist on different spectrums", with "they" obviously referring to the Alternates. You can hear crying and the infant nowhere to be seen in the crib, thus implying the Intruder goes through televisions in order to kidnap children and infants whenever they watch certain TV shows. This later causes the suicides of the distraught parents.

Well, in this video it's stated "they exist on different spectrums", "they" obviously referring to the Alternates. Since the baby can be heard crying and is nowhere to be seen in the crib, this implies that the Intruder goes through televisions in order to kidnap children and infants whenever they watch certain TV shows.

I mean "they" can very well refer to the Intruder

I mean, doesn't Exhibition pretty much confirms this? We might not have direct clarification but there's solid evidences to back it up, since afawk the Intruder is the only entity that can appear in TVs and mirrors as of yet.

I'm pretty sure The Intruder is an alternate, because remember its abilities are somewhat similar to the Alternates.

I'm pretty sure The Intruder is an alternate, because remember its abilities are somewhat similar to the Alternates.
in "Intruder Alert", the higher ups of the Department of Temporal Phenomenon say that the intruder that mangles the mother's corpse was not an alternate

I think the profile needs to be edited a bit, it's almost certain that The Intruder/Six isn't a alternate and is just a anomalous entity who just helps the Alternates.

Back