• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Making a VBW multilanguage dictionary

I finished all the arabic translation I see in that blog thing. However, what does this "you are editing an out of date version..." warning thing that pops up when I edit mean?

I finished all the arabic translation I see in that blog thing. However, what does this "you are editing an out of date version..." warning thing that pops up when I edit mean?
Thank you for your help.

As you can see me mentioning in this thread, I added Velox's Indonesian translations when you were editing the page.

Also: it's a user space page, not a blog. Blogs can only be edited by their creators and admins, and they also have comment sections. User space pages do not have comment sections yet they can be edited by everyone (unless they are protected from editing).

Thank you for your help.

As you can see me mentioning in this thread, I added Velox's Indonesian translations when you were editing the page.

Also: it's a user space page, not a blog. Blogs can only be edited by their creators and admins, and they also have comment sections. User space pages do not have comment sections yet they can be edited by everyone (unless they are protected from editing).
You're welcome. Ok. If there's more terms then tell me so I can add them too.

• Verse = 韻文
  • Hyperverse = 超韻文
  • Outerverse = 外韻文
  • Comic book = 漫画の本
  • Lifting Strength = 持ち上げる強度
  • Striking Strength = 打撃強度 I guess?
  • Durability = 耐久性
  • Range = 範囲
  • Standard equipment = 標準装置
  • intelligence = 諜報
  • Weapon Mastery = 武器支配権
  • Manipulation = マニピュレーション
  • Statistics Amplification = 統計拡大
  • Power Nullification = パワー無効化
  • Self-Sustenance = iunno honestly.
  • Reality Warping = 現実ワーピング
Well, here's my piece, as you asked @Ogurtsow
—- Verse -—
“韻文” is only translated to a different meaning of ”verse” which is an opposite word of “散文 = prose”

I don’t think there’s a true definition of “verse” here since the Japanese word itself doesn’t seem to exist. If it’s a definition of ”different media/work franchises,” use “作品 = Works” if you want to define the verse where characters’ original appearance exist there.

—- Hyperverse -—
FRA, “韻文“ is not a word that means “one space universe”

And it basically can’t be translated to Japanese due to it being a made-up word so we call it “ハイパーバース = Hyperverse

—- Outerverse -—
Again, same reasons. So it’s best to express it in Katakana “アウターバース = Outerverse” due to it being a theoretical word.

—- Comic book -—
“漫画の本” just has similar meaning as “漫画 = Manga” even if you put “本 = book” on it.

海外コミック = Foreign Comics“ would suit better for the word “Comic book” if you want to describe comics that are only from foreign nations.

—- Lifting Strength -—
It feels weird when you try to stick 持ち上げる(verb) at 強度(noun) as like describing it into adjective-noun type of word.

揚力 = Lifting Power” could be better for expressing the definition of “Lifting Strength” better.

—- Striking Strength -—
You’ll only use “強度 = intensity” as strength measures of light, heat, building, etc.

打撃力 = Hitting Power” could also mean ‘the strength of hitting a ball with a bat’ or ‘the strength of hitting someone physically’

—- Durability -—
The translation itself is not wrong. But the word itself only describes the durability of products like clothes, wood materials, and such.

It’s better to translate 耐久性 into ”耐久力 = Durability” if you want to express the characters’ power of endurance instead of objects.

—- Range -—
範囲 = Range“ can be used at most magic abilities. “Range” normally has a lot of Japanese meanings, but one of this meanings will show up when using different weapons.

When measuring a meter of how far the arrow or the bullet can go, it’ll be called “射程距離 = (Firing) Range Distance

—- Standard Equipment -—
Weapons are not “装置 = devices” unless they are, and “標準 = Standard” is similar to “普通 Normal”, couldn’t resemble the constancy of owning original equipment (like Link’s Master Sword.)

基準装備 = Standard Equipment” is recommended when describing an equipment that characters tend to use on their storyline.
“基準” means “一定の標準 = constant standard” for short, and “装備“ resembles “equipments like weapons armors.”

—- Intelligence -—
“諜報 = spying” doesn’t make sense to intelligence

知能 = Intelligence“ is the only best word for this.

—- Weapon Mastery -—
“支配権 = Supremacy” is too much for the word “Mastery”

武器熟練 = Weapon Proficiency” could fit there I guess?

—- Manipulation -—
We’ll misunderstand ”マニピュレーション” as a Katakana word related to Surgeries. “操作 = Manipulation” exist, but using the word “操作” for magic abilities seems fishy.

It’s best to just call it “〜能力 or ~操作 = ~Manipulation“ for now.
Also, use “操作” if the features of some powers are scientific.

—- Statistics Amplification -—
”統計” means statistics related to population, graphs and such. And “拡大” is only used on sizes or views.

ステータス強化 = Status Power-up” would work.

—- Power Nullification -—
能力無効化 = Power/Ability Nullification” would work for me if you want it to be more specific.

—- Self-Sustenance -—
It costed me a long time to understand what this word exactly mea- meant to be. Well, it‘s the combination of “空気・水・睡眠無しで生きること = living without air, water and sleeping”

So in my opinion, “生命維持力 = Sustenance Power” is what I think although I‘m not confident about this.

—- Reality Warping -—
Also have no confidence here, but “現実歪み = Reality Warping” should work if you want to put the word “warp” on the next level.

———————

Done-zo! I might come back here if there’s something I need to edit for the translation.

—- Verse -—
“韻文” is only translated to a different meaning of ”verse” which is an opposite word of “散文 = prose”

I don’t think there’s a true definition of “verse” here since the Japanese word itself doesn’t seem to exist. If it’s a definition of ”different media/work franchises,” use “作品 = Works” if you want to define the verse where characters’ original appearance exist there.

—- Hyperverse -—
FRA, “韻文“ is not a word that means “one space universe”

And it basically can’t be translated to Japanese due to it being a made-up word so we call it “ハイパーバース = Hyperverse

—- Outerverse -—
Again, same reasons. So it’s best to express it in Katakana “アウターバース = Outerverse” due to it being a theoretical word.
Well, I suppose using Katakana is a more preferable option for such specialized words.
—- Comic book -—
“漫画の本” just has similar meaning as “漫画 = Manga” even if you put “本 = book” on it.

海外コミック = Foreign Comics“ would suit better for the word “Comic book” if you want to describe comics that are only from foreign nations.
Well, n my opinion, any can work well, but if you want to be more precise, then sure.

—- Lifting Strength -—
It feels weird when you try to stick 持ち上げる(verb) at 強度(noun) as like describing it into adjective-noun type of word.

揚力 = Lifting Power” could be better for expressing the definition of “Lifting Strength” better.
Youryoku was one of my initial choices, but I was concerned that it may be misunderstood, so I opted for the former instead.

—- Striking Strength -—
You’ll only use “強度 = intensity” as strength measures of light, heat, building, etc.

打撃力 = Hitting Power” could also mean ‘the strength of hitting a ball with a bat’ or ‘the strength of hitting someone physically’
That's fair.

—- Durability -—
The translation itself is not wrong. But the word itself only describes the durability of products like clothes, wood materials, and such.

It’s better to translate 耐久性 into ”耐久力 = Durability” if you want to express the characters’ power of endurance instead of objects.
Well, I didn't use 耐久力 because I believe it may be misunderstood for things like stamina and endurance, however checking my post, it seems that I decided to use Katakana for Stamina, so it actually doesn't mean much and it can be used instead.
—- Range -—
範囲 = Range“ can be used at most magic abilities. “Range” normally has a lot of Japanese meanings, but one of this meanings will show up when using different weapons.

When measuring a meter of how far the arrow or the bullet can go, it’ll be called “射程距離 = (Firing) Range Distance
As I previously said above, if you wanted to be that specific, fine.
—- Standard Equipment -—
Weapons are not “装置 = devices” unless they are, and “標準 = Standard” is similar to “普通 Normal”, couldn’t resemble the constancy of owning original equipment (like Link’s Master Sword.)

基準装備 = Standard Equipment” is recommended when describing an equipment that characters tend to use on their storyline.
“基準” means “一定の標準 = constant standard” for short, and “装備“ resembles “equipments like weapons armors.”
Standard equipment isn't simply for just weapons i believe tho, no?

—- Intelligence -—
“諜報 = spying” doesn’t make sense to intelligence

知能 = Intelligence“ is the only best word for this.
I must have been inebriated because I swear I remember using chinou instead of chouhou lol.

—- Weapon Mastery -—
“支配権 = Supremacy” is too much for the word “Mastery”

武器熟練 = Weapon Proficiency” could fit there I guess?

—- Manipulation -—
We’ll misunderstand ”マニピュレーション” as a Katakana word related to Surgeries. “操作 = Manipulation” exist, but using the word “操作” for magic abilities seems fishy.

It’s best to just call it “〜能力 or ~操作 = ~Manipulation“ for now.
Also, use “操作” if the features of some powers are scientific.
I can work with that.

—- Statistics Amplification -—
”統計” means statistics related to population, graphs and such. And “拡大” is only used on sizes or views.

ステータス強化 = Status Power-up” would work
Alright that seems better choice for now.

—- Self-Sustenance -—
It costed me a long time to understand what this word exactly mea- meant to be. Well, it‘s the combination of “空気・水・睡眠無しで生きること = living without air, water and sleeping”

So in my opinion, “生命維持力 = Sustenance Power” is what I think although I‘m not confident about this.
I'm not sure either; I had many examples for this word, but none of them seemed to fit the ability's precise meaning.

Youryoku was one of my initial choices, but I was concerned that it may be misunderstood, so I opted for the former instead.
Oof, I might be completely wrong right now when you think about it (since 揚力 is only a word to express the strength of the air lifting the airplane). 持ち上げる力/強度 should be fine then. I apologized for
choosing the wrong word.
Standard equipment isn't simply for just weapons i believe tho, no?
You’re right. “Weapons = Equipments” always call to mind whenever I mistakenly reconsider the definition of “equipment” since I’m in the versus debating community.
I must have been inebriated because I swear I remember using chinou instead of chouhou lol.
No worries. I once made a huge mistake when I translated a word into something inappropriate lol
I'm not sure either; I had many examples for this word, but none of them seemed to fit the ability's precise meaning.
Hmmm, in my opinion, I think “Self-Sustenance” is probably also a unique word coined by users who’re knowledgable at abilities, universes and shenanigans. So I don’t think there’s an accurate Japanese definition that could fit this meaning.

Unless randomly translate it like “空気・栄養摂取・睡眠無しで生きれる力 = A power to live without air • nutrients • sleeping” or similar to that. But of course, everyone would find it too bothering if translated too long.

Well, here's my attempt, I suck at typing in Bangla (So had to copypaste from dictionaries and such) and lot of the words are just literal pronounciations of English words in Bangla letters, we don't have exact words for all of them, some sound ridiculous in my own language, if any other Bangla users of the site exist, feel free to correct me.

character- চরিত্র

verse- শ্লোক

universe- বিশ্বব্রহ্মাণ্ড

multiverse- মাল্টিভার্স

hyperverse- হাইপারভার্স

outerverse- বহিরাগত

Anime- আনিমে, এনিমে

cartoon- কার্টুন

comic books- কমিক বই

games- গেম

light novels- হালকা উপন্যাস

Mangas- মাঙ্গা

Movies- চলচ্চিত্র

Board games- বোর্ড গেম

Books- বই

Music- সঙ্গীত

TV Series- টিভি সিরিজ

Visual Novels- চাক্ষুষ উপন্যাস

Attack Potency- আক্রমণ ক্ষমতা

Speed- গতি

Lifting Strength- উত্তোলন শক্তি

Striking Strength- স্ট্রাইকিং স্ট্রেন্থ

Durability- স্থায়িত্ব

Tier- স্তর

Stamina- মনোবল

Range- পরিসীমা

Standard Equipment- সাধারন সামগ্রী

Intelligence- বুদ্ধিমত্তা
If you don't mind may I suggest some alternatives?
Universe=মহাবিশ্ব (More frequently used in textbooks,newspaper .Well
বিশ্বব্রহ্মাণ্ড is totally fine too)
Stamina =প্ররিশ্রম করার ক্ষমতা ( মনোবল sounds more like willpower )

If you don't mind may I suggest some alternatives?
Universe=মহাবিশ্ব (More frequently used in textbooks,newspaper .Well
বিশ্বব্রহ্মাণ্ড is totally fine too)
I suppose those could work as synonyms

Stamina =প্ররিশ্রম করার ক্ষমতা ( মনোবল sounds more like willpower )
I did think of that but I thought it was too long so I chose মনোবল

Back