• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Make your own Heroic Spirit.

To any and all fans of the Fate/Stay Night, are there any characters from history or folk lore that you would like to see in the next series? If so who, what class would, they be in, what would their Noble Phantasms and personal skills be and would they get the King Arthur treatment(rule 63)?

Fate/Stay Night
WarmasterWashington

As for me.

Character: George Washington
Class: Archer
NP's: 1) Liberty Bell: The sound of freedom and victory. (A small but powerful cannon that fires a huge anti-army attack, can only be used 13 times and has to take an hour to recharge.)
2) Minute Men: The fighting force ready at a moments notice. (George can summon a shadow(s) of a fallen U.S. solder(s) to perform a single action(Shooting, Stabbing Slashing, and so on), has 1 for every U.S. Soldier who's ever lived.

PS's: 1) Virtuous Unity(Washington gains a boost in power for every one who considers them self's an ally to him.)
2) Virtuous Loyalty(Washington's allies gain a boost in power based on how loyal they are to him and his country.)
3) Virtuous Honesty(If Washington asks someone a question they are incapable of lying to him, and vice versa.)

I wrote this one up as an example over on FC/OC, so I guess I can post it here to give everyone a decent idea.

Summary
Archer is a Heroic Spirit who is able to be summoned for the Holy Grail War.

Archer's True Name is Simo "Simuna" Häyhä. A real-life war hero, he became legendary in his home country of Finland for his exploits against the Soviet Union during the Winter War of 1939. For a hundred days he fought in sub-zero temperatures, killing hundreds of Russian soldiers and terrifying the invading forces with his inhuman marksmanship, earning him the title The White Death.

Servant Stats
Strength: D

Endurance: D

Agility: D

Mana: E

Luck: C+

Noble Phantasm: B

Class Skills

• Independent Action: B
Personal Skills

• Clairvoyance: C+
  • Double Summon: B
  • Presence Concealment: A+
Noble Phantasm

• Talvisota: Anti-Unit, Anti-Team, Anti-Army C+
Then I get into specifics:

Noble Phantasm
Talvisota: The Winter War: Although Simo was never a magus and lived in a time where Mystery was thin, he nevertheless gained the ability to form a Reality Marble after becoming a Heroic Spirit due to the crystallization of his legend as a man who single-handedly struck terror into the hearts of over seven-hundred thousand Soviet soldiers though his actions. Upon activation, his surroundings are immediately transformed into the frigid forests of the Winter War, lowering the parameters of all foes who are not known to have fought in similar conditions by one rank (two ranks if the hero is known for fighting in tropical conditions). In addition, his Presence Concealment is rank is raised to EX, meaning that he cannot be detected through conventional or magical means even when he's attacking, and his attacks will always hit their mark for as long as his foes have not pinpointed his position.

Class Skills

• Independent Actio The ability to remain independent even when rejecting the Magical Energy supply from the Master. At the higher ranks, it is also possible to remain for extended periods of time in this world without an established contract. It is both useful and troublesome depending on the disposition of the Servant and the rank of Independent Action. Acting in autonomy from the Master's Magical Energy supply, the Master can concentrate their own Magical Energy on large spells, or the Servant will be fine even in the case they can not supply Magical Energy due to injury. Due to his incredible patience and ability to operate away from his allies for days at a time with minimal rations, Simo's Rank in this skill is B, which mean that is possible for him to stay in the world for two days without a Master. However, this is the ideal value achieved by maximally conserving mana and avoiding battle and Noble Phantasm usage.
  • Presence Concealment: The ability to hide one's presence as a Servant. Simo A+ rank proficiency in this skill renders him almost impossible to detect until the moment he begins to pull the trigger of his rifle, upon which this skill's effect sharply drops.
Personal Skills

• Clairvoyance: A skill that connotes superior long-range and dynamic vision used to supplement the use of long-range projectile weapons. Due to Simo's ability to accurately snipe foes from several hundred meters away without a scope, with only hints of light, and in the cold blizzards of Finland, Simo has a C+ rank in this skill, allowing him to pick off foes from over four kilometers away with his rifle and several hundred meters away with his submachine gun and pistol.
  • Double Summon: Due to operating as a "sniper" who was tasked with eliminating specific targets rather than a "soldier" who fought on the front lines, Simo was granted the characteristics of both the Archer and Assassin classes.

Isn't this thread already being done?

@Rep cool character. Is complete undetectability via conventional or magical means what EX presence concealment normally gives or is that just for the character?

@Blahblah

It's called "Shiroi Majo" (White Witch). You can find it on a bunch of manga sites, but I'm not posting links out of concern for our foreign users where copyright laws are strictly enforced.

@Reppuza
What do you think Washingtons stats would be? I'm still kinda new to the serise so I don't know how stats distribution works.

Washington is one of America's Founding Fathers and boasts intense popularity and fame within it. He'd probably have stats on par with Vlad III if summoned in the U.S. (particularly Virginia or Washington D.C.), though he'd be much weaker if summoned outside of it.

@Landon

I don't really see why his Luck would be E, given that he needed a lot of luck to win against the world's preeminent superpower at the time.

I would think it would be more along the lines of

Strength: A

Agility: B

Luck: B

Endurance: B (Washington doesn't exactly have exceptional durability feats, but his fame boost should do wonders for him)

Mana: C (Washington has no known instances of using magecraft)

Noble Phantasm: A

I would personally switch Strength and Agility in your Rep. The American soldiers were known for their quick response time and the ability to use guerilla tactics, stealth, and tactical retreats in the revolutionary war, which would give their legend, and subsequently Washington's, more of an agility focus than strength.

@Reppuzan

So he'd be one of the more powerful servents from the looks of it.

P.S. 1) Part of the reason they won is becuase on top of the conventenal warfare at the time, they would also send the militia to lunch raids and ambushes on British detachments and forage parties. That said, a B in luck still sounds good.

2) When I wrote this I was under the impression that Personal skills were unique to each servent. Know I see thats not the case. What do you think Washington would have?

Blahblah9755 said:
I would personally switch Strength and Agility in your Rep. The American soldiers were known for their quick response time and the ability to use guerilla tactics, stealth, and tactical retreats in the revolutionary war, which would give their legend, and subsequently Washington's, more of an agility focus than strength.
True

Some servants do have unique personal skills, and I think the ones you came up with make a lot of sense and are interesting. Maybe the first two could be one skill called virtuous commander or something like that.

He would probably have charisma as one of his skills. Not sure what rank, but it'd have to be pretty high since it's at the point where he had to put in effort to get people of what was culturally still 13 separate countries to not make him the leader.

@Blah

You have a point there.

@Landon

Note that the stats I posted are only if he's summoned at his peak in America.

He'd probably be a lot weaker if he was summoned in, let's say, Japan, simply because he isn't as famous.

And yeah, Personal Skills don't have to be specific to that one Servant. For example, both Nikola Tesla and Da Vinci have "Natural-Born Genius" as skills.

If I were to guess, Washington would probably have Charisma, Military Tactics, and Pioneer of the Stars.

I don't think he would get Pioneer of the Star though. That title only goes for the person who do the thing that, given the tech of it times, is deemed impossible by everyone. I don't think that the people would want for independent if that was such an impossible thing.

@Andy

But he was the Commander of the Continental Army against the world's preeminent superpower.

Granted, you have a point, since there were a lot of things in Washington's favor at the time (i.e. backing of France, home field advantage, more easily accessed resources e.t.c.) but the point still stands to one extent or another.

Alternatively, we could give him a unique Personal Skill that could be a composite of other skills (like Founding Father as a hybrid of Charisma and Incitement).

@Blah

That that sounds like a cool idea, but I think a better name would be virtuous leader ship.

If he had Charisma I'd say it would definantly be an A rank and maybe an A+ in D.C.

@Rep

What dose "Pioneer of the Stars" do?

@Andy Fighting off the largest empire in history, which nearly half of the nation were still loyal too was considered impossible at the time. Hell, most people still consider Washington's achievement to be something that should have been impossible. Not to mention, the people who migrated to the Americas had pretty much been the dregs of Brittish society, and were still viewed as such by the Brittish then. Washington was basically considered to be taking a small bunch of underfunded and outgunned fools to take on the greatest army in history, while half the people in the area were perfectly willing to give funds, support, and intel to the enemy troops.

It sounds completely impossible if you, like most people do, ignore or forget the fact that the enemy's orders, calls for reinforcements, and reinforcements had to cross an Ocean to reach the battlefields.

edit:Rep Ninja'd me... well it wasn't really a ninja so much as me taking way too long.

Reppuzan said:
we could give him a unique Personal Skill that could be a composite of other skills (like Founding Father as a hybrid of Charisma and Incitement).
Oh, we could call it Nation Foundation!

Not really sure if I'd give him incitement, the things he said/wrote tend to be a lot less impressive/famous than those of some of his peers among the founding fathers.

This is cool.

It reminds me of this tornament we had in a certain google+ community a few years ago.

People would make their own hatsu(Hunter X Hunter), with normnal HxH restrictions, then put them against each other by placing all of them on an average nen user.

Blahblah9755 said:
Not really sure if I'd give him incitement, the things he said/wrote tend to be a lot less impressive/famous than those of some of his peers among the founding fathers.
Yeah, incitement sounds like something Lincon would have.

@Landon

Magecraft, is well, Magic that isn't True Magic. So anything done that can be replicated by science but can't be explained by science (i.e. making fire out of thin air).

True Magic involves things like the navigation of parallel worlds, time travel, and the materialization of the soul.

TBH, fighing for indepedence against a superior superpower is literally the tale as old as Greece, when they have to protect their sovereignty against the Persian. And they do it with a lower amount of tech too. It's not as impossible as completing the vogage with yourself intact, commercialize electricity, or ingenius, groundbreaking design that take decades later to be proven workable.

I made one for Einstein:

Archer is a heroic spirit who is able to be summoned for the Holy Grail War.

Archer's true name is Albert Einstein. Said to be history's greatest scientist, he revolutionized the field of physics and chemistry with many great achievements, most notably the creation of the theory of general relativity.

Personal Skills:

Pioneer of the Stars (EX): As one who solved many impossible questions and paradoxes, fixed many impossible theories, produced ideas that would be proved over 100 years later, and even brought forth a weapon causing destruction comparable to the Age of the Gods it was only natural that he would gain this skill.

Galvanism (EX): Using the legendary equation E=mc^2 this skill can surpass its prior limits and convert even attacks that possess a material form into energy. This allows for the production of immense amounts of energy from next to nothing.

Natural Born Genius (EX)

Imaginary Accuracy: Einstein once said "Imagination is more important than knowledge." This is Einstein's ability to always be correct even when everyone thinks he's wrong. Any conclusion reached will be the correct answer, even if it shouldn't be or seems illogical. Throughout his life Einstein arrived to many conclusions, hypotheses and theories which were deemed as incorrect or impossible by his peers, but they were always found to be correct.

Noble Phantasms:

Luminary of the Unknown (A+++ Anti-mystery): His discovery of many concepts has allowed for the elimination of much of the world's mystery. These discoveries are sublimated into this Noble Phantasm. When it's true Mae is spoken is, the bright light of knowledge shines outwards in all directions from Archer's body. All mystery will be removed from anything this light touches. Magecraft and supernatural abilities will cease to function, od and prana will cease to exist, supernatural beings will become humans or animals, Noble Phantasms and legendary relics will become normal objects. Even those that the light of knowledge does not reveal are not safe, as those who are not directly touched but still see the light will no longer understand how to perform tasks possible through mystery.

Annihilation to All: The Nuclear Bomb (A+ Anti-Country): when the true name of this Noble Phantasms is spoken, nuclear missiles rain from the sky towards the enemy. Upon detonation, an explosion and mushroom cloud that can be seen for tens to hundreds of miles will be created. Though Einstein may not have invented the nuclear bomb, he is one of those most heavily credited with its creation. These weapons would never have been possible without the theories and knowledge he brought forth. Due to the secrecy with which their creation, storage, and quantity is kept, these weapons possess a level of mystery typically impossible for a weapon of science. Though these are weapons that should not typically be capable of such power, in the modern day many people believe nuclear weapons to be capable of annihilating a country, misunderstanding the country ending destruction of morale, leadership, economy, and war potential as physical destruction. The wide-spread myths and misunderstandings surrounding these weapons has lead to them even individually being classified as anti-country Noble Phantasms.

Perfect Conversion E=mc^2 (EX Anti-fortress): This Noble Phantasm allows Archer to use energy absorbed through galvanism to accelerate drastically or strike an opponent with attacks containing a large amount of kinetic and magical energy. When this Noble Phantasm has its true name invoked all matter surrounding Archer is converted to energy and absorbed through Galvanism, this energy is used to propel objects, or even Archer himself, at such high relativistic speeds that they possess the mass of several buildings.

I figured his sheer fame should allow for him to be incredibly powerful as a servant. For the Personal Skills, I added the one I made cause I thought it fit him too well to not add, but I wasn't sure if I should get rid of Pioneer because of it. Any thoughts?

"All matter surrounding Archer is conveted to energy"

Boi what's the range on the "surroundings", because the 70kg of mass is Large Mountain level or something.

Oof

Assuming he's standing on a flat plane of concrete with absolutely nothing else around him, including air molecules, that's like...

>does some quick calculations

1.1294e+23 joules

Country level

EX indeed

That sounds about right considering the description of the attacks he can throw with it. Anyways, do you have any suggestions or input on him?

Seems weird to me that one of his abilities removes Mystery, but the other one has a detailed explanation on how his nuclear bombs have mystery.

The two just don't quite seem to fit.

Maybe one of his NP could have been something to do with relativity? You missed an opportunity for space-time, speed/mass and gravity hax.

Back