• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

MrKingOfNegativity

Abstract embodiment of being undesirable
VS Battles
Retired
A.K.A. "A world-ender from a video game VS a world-ender from a series of horror novels"

Need to break in this new character. Hopefully this'll turn out well.

Vote Count
Majora: 1 (TriforcePower1)

Rasalom: 1 (DMUA)

Inconclusive: 0

Rules

• Random encounter.
  • Speed is equalized.
  • Unrestricted Majora VS Nightworld Rasalom
  • Battle takes place inside Luigi's Mansion.
  • Winner by any means necessary.
Give proper reasoning. I'll add pictures and music to this later.

Nah. When Glaeken states Rasalom's age, he says something like "Around fourteen, perhaps even fifteen thousand years old." instead of giving a specific number. (They're both so old that keeping track of their own age has gotten difficult, so those two numbers were just him estimating.)

Considering that both underestimate their opponent, I would say it depends on what they lead first when not serious. Majora starts with transmutation, with what does Rasalom lead?

Well, in The Keep (a book where some of his more notable combat showings come from), he constantly had his aura active. The aura causes all light in his vicinity to disappear to the point that a person loses their sense of direction, and also causes them to feel cold and fearful. It gets worse the closer he is to a person, and the darkness functionally acts as a sort of invisibility whenever he's faced with people who can't see in the dark.

As far as underestimation goes, he mostly just underestimates humans, and even that doesn't always stop him from killing them. A nonhuman...thing like Majora might not be so lucky.

One thing that might take effect right away is the thing with his eyes. There's apparently so much madness and evil behind them that someone can go insane just from looking him in the eye. He's also aware of this and abuses it quite a bit.

Other than that, he might start with telekinesis or something.

The first thing is cool, and may actually give him the win.

If he underestimates humans I'd say he will likely understimate a mask.

I'm not sure how his eye technique will work against Majora, it's not exactly the most sane mask around and its eyes are probably not even real.

All in all I would say Majora as transmutation can probably take care of his eyes and/or the aura (maybe) and he would become far easier to kill for Majora (deku scrubs are probably not even tier 8)

Well, yes and no about underestimating Majora. If the mask were normal, he'd probably find it insignificant, but he's fairly regularly dealt with evil/eldritch-type beings before (being an agent of cosmic evil and all), and since Majora probably massively qualifies for something like that, he'd probably be on his guard. His clairvoyance also allows him to discern the identities of those within a fair distance of him, so it's not like he wouldn't know that the mask is sentient.

Still though, I'll count that as a vote.

Hmm... How does reality warping work? I already think that Darkness Aura is going to massively screw over Majora, but I don't know if the madness behind his eyes will kill him.

Well, both he and Glaeken professed that he could do most of whatever he wanted with it, but as far as actual showings, it was mostly environmental stuff that he did.

• He caused the entire world to experience shorter days, not by altering the orbit of the Earth or the Sun, but by literally making it so that everything and everyone in the world perceived the sun as rising late and setting early. Which, as you can imagine, is impossible. Even the world's atomic clocks, which (as stated in the book) were "accurate to a millionth of a second", showed the sun as rising early and setting late.
  • He created holes in the ground which were literally bottomless.
  • He opened "gravity holes" in the sky which caused everything under them to rise into the air uncontrollably, even ripping buildings and bridges out of their foundations.
  • He reactivated all of the dormant volcanoes on the Hawaiian islands at once, simultaneously obliterating almost all of them.
  • He caused all of Earth's orbiting satellites (save for the ones connected to radio and TV stations) to disappear. It's never stated whether he blinked them out of existence or just destroyed all of them, though.
I think there's more that he did with it, but those are the main examples I can think of. YMMV on whether or not any of that affects the fight at all.

Hmm.

I guess Rasalom via shrouding him in a deep darkness and stomping his face in.

Wait. I just reread, and he didn't affect all of the Hawaiian islands. Just the largest one and a couple of others.

He also didn't just "reactivate" the volcanoes that exploded. He blew them up:

…as we see here in a live aerial transmission from our affiliate in Honolulu on Oahu, the Big Island is no more. Less than an hour ago, the Big Island's active crater, Kilauea, along with supposedly extinct volcanoes Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea, simply blew up, taking the entire island with them. It is just dawn in the Central Pacific, but even so you can see that all that remains of the island of Hawaii is a flaming, steaming cauldron of bubbling lava. We can only show you the site of the Big Island's grave from the west. The plume of smoke, steam, ash, and debris that stretches far into the sky is drifting east. Meteorologists are presently calculating when the ash cloud will hit the West Coast. It is sure to affect weather around the globe.
~ Nightworld​
So yeah, we can probably just chalk that one up as AP, not RW. He also reactivated another volcano on one of the other Hawaiian islands, but it wasn't one of the ones that exploded.

Regardless, vote added for now.

Speedbump

Also, I remembered some other powers I forgot to add to the profile when I made it last night. Those are up now.

Back