• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major Mortal Kombat Revision Part II

Don't think we could use the MKX comics anyway, iirc anything to do with them was removed back when the midway/nrs split happened because apparently it was officially stated they're not canon.
I've also heard that they are canon by other official sources, like Shawn and Ed Boon. Also MK11 also have references to the cancelled Onaga plotline in it.

Regardless, I'm fine with us either keeping it or yeeting it into it's own page.

Yeah, I was mistaken. It was in the comics, and Havik didn't say anything about any number of realms. Just that there are known and unknown ones.
2-B MK say what
I've also heard that they are canon by other official sources, like Shawn and Ed Boon. Also MK11 also have references to the cancelled Onaga plotline in it.

Regardless, I'm fine with us either keeping it or yeeting it into it's own page.
those statements are older then Don’s I do think we can use elements referenced in story and intros though
We should make profiles for the MKX comics lol
Lmao I’m down

To get things back on track, I once again wanna bring up High 8-C for the average Kombatant.

A weakened Taven was able to damage and take hits from the Ice Beast, which did this (9-A)

Sonya was able to casually one-shot the Ice Beast, meaning she should be stronger than it by a decent margin

Later on, a slightly stronger Taven takes this attack (High 8-C)

I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that average Kombatants are at least stronger than the Ice Beast, and are likely comparable to Taven at this point in time. The TYM feat is 0.011 tons while the Ice Beast's feat is 0.037 tons, so there isn't much a gap there. Sektor and Sub-Zero have 8-C feats to support this not being a huge jump

So, I propose three options;
  1. We scale the Kombatants above the Ice Beast due to Sonya oneshotting it casually (At least 9-A) (0.037 tons)
  2. We do the former but also add a "possibly/likely High 8-C" behind it, scaling to Taven's feat (At least 9-A, possibly/likely High 8-C) (3.66 tons)
  3. We scale them flatly to Taven's feat due to him being comparable to most fighters (High 8-C) (3.66 tons)
Not really because you missed a WoG statement where most of the kombatants before Armageddon were undergoing a gradual boost that made them strong enough to match the high tiers of the verse. They can't all scale to the likes of Taven until Armageddon, you're missing everything that happened before this game which we already dealt with. In fact I'm already in the middle of making profiles for Midway MK

Yo guys, finally updated the most complete profile draft I have for a Midway MK profile, which is Sub-Zero's. I couldn't find the proof that said that Argus in MK Armageddon had planned to use the kombatants' growing powers which would scale them all to Blaze, but I did find more explicit proof that scales everyone to Blaze. So I put that in the reasoning for Sub-Zero's AP section, but I'm keeping the Argus thing in the hopes that someone else would find it, hopefully it's not a wild goose chase. Honestly this task is pretty exhausting so I guess I'll leave it to you guys to make the rest, you can copy stuff from Sub-Zero's profile to make the rest.

Also I marked some of the stuff that you may need to copy paste because they're needed in all of the Midway profiles, like scaling reasoning and shared powers. If you enter source editing mode, you can see they're marked by being put between <!-- 1 --> and <!-- 2 -->, just ctrl+f to find them

I might as well plan how we'll implement the Midway profiles so we can get this done. All we need to do is rename the current MK profiles into the profiles for MK9-11. Thing is, I've been told that only someone like Antvasima can do that since the move page option isn't available to me. Can anyone volunteer to get someone to move these pages? Might need to create a new disambig page for some, like Sub-Zero I think

Iirc some folks were skeptical because technically even the "New Era" ones are still under the NRS banner, but imho it conveys the idea well enough.

Maybe we could name them similar to other fighting game series with several timelines.

MK1 (OG) to MKA could fall under "Original Timeline", MK9-11 could be "Second Timeline", and then MK1 (New one) could be "New Timeline"? Personally don't really care too much whether we name them Midway, NRS, New Era either.

Iirc some folks were skeptical because technically even the "New Era" ones are still under the NRS banner, but imho it conveys the idea well enough.
New Era is really descriptive imo, I guess the problem is just calling the MK9-11 era the NRS era
Maybe we could name them similar to other fighting game series with several timelines.

MK1 (OG) to MKA could fall under "Original Timeline", MK9-11 could be "Second Timeline", and then MK1 (New one) could be "New Timeline"? Personally don't really care too much whether we name them Midway, NRS, New Era either.
I guess "Second Timeline" is alright even though it doesn't sound as cool as Midway or New Era

Since I'm rocking the Meat pfp, could someone teach me how to make profiles so I can make the Meat profile

Since I'm rocking the Meat pfp, could someone teach me how to make profiles so I can make the Meat profile
First I'd suggest creating a sandbox, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User: (profile name)/(sandbox name) and following the standard profiles format

Then when you have everything ready, create a CRT for their profile creation and after it gets approved go over to the upper right corner, click the create a new article function and copy paste the sandbox into the profile

First I'd suggest creating a sandbox, https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User: (profile name)/(sandbox name) and following the standard profiles format

Then when you have everything ready, create a CRT for their profile creation and after it gets approved go over to the upper right corner, click the create a new article function and copy paste the sandbox into the profile
This and I'll give you the format, including the references you need in making Meat's profile. Also just adding, but Meat had only been canon in MK Armageddon so he should be easy to make a profile for

Did a little bit of work on it, but I have no idea how to get the tabbers, images, or anything like the fancy stuff on the sub zero profile inserted lol

Did a little bit of work on it, but I have no idea how to get the tabbers, images, or anything like the fancy stuff on the sub zero profile inserted lol
You can create a tabber by inputting the following
<tabber>
|-|(Tab 1 name)=
(Insert text)
|-|(Tab 2 name)=
(Insert text)
|-|(Tab 3 name)=
{{#tag:tabber|
{{!}}-{{!}}(Sub tab 1)=
(Insert text)
{{!}}-{{!}}(Sub tab 2)=
(Insert text)
}}
</tabber>
This would give you three tabs, and two sub tabs

You can link images by using the VSBW file gallery (either taking an already posted image, or uploading your own), you'd then link the image to the sandbox by using the following [[File: (insert name)|right|480px]]

Unless you'd like to upload your own image to the site, you can use this image: [[File:MEAtT (1).png|right|400px]]

Finally did the first of many Midway profiles starting with Darrius, check him out

Finally did the first of many Midway profiles starting with Darrius, check him out

Reference base PnA

Reference base AP and the calc for 7-C

Justify base speed

Reference the lightning bolt block

Reference LS

Justify Stamina

Reference Range

Kill the travesty that is that Standard Equipment section

Reference Intelligence

Reference N&T

Remove Normals/Kombos and Miscellaneous if you aren't gonna use em

Overall, some work to be done to be up to my standard

Reference base PnA

Reference base AP and the calc for 7-C

Justify base speed

Reference the lightning bolt block

Reference LS

Justify Stamina

Reference Range

Kill the travesty that is that Standard Equipment section

Reference Intelligence

Reference N&T

Remove Normals/Kombos and Miscellaneous if you aren't gonna use em

Overall, some work to be done to be up to my standard
Okay on some of these like speed, stamina, intelligence, but is that much references needed? Especially on those that have a link in their justification

Might not need Miscellaneous but Normals/Kombos are going to be filled once I go through 60+ movesets from an old game since they make up his fighting styles

Don't know why you want me to remove the standard equipment section, it's the same format I use for the rest of the MK pages that have optional equipment and equipment they can make or summon

Okay on some of these like speed, stamina, intelligence, but is that much references needed? Especially on those that have a link in their justification
IMO it is, cause it tells you where to go in case the links ever die.
Might not need Miscellaneous but Normals/Kombos are going to be filled once I go through 60+ movesets from an old game since they make up his fighting styles
Gotcha.
Don't know why you want me to remove the standard equipment section, it's the same format I use for the rest of the MK pages that have optional equipment and equipment they can make or summon
Why have tabbers for things that aren't even there? If Darrius can't create or summon shit, that shouldn't be there, if he doesnt have anything random he's brought with him from time to time, then he shouldn't have an optional equipment tabber

Looks like Havik's profile is done

Huh, could you direct me to the blog that has this feat calculated?

It's at 0.28 tons at tier 8-C, problem about this calc is that this was done during a time when characters were getting significant power boost that let them do more than that, hence they're 7-C tier from a feat by Blaze. At least it's a supporting dura feat

Back