• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Major EarthBound Revisions Part I: Cosmology and Stat Revisions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, Qawsedf believed it to be a flat out Low 1-C rating if 5-D got accepted. And of course, most regular users seem to accept this idea as well,

You are fine lol.

Quick question though, do we have to edit the profiles with the proposed changes even though a Part II (which will discuss on adding more abilities, etc) will be out soon?

If that’s the case, then I guess I don’t oppose to editing the pages now. We should wait for Vile to get on before making any changes however

Alright, I am awake now. Considering that two of the mods (one of which being DDM) and most regular users agree with a flat Low 1-C rating, and one mod only agrees with "possibly Low 1-C", what do you think should be done when the changes are applied to the profile? @Antvasima

How did this get accepted that quickly sure It looks good but most CRTs of this magnitude even with overwhelming evidence take at least 4 pages
Anyways I agree with Low 1-C

How did this get accepted that quickly sure It looks good but most CRTs of this magnitude even with overwhelming evidence take at least 4 pages
None of the other mods are interested in this thread unfortunately, and since DarkDragonMedeus is an EarthBound expert, his input is especially valuable. Antvasima also said that the mod input that we have so far is enough already. While I agree that more mod opinions would help the validity of the upgrades, we'll have to use what we have.

Alright, I am awake now. Considering that two of the mods (one of which being DDM) and most regular users agree with a flat Low 1-C rating, and one mod only agrees with "possibly Low 1-C", what do you think should be done when the changes are applied to the profile? @Antvasima
A little note, that people can't be "@" by normal users, but I believe Ant still saw your reply.
It's eartbound, it's not a big franchise like sonic for instance which would instantly get attention(I mean serious, make Sonic thread and it would get attention at least after some hours). But also the work on this thread I feel was long and with amount of effort, to make it look good.

I am not sure. Would "likely Low 1-C" be an acceptable compromise?

Can somebody explain the reasons for Low 1-C to me please?

To quickly summarize the real world is not merely a meta 4th wall joke in Earthbound it is an objective real place that is consistently referred to through the player or it merely being called another world the player exists in all the Mother games. The Player is also consistently referred to and is the very reason you defeat Giygas in Mother 2, along with directly speaking to the Mother cast in Mother 3. Along with this Itoi in an interview states the Dark Dragon's total destruction would be an ending he can't write because it would've destroyed the real world too. The real world characters are massively beyond the EB characters with the player effortlessly defeating the most powerful character in Mother 2 Giygas, along with them consistently being stated to view the game world from the screen and being unable to have their physical form interact with the Mother reality, having to create an avatar to enter it, with the develoeprs of the game needing to do the same thing and entering the Mother reality via possessing a dog. So with this the Real World sees the game world as complete fiction and Truth exists beyond the game world and in the real world governing their system of fate and being unaffected by the dark dragon's reset, Ness obtains a portion of truth's power and Giygas is still above him which is the reason they both scale and only them in the game world, aside from Dark Dragon who directly could destroy the real world.

The player sees the game earthbound (which is 2-A) as a fictional. The Real World is a Canon part in the earthbound cosmology and since ToTU scales to the cosmology, it would be low 1-C. And since ness has a small fraction of it's power, Ness would be Low 1-C.
Edit; Ninja'd. Giver explained it better though

Okay, "likely Low 1-C" or just "Low 1-C" seems fine to me in that case, but I am not the best person to ask.

Well we're moreso asking in this situation where 2 mods agree with flat and 1 agrees with possibly do we comprise likely or just go for the flat Low 1-C?

Given how The Player is treated as an entity controlling the protagonists to guide them on their journey throughout the entire series, and is confirmed to be the one “pulling the strings from the background”, along with the fact that a creator exist within the real world that wrote and coded The Mother series into existence and that these entities have to rely on avatars, telepathy, and possession in order to interact with the people within the game world. I feel as if a flat Low 1-C is more appropriate than a “likely”.

To be fair, Ant did say he was fine with either “likely” or just a flat-out rating. I guess he was pinging those staff members for reassurance, which is fine I guess but we already have enough approval to apply the upgrades already

It seems people are divided with if they should be solid Low 1-C and or simply likely Low 1-C. Actually I did some thinking, there are several characters who deserve the solid Low 1-C. The Player IMO should be a solid Low 1-C, it seems outright stated the Earthbound's Real World is a plane of existence above the multiverse where entire 2-A sized multiverses are perceived as saved data files. And same would apply to Dark Dragon given Itoi pretty much intended for Dark Dragon to be a character who surpasses even the programmers who made the game. He simply upscales in that case. Truth of the Universe also seems to have the same statements as the Player that he exists on a plane of existence above all infinite universes, not just outside it. And appears to be above the concept of time and space.

As far as Ness and Giygas are concerned, it is implied Ness was only amped by a fraction of Truth's power, so I'm okay with him being likely Low 1-C as opposed to outright Low 1-C. Though, Low Complex Multiversal range is consistent. As for Giygas, he is stronger than Ness AP overall, Ness's durability and Giygas's AP do scale to each other. Ness's mere existence is the primarily the only reason for why Giygas cannot oneshot the multiverse despite him having more than enough raw power to do so normally, though he can still harm Ness. But Ness cannot harm Giygas. And Giygas's statement is speculative if "Destroy all existence" includes the real world or not, and he still gets oneshotted by the Player. But for other reasons, I think Likely Low 1-C as opposed to Low 1-C seems reasonable for Ness and Giygas. But the previous three aforementioned character should have a solid Tier 1 rating IMO.

I hope this might make the compromise on both ends reasonable.

So just to be sure (or summarize), those getting full-on Low 1-C would be:

• The Player
  • Dark Dragon
  • Truth of the Universe

And the only two getting just "Likely Low 1-C" would be Ness and Giygas? Seems fine to me in that case.

and he still gets oneshotted by the Player
He doesnt actually get oneshotted by the player, he takes /43 direct shots from the player and even then Giygas had some amount of interference with the player and their player with it blocking the prayer to some amount, as seen with the entire name not being spelt out and well it seems like it is more of a consequence of Giygas being the embodiment of evil, since close to the end even ness' family and dog were doing a similar level of damage to the player. So i think it was more along the lines of due to Giygas being the embodiment of evil and Paula's prayer was basically ridding the world of what he was so his continued existence was getting damaged due to evil ceasing to be in the world

I have unlocked Giygas and Ness; Truth of the Universe and Dark Dragon were already unlocked, and the Player Profile isn't made yet. Though due to Tier 1 upgrades, they would all need to be locked after the changes are made. Which I can take care of that too.

I do not know. What do the rest of you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back