• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madoka Kaname vs. Zain Vaerpath

Alright, so I've already gone over how the True Monad at least generally works in other threads-

What does Madoka do in this particular instance? Passives, opening moves and how fast they've demonstrated that they come out, her tactics from there? Anything else that might be relevant?

Her passives are uh

alot of shit that I can't list rn

One of her first go-to actives (such as against Bern and Lambda) was to summon an infinite amount of magicsl girls, each with 1-A High-Godly

Alright, so... Madoka's passives.

• Passive Supernatural Rejection via Endless Nine (Grants practical invulnerability to the supernatural)
  • Passive Holy Manip that burns you based off of your sins
  • Passive Fate Manip that works on acausals
  • Passive empathyhax
  • Passive paralysis
  • Passive powernull
  • Passive poison
  • Passive fire manip
  • Passive smoke manip
  • Passive regen negation
  • Passive curse manip
  • Passive weakness enhancement
  • Passive magic reduction
  • Eye-based Sealing
  • Precog that sees all futures
  • Absorption
  • Passive probability manip

Alright, so, how potent have these Passives demonstrated they are in this key? And is there anything of especial note about how they work?

Everything's upscaled to her dimensional level besides fate manip which can work on type 5 acausals and Endless Nine which just straight up blocks whatever on her dimensional level

Upscales to her current dimensional level as in, the one she's currently manifest at? Or are you saying that her everything ever is 1-A?

The level she's at right now. Though Endless Nine covers basically the entirety of 11-D though

Endless Nine is the refusal to believe in the supernatural. If anything supernatural happens Endless Nine automatically cancels it out because "psht, ******* that's not real"

If we wanna go that far it can affect a tier 0 but I'm not going that far so it's just 11-D*Infinity right now

...I don't know if that even becomes relevant, then, at least based on how you phrased it. The complete Daathe makes him essentially a transdual existence that disregards the distinction between natural/supernatural, and fiction/reality. So...

Yeah, I guess it works on him in the sense that he doesn't have Tier 0 whatever-that-is Resistance, but I don't think it really matters that it does in fact work on him, since the thing that it is doing doesn't get in the way of how Zain's powers work to begin with.

At the same time, he has no way to permanently put down something with 1-A High-Godly regen: the most his Reactive Power Level could feasibly get him to if the right circumstances are in place is High 1-B, probably: so...

Pre-Fight/Passive Effects: Is Law of Cycles!Madoka a conceptually-unique existence, such that she doesn't passively imprint herself onto the True Monad's list of "things that I can do as an amalgam of 'all things there are that are conscious'"? If so, continue as normal: if not, continue as normal, except keep in mind that Madoka herself is a constituent component of the True Monad's existence.

Madoka, at the same time, throws all of the above passives at him. He seems to resist most of it, especially since the Kether will essentially adapt to guard against anything that might be recognized as an "attack"- I suppose that the Holy Manip. and the Sealing might not, depending on how they work, but he can regen from the former (and it wouldn't be negated I don't think due to the Tiphareth's awakened capacities), and the latter seems dubious/a stretch.

Which leads to... Allbring. After swinging that in Madoka's general direction- more specifically, at her wall of passives, as he did in the fight against Samael- he's probably either go for straight-up combat, or, if the opportunity permitted, Ahura Mazda. The thing about Ahura Mazda is that, far as I can tell? Madoka and her clones have no notable Sealing resistance, let alone the strange esoteric sort that Ahura Mazda makes use of. So... even if he can't defeat her in the ordinary sense, Sealing via a Severance from the Spheres themselves- and thus, manifestation within the eleven spheres of the Tree of Life at all- probably ought to do the trick well enough.

What are Madoka's win conditions?- presumably, everything that she has might potentially, but is there anything she has that might feasibly sneak its way past the Kether to his base resistances? (My first guess would be Mathematics Manipulation, since he gets no Sephira linked directly to such an Archetype; Chokmah's Possibility is the closest thing; though I don't know how useful that would wind up being in practice, or to what extent it would stop the Chokmah from immediately working to counteract the Possibility-based Idea Fracture it would generate.)

Back