• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Madness Manipulation Question

Epsilon_R

He/Him
Let's say there's 2 people:

The first one lacks emotions and feelings

The second one can only feel anything but hatred. His rage can drive him insane and vastly increases his strength

Are they resistant to Madness Manipulation and if so, which types?

Regarding the second one, I don't think he would necessarily gain resistance to madness manipulation since going insane doesn't really correlate to being enraged or violent most of the time. A certain character could just render people catatonic after using their powers so unless there are any showings of this helping him resist, he won't get any resistance.

The first one is a bit tricky. Regarding the first person, do you mean that he lacks sentience? I'm not so sure a character like that would fight in a conventional way anyway. If you mean that, then perhaps Type 2 though I'm not sure.

Epsilon R said:
My bad, the first one is conscious but lacks feelings and emotions
Then in that case no, simply lacking emotions doesn't mean a character is insane. They can still be driven to insanity by various means unless they have shown that this particular trait protects them from madness to any degree.

Back