• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ma Liang vs. Dan Hibiki

Rules

• Ma Liang (from Shen Bi Ma Liang) is "Possibly 10-B physically, Varies with the Magical Pen", and Dan (from Street Fighter) is "At least 9-B".
  • Speed equalized.
  • Ma Liang is with his Magical Pen and his knowledge is in his canon standard.
Vote Count

Note

• I believe that the versus is not a stomp since Ma Liang has his pen and Dan has his basic martial arts.

Jasonsith said:
Should you change the opponent? Or have you even checked what the Chinese Maxwell is capable of?
Ma is a glass cannon and he will lost creation ability once the pen is not in his hand (but thing he created still exists). Also, I have checked the original story and possibly because it is aimed to be more "eductional" rather than presenting a powerful superhero, he doesn't have much feat. Dan's Martial Artist ability may give him a chance to gain victory.

Mariogoods said:
Jasonsith said:
Should you change the opponent? Or have you even checked what the Chinese Maxwell is capable of?
Ma is a glass cannon and he will lost creation ability once the pen is not in his hand (but thing he created still exists). Also, I have checked the original story and possibly because it is aimed to be more "eductional" rather than presenting a powerful superhero, he doesn't have much feat. Dan's Martial Artist ability may give him a chance to gain victory.
I mean, has any of those feats by Ma Liang and his summons been calculated? However non-combat oriented they are?

Barney the Dinosaur is non-combat oriented but he is a powerful reality warper nonetheless. His attack potencies are also supported by feats calculated or readily referenced to real world feats with a readily calculated AP.

It can be an AP stomp for either side here. But I want more input before jumping into anything.

Worst case: the character profile of Ma Liang needs to be revamped or even nuked.

I mean, has any of those feats by Ma Liang and his summons been calculated? However non-combat oriented they are?

Barney the Dinosaur is non-combat oriented but he is a powerful reality warper nonetheless. His attack potencies are also supported by feats calculated or readily referenced to real world feats with a readily calculated AP.

It can be an AP stomp for either side here. But I want more input before jumping into anything.

Worst case: the character profile of Ma Liang needs to be revamped or even nuked.

In my opinion, Ma's current feats are persumed in the Real World by the writer. But since the writer is not focus on the power scale, the feats are described briefly. (And the pen's abilities is described as the profile says) Anyway, if the profile really needs to be revamped, then I'd like to help it.

Back