• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Stefano4444

He/Him
With the constant re-editing Lupin's intelligence that i have notice, i thought that it would be better to discuss the matter in a thread and determinate if Lupin trully qualify as Extraordinary Genius or just Genius, instead of everyone constantly editing between each other without end.

Personally, i think that Lupin does have the necessary feats for be at least possibly Extraordinary Genius:

- Decrypted in one day the hidden message/code written in multiple languages by Wataru Uraga, Wataru be a genius scientist that was capable to create a method to implanting a personification of himself inside someone's subconscious, by simply reading the previously mentioned message.

- Was the first people that was able to wake up and deemed to be worthy by Da Vinci, a clone of the famous Leonardo Da Vinci made up with all the greatest minds of the past (by using Wataru's knowledge), who could easily replicate Wataru Uraga's invention but on a massive scale, to the point to make everyone fall asleep over Italy and was going to replace all those people's personality with his own, only to fail due of Lupin.

- Ultimately beaten Mamo in "The Mystery of Mamo", a begin claim to be thousands of years old, who had acquired the knowledge and wisdom for all geniuses, scientists and philosophers of history, and who had claim to be behind most historical events.

- Was able to resolve the mystery of the Tower of Babel where neither Alexander the Great, Napoleon, Hitler or an advance alien civilization could.

Hitler was not particularly intelligent, just psychotic, but alright, I suppose that "At least Genius, possibly Extraordinary Genius" might work.

Antvasima said:
Hitler was not particularly intelligent, just psychotic, but alright, I suppose that "At least Genius, possibly Extraordinary Genius" might work.
I mean, the part about Hitler isn't the big deal, but about the fact that an advance alien civilization (or at least members of that civilization) couldn't do what Lupin III did, and they had thousands of years for doing that.

As a history enthusiast I should mention that's half true. Hitler was seen to be a very cunning military strategist towards the beginning of his dictatorship and in some areas of WWII, but no one's perfect. It wasn't until the end of the war where his mental state began to devolve heavily, and grew more psychotic.

But let's not stray away from the main topic, I agree with this and Ant's word.

Although, why does everyone have gifted to genius intelligence in the verse, especially Zenigata? Despite his goofy demeanor Zenigata is quite efficient at his job and is deemed to be one of the only people who can actually capture or at least impede Lupin's heists, but I do feel like calling him a genius is a bit of a stretch.

As a history enthusiast I should mention that's half true. Hitler was seen to be a very cunning military strategist towards the beginning of his dictatorship and in some areas of WWII, but no one's perfect. It wasn't until the end of the war where his mental state began to devolve heavily, and grew more psychotic.

Nice history lesson there actually, you could be a teacher one day.

)
But yeah let's not get off track I for one think he is full on ABOVE Genius given the feats simply suggest such, not Hitler or some other gifted person of the century time AN ADVANCE ALIEN RACE FAR ABOVE OUR HUMAN CAPABILITIES and Lupin just cracked case. And it's not just this mind you.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Although, why does everyone have gifted to genius intelligence in the verse, especially Zenigata? Despite his goofy demeanor Zenigata is quite efficient at his job and is deemed to be one of the only people who can actually capture or at least impede Lupin's heists, but I do feel like calling him a genius is a bit of a stretch.
Zenigata might seem silly but don't let him fool you in some parts of his lifetime he isn't just astute he is also rather inventive in his own right like in the Nostradamus movie he invented a tracking device specifically made to TARGET LUPIN even maybe like Lupin has created a robot before? And apparently has deduced things the norm couldn't not just this he is the only cop I know that can somehow accurately throw and chain his suppressors with INHUMANE ACCURACY, RARELY DOES HE MISS A SHOT, THAT IS REALLY COOL. But for pops if Genius does sound stretched somehow at least Gifted would sound accurate.

Antvasima said:
???

Look I would agree with Ant here HOWEVER just Extraordinary Genius is now very much justified instead of "Just at least Genius, possibly Extraordinary Genius." Does seem very awfully downplayed and I need my voice to be heard about it.

NO ANT, Not "possibly" These are feats that are BLATANTLY FAR ABOVE Genius level intellect like literally solving something not even AN ADVANCED ALIEN RACE could solve it, Not Hitler, Not some other genius level human on earth, AN ALIEN RACE FAR ABOVE HUMANITY meaning beyond advanced then the most human genius norm capabilities would muster to wrap their head around people! And in a forum somewhere if anybody remembers the movie or anime that's from it most impressively let's not forget the time he apparently beaten some psychic brain in a jar BILLIONS OF YEARS OLD whom both claimed to be Gods!? And apparently beating an accumulation of many people that evolved in a world dreaming changing event are not considered full on Extraordinary Genius level I don't know what is but just be Extraordinary Genius level is enough to suggest such I don't even know why the total incompetent switch around is necessary really.

By the way Maglor have checked out Goemon's tornado busting feat that I have specifically sent to you yet? Need confirmation on it as Goemon (And those scale to him.) Could potentially become a notch higher tier.

EMagoIorSouI said:
Zenigita did prove to be quite an inventor at his own, of course not on a same level of Lupin.

He created a small robot in "Farewell to Nostradamus" which can track someone's height, weight, smell, voice and type of woman, a train link that can not be uncoupled, and a giant scanner capable to recognize Lupin with his disguise (the same disguise that at one time was able to trick an advance computer system in "Dead or Alive").

He was able to deduce how deduce how Jigen was able to survive again Eric Orujani and his gang with very little physical evidence at his hand.

And for everyone else be Gifted in intelligence, they have proved to be very intelligence poeple in their own right.

Jigen's possess intimate knowledge of guns and firearms in general, which he used it to predict Eric Orujani gang's fire and dodge it so that they ended up killing each other, he has also years of living as an expert mercenary and hitman.

Goemon is instead a master swordman and he is also an expert martial artist, other that he had plenty of experience as a highly-trained assassin, who had even be hired by several government a few times, he has also become an expert thief thanks of Lupin as well.

And for Fujiko, she is just like an inferior version of Lupin, but still very brilliant at her own right, as she did trick many characters in the series, even smart ones.

So yes, i do think that they all deserve to be rank at Gifted.

I think that "Likely Extraordinary Genius" is probably fine, but you should focus on his most impressive feats, and remove the part that compares him to Hitler.

Okay. Thanks. Should I close this thread?

I wanted to wait a little longer to see if anyone else has something to add, for or against the proposal.

Lupin was also able to recreate a better version of Yael Okuzaki's device which was hidden on his eye that allowed him to see the cameras in an entire city despite Lupin only encountering him once. Lupin was even able to hack his later.

Lupin was able to fool Zenigata into believing that Lupin was dead by painting a realistic image on the floor made of spoiled foods.

I agree that his intelligence should be "extraordinary genius" level.

Well, it has already been changed to this.

Is there anything left to do here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back