• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Luffy VS Zoro | Whiskey Peak Rematch in the New World (0/7/1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP Scaling:
Zoro scales ≥ to Fujitora who scales to 420 megatons. Can one-shot those who scale above Gear Second Luffy's AP (downscaling from 420 megatons) & can also one-shot Pica who scales to 377 megatons. With amps like Busoshoku and Ni Gorilla he can enhance his attacking power even further.

Luffy in base currently scales to base Sanji who's 377 megatons, In Gear Second and Gear Third he scales to 420 megatons, he can further amp himself with Busoshoku.

Speed Scaling:
Both scale to "Possibly Relativistic+" and are as fast as each other.

Durability Scaling:
Zoro took Fujitora's gravity and blocked his attack, he also can handle his own AP, thus his durability scales ≥ 420 megatons. Blocking with his swords he would scale to "At least 7-A+" due to his swords durability, with Busoshoku he scales even higher.

Luffy took Fujitora's ferocious tiger and could block attacks from him, he scales to 420 megatons and even higher with Busoshoku.

Haki:
Luffy:

Busoshoku: Luffy is Proficient in this type; capable of using hardening most his body, his hardening however doesn't as effectively block against piercing/cutting attacks as it does blunt force ones.​
Kenbunshoku: Luffy scales to proficient level.​

Zoro:
Busoshoku: Zoro has shown superiority to those on a proficient level and has displayed proficient abilities himself such as using hardening on most of his body, imbuing it into all three of his swords to make them black blades. He scales to Advanced level due to his "Mighty Swordsmanship" he's also shown superiority to the Nine Red Scabbards with his ability to wield Enma.​
Kenbunshoku: Zoro scales to proficient level.​

Stamina:
Both scale to Immense and have shown incredible pain tolerance and endurance.

Range:
Luffy holds the range advantage although this isn't as advantageous as Zoro's ranged options, Luffy is still susceptible to being harmed using range and could potentially lose his arms if he tried fighting like that.

Conclusion:
Overall I think Zoro will wins this, the difference in pure physical stats may be minor and they're super comparable in many ways, but, Zoro's superiority in Busoshoku and the fact that Luffy himself is up against a match up disadvantage will grant Zoro the victory; What I mean by this is Sword wounds are more lethal than punch wounds so even if both of them landed blow for blow Luffy would come out weaker, his haki's weakness to piercing/cutting attacks makes luffy's disadvantage even worse here since it means even with Busoshoku he won't be able to negate the lethality of swords. Zoro is at an advantage since he can defend from luffy's attacks with his sword without suffering harm to himself while Luffy has to defend with his body. Luffy still has the Red Hawk and if it landed it would be a devastating blow but I believe Zoro's advantages would make him the victor.

Last edited:
IMO I think Luffy wins because his armament is harder than zoro's. But my guy above gave good evidence for why Zoro has better armament haki, I feel this match is pretty lame there is barely any comparison between the two so I'll vote inconclusive.

@Sword_guy_Z @FluffyCreatureZ I want to get your votes but I need it to be consistent with the information on the profiles for this to be considered valid.

@ElixirBlue I need a valid justification for why you're voting Zoro to count your vote.
This has always kinda been my problem with Vs. Battles Wiki. You treat profiles as absolute facts when they change constantly in light of evidence and revisions. What is the point of making a match if you are just going to go off of the profiles anyway? Why don’t you simply go to the profiles and the calcs currently being used and draw your own conclusion? This is a terrible format that makes “Vs. Battles” pointless. Just look it up based on the profile. I really do not care about what happens here. The fact is that Luffy has always been portrayed as superior to Zoro strength wise. He beats the strongest opponent and Zoro beats the second strongest. You nerf Luffy heavily here and then keep saying “go off of the profiles”. Why don’t you look it up and stop making pointless battles that you can have the answer to with a click since you are so adamant on making this about the profiles? I’m done here. Stop @ing me.

IMO I think Luffy wins because his armament is harder than zoro's. But my guy above gave good evidence for why Zoro has better armament haki, I feel this match is pretty lame there is barely any comparison between the two so I'll vote inconclusive.
Ok thank you for voting.

Comparable AP, Comparable Kenbun, Comparable Willpower, Comparable Speed, Zoro has Superior Armament Haki.

Zoro is definitely more skilled, I want to fight anyone who thinks otherwise.

Zoro one shot the character who took a hit from Gear Second Luffy with no issues whatsoever.
Gear Third is slow, which is why Luffy was outmaneuvered by Doffy since he went in.

I'd give it to Zoro for a more consistent speed with higher AP, better pain tolerance, and advanced plus stronger Armament

I know it’s grace & I may or may not get shit for this but idc lol & I saw on another vs that these can be revisited if it’s based on faulty logic. & I see we’re supposed to be basing our opinion on the profiles....Where are we getting Zoro’s speed be comparable to gear 2 Luffy from? On his profile it says he’s able to keep pace with Gear Second Luffy & Fujitora. Is this referring to Luffy’s ‘fight’ with Fujitora at the end of Dressrosa arc? Because Luffy was literally announcing his attacks ahead of time. Is there a speed feat I’m forgetting?

I know it’s grace & I may or may not get shit for this but idc lol & I saw on another vs that these can be revisited if it’s based on faulty logic. & I see we’re supposed to be basing our opinion on the profiles....Where are we getting Zoro’s speed be comparable to gear 2 Luffy from? On his profile it says he’s able to keep pace with Gear Second Luffy & Fujitora. Is this referring to Luffy’s ‘fight’ with Fujitora at the end of Dressrosa arc? Because Luffy was literally announcing his attacks ahead of time. Is there a speed feat I’m forgetting?
The fight against punk hazzard dragon, and Zoro kept pace with Fujitora in his encounters with Fuji during dressrosa.

Regardless though Zoro scales faster than Hyouzou who blocked Gear Second Luffy & poisoned him.

You mean the attack that was meant for fodders?
The fight against punk hazzard dragon, and Zoro kept pace with Fujitora in his encounters with Fuji during dressrosa.

Regardless though Zoro scales faster than Hyouzou who blocked Gear Second Luffy & poisoned him.
you’re referring to the attack meant for fodders that he barely blocked?

In dressrosa Zoro attacked Doffy and Fujitora intercepted the attack, unless there’s another interaction I’m forgetting that’s an anti feat if anything.

You mean the attack that was meant for fodders?

you’re referring to the attack meant for fodders that he barely blocked?

In dressrosa Zoro attacked Doffy and Fujitora intercepted the attack, unless there’s another interaction I’m forgetting that’s an anti feat if anything.
Nope lol, Luffy was enraged by said fodder who insulted Sanji who was dying. Later on Luffy exclaims that because Hyouzou blocked his attack he must be strong, if you want to use the fodder argument you'd have to prove why Luffy would slow down his punch of hold back his power.

Hyouzou blocked it just fine, no idea where this barely came from.

Not an antifeat, just the case of Zoro being casual at the start of all his encounters in the new world, that encounter ended with Zoro overpowering Fuji and forcing him to flee. The case where Zoro would scale to Fuji is when he and Luffy were attacked by Fuji but Zoro intercepted him:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back