• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lucien vs Doctor Strange (Avengers Alliance)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sending people to the mirror dimension to fight them there

Would that be able to counter him going abusing time travel to kill Strange as a baby or prevent his birth? Note that in the present Strange will be busy fighting another version of him as he is in the past, though wouldn't it be instantaneous given that it, well, technically happens in the past which already happened?

And also, since all versions of him are the same as himself, does Strange have any counters to his possibility materialization that forces an outcome/event where Strange loses or dies? And can Strange resist his memory sealing hax which negates 2 layers of resistances?

Last edited:
Not sure how exactly that would work inside the mirror dimension. Maybe you'd be there still, but in the past, still unable to interact with the world.

He also has time stop, time reversal etc. and can detect time-space and magic alterations very well. I don't think that's how it works, like, he still needs to actually find a kill Strange as a baby which requires time, if he can leave the Mirror Dimension

Strange has his own precog and clairvoyance as well as resistance to time based hax. He can enter people's dreams, so maybe he can resist/escape it? Pretty sure dimensional travel and multiverse+ portal range would counter regardless. The mind manipulation resistance is pretty potent, scaling from very powerful entities, not sure how that'd compare though. For what it's worth, he also has memory manipulation with multiversal+ range too.

How far into 2-C is Lucien?

Not sure how exactly that would work inside the mirror dimension. Maybe you'd be there still, but in the past, still unable to interact with the world.
Unless something is preventing it, he has 2-A dimensional travel and time travel which should bypass it completely.
He also has time stop, time reversal etc. and can detect time-space and magic alterations very well. I don't think that's how it works, like, he still needs to actually find a kill Strange as a baby which requires time, if he can leave the Mirror Dimension
He has clairvoyance that allows him to see other worlds and events as well as other stuff that can help him so I don't think it would be that hard for him to do so. And the aforementioned 2-A dimensional/time travel should allow him to leave the Mirror Dimension, if not then another version of him can go back to the past and do it for him.
Strange has his own precog and clairvoyance as well as resistance to time based hax.
Lucien doesn't really use any time-based hax other than killing people in the past, so I don't think that's going to help much.
He can enter people's dreams, so maybe he can resist/escape it? Pretty sure dimensional travel and multiverse+ portal range would counter regardless.
I don't think dimensional travel/portals and entering people's dreams would help him since here he is going to be forcibly sealed inside his own memories, said sealing power also negates at least 2 layers of resistance.
The mind manipulation resistance is pretty potent, scaling from very powerful entities, not sure how that'd compare though. For what it's worth, he also has memory manipulation with multiversal+ range too.
If it can negate at least 2-3 layers of resistance then it would work, but I don't see resistance negation on Strange's profile so I'm unsure.
How far into 2-C is Lucien?
Unknown but it can be assumed to be really high, though it doesn't really matter since all his abilities are hax-based anyways and negate durability rather than relying on strength.

There's also still the problem of his possibility materialization which looks like Strange doesn't have any counter to.

Sorry for not commenting earlier like I promised, Colonel. For the record, I'm Mobutt from the discord :p

In the discord server we talked mostly about Strange's capacity to fight back against Lucien's time-hax, since between his clairvoyance, precog, detecting space/time distortions and the eye of agamotto there's a very good case to be made that he can counter it, or at least should not be taken off-guard.
Would that be able to counter him going abusing time travel to kill Strange as a baby or prevent his birth? Note that in the present Strange will be busy fighting another version of him as he is in the past, though wouldn't it be instantaneous given that it, well, technically happens in the past which already happened?

And also, since all versions of him are the same as himself, does Strange have any counters to his possibility materialization that forces an outcome/event where Strange loses or dies? And can Strange resist his memory sealing hax which negates 2 layers of resistances?
Strange's future sight should be able to foresee Lucien trying to go back in time (as well as seeing alternate/possible realities) so he wouldn't be taken off-guard by this. Also, since speed is equalized there's no reason for Lucien to blitz DS with time travel (not that you are suggesting that). Also concerning Lucien's 2-C AP, Strange's Low-Godly regen means that Lucien would be incapable of killing him, at least via sheer power.

Lucien's page also doesn't have anything about him "forcing an outcome where Strange loses and dies". It said that he can materialize possibilities into the world but that is...honestly really vague and is summed up as just 'Can influence reality'. Lucien's memory sealing hax mentions nothing of it ignoring 2 layers of resistances so strange's resistance to mind manipulation (and possibly his own memory manipulation) should work against it.

Lucien's page also doesn't have anything about him "forcing an outcome where Strange loses and dies". It said that he can materialize possibilities into the world but that is...honestly really vague and is summed up as just 'Can influence reality'.
In his P&A section:
Causality Manipulation and Fate Manipulation (He can create events and outcomes by materializing possibilities)

In his N A/T section:
  • Possibility Materialization: He possesses the ability to materialize possibilities into the world. By merging alternate possibilities and materializing them into the current world, he can overlap them and cause manifestation of certain aspects of the alternate possibility. He can also summon abstract possibilities and overwrite them into the world. For example, he can manifest outcomes and events, then overlap them into the world in order to force a certain outcome. He can also summon objects and creatures from alternate possibilities.
Lucien's memory sealing hax mentions nothing of it ignoring 2 layers of resistances so strange's resistance to mind manipulation (and possibly his own memory manipulation) should work against it.
Every FC/OC battle I've been in so far doesn't need explicit mentioning about it, everyone just accepts the layers and goes with it. In any case, all his abilities and resistances scale to at least 2/3 layers via scaling above the Knight (no profile yet) who resists resistance negation and has 2 extra layers of resistance above that.

Every FC/OC battle I've been in so far doesn't need explicit mentioning about it, everyone just accepts the layers and goes with it. In any case, all his abilities and resistances scale to at least 2/3 layers via scaling above the Knight (no profile yet) who resists resistance negation and has 2 extra layers of resistance above that.
This sounds kind of wild to me. He doesn't have the layers on his profile but we just go with it? I know this is the FCOC battleboards but if he's getting his layering from an unmade profile it definitely doesn't count for this thread.

Apologies about the possibility materialization though.

On Strange's profile it said that he can detect 'distortions in space and time', which should make him at least aware that he's 'forcing events and outcomes' (which still needs some elaboration on what exactly happens and whether it's instant but w/e). Doesn't Lucien start with time travel instead of that?

This sounds kind of wild to me. He doesn't have the layers on his profile but we just go with it? I know this is the FCOC battleboards but if he's getting his layering from an unmade profile it definitely doesn't count for this thread.
Cases like this already happened in the past and it was alright, why would this one be any different? And I already listed resistance negation on the profile, if you didn't see it.
On Strange's profile it said that he can detect 'distortions in space and time', which should make him at least aware that he's 'forcing events and outcomes' (which still needs some elaboration on what exactly happens and whether it's instant but w/e).
Essentially, he can merge worlds and make it so certain aspects of that world appear in this world which makes things happen, or something like that. For your second question, yes it's instant.
Doesn't Lucien start with time travel instead of that?
He does start with time travel but his other self fighting Strange in the present would use possibility materialization instead.

Last edited:
Just noticed that Strange has a key power that would help out a lot: Power Absorbtion

He basically uses his magic to drain his opponents powers from them. He gets more powerful the longer he drains his opponent. He can also fully absorb beings into himself to gain their powers

Last edited:
He basically uses his magic to drain his opponents powers from them. He gets more powerful the longer he drains his opponent. He can also fully absorb beings into himself to gain their powers
Is it instant or not? And can he do that while fighting multiple versions of Lucien at once?

It's not instant, but it doesn't take long, I'd say only a dozen seconds at most. If he's absorbing beings into himself, that only takes about 3-4 seconds

Maybe, Strange has his own duplication spell too.

Last edited:
I'm going to vote incon too FRA tbh. Both seem pretty evenly matched imo

I'll also vote inconclusive, then.

Well, it looks like this is going to be my final match for a long while.
Thanks for commenting again. I was going to leave it but since Bossbrosish commented, I thought I might as well vote inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back