• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 7-C Overhaul?

CloverDragon03

He/Him
VS Battles
Calculation Group
I've wondered this for the longest time:

Why is Overhaul's final form in the Unknown tier? I'm pretty sure the fact that he was able to fight back against 100% Deku speaks for itself.

Tho saying that, if his 3rd form is immensely stronger than his 2nd which is High 8-C+ then shouldn't he at the very least be At least High 8-C+ or even 8-B?

The thing is though, I feel like 8-B would still be too low. He was at the very least able to withstand attacks from 100% Deku, so maybe 8-A? But then again, the ambiguity of the whole thing makes it understandable why he's in Unknown

I can understand not downscaling in such a way given how unquantified it is, since we have no idea how much weaker Overhaul is compared to Deku. Perhaps giving him an at least 8-B rating would suffice as a better compromise.

His AP should just be "At least High 8-C". His durability can stay the same.

That shouldbe fine. We know that forms supposed to be stronger than his 2nd, so it should at least be above High 8-C+.

Would you be fine with me applying this to his page?

Would "At least High 8-C, possibly higher" work? Because his second form was already High 8-C+, so it's honestly very likely that he's 8-B or, dare I say it, a possible 8-A

8-A is too unquantified, we don't know how many times stronger he is comapred to his 2nd form or how many times weaker he is compared to 100% Deku. Baseline 8-B can be argued at least given how close it is to what his 2nd form is rated at, but if Damage thinks its to much of an upscale then simply sticking with an "At least High 8-C+" rating should be fine.

I get that, but I believe that because it's at least able to be deduced that final form Overhaul is immensely stronger than his second form (Deku believed that at 20%, he could beat second form Overhaul with a strike to the head while final form Overhaul took several hits from 100% Deku; yes, this is durability, but his AP should at least somewhat scale to his durability since there doesn't seem to be any sort of evidence to prove otherwise), so that's why I proposed "At least High 8-C, possibly higher" (I'm more in favor of likely higher rather than possibly higher since it's honestly clear that with how close second form Overhaul was to baseline 8-B, final form Overhaul practically has to be a tier up)

Honestly I'd say an "at least High 8-C+, likely higher" rating should work as a minimum if nothing else.

I think you can go ahead and apply it since we're in agreement, though I don't think that the + sign is usually used in tier placements, only for the other stats like attack potency and durability

Back