• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Low 6-B Bone Crusher Tournament: Group B - Kirby vs Cobalion (Pokemon)

Group B:
Round 9:
Same Rules as stated in the Tournament.
Losses that's all that can be used to describe the journey of these two, But someone is walking out of this one with a win at least ?
Results:
Cobalion (Pokemon): 9 (Finepoint, Fluffy Z, Popted, DD, Gator, Pokemonfan, Pink God, Frimi, Adem)
Kirby (Kirby):
Inconclusive:
HlGnPQX.png

Last edited:
Kirby: 1.25 Teratons of TNT
Ivory King: 2.82 Teratons of TNT

Kirby: Class 25 LS
Ivory King: Class K LS

I don't think Kirby's going to be sucking that anytime soon...

Cobalion: >3.82 Teratons of TNT (>Keldeo≈Shaymin≈Legendary Birds≈1/3 Lugia who is 11.46 Teratons of TNT)
So, yes, it's correct. Though they upscale, rather than regularly scale.

AP Gap is not that high
Cobalion having 2.57x AP advantage but Kirby has better hax, but yeah Cobalion would win, Is this a straight up stomp ?

Last edited:
2.57 x 4 =10.28x so one shot.
I'll repeat what I said before, getting up 6 six sword dances is not exactly an easy thing to do.
1200px-Goh_Scyther_Swords_Dance.png

They have to perform the whole dance, and they can't use other moves during it.

(I don't think Kirby has a wincon anyways, but I just want to nip this argument in the bud. Pokemon being able to boost several times is not a given.)

SmartSelect_20211224-151745_Brave.jpg
Slight issue with your train of thought.

Never assume it's that simple with Pokémon.

(I don't think Kirby has a wincon anyways, but I just want to nip this argument in the bud. Pokemon being able to boost several times is not a given.)
Can't Kirby inhale Cobalion to copy at least some of its abilities? AFAIK, most of Cobalions moves involve getting up close.
Though, IIRC, I do recall Anime Kirby often being... not the most competent (He is a baby after all.). At least, before inhaling something to get an ability. After he gets one, he's a bit more competent, AFAIK.
Does Anime Kirby have feats of inhaling things of Cobalion's size & mass?
& however much he would get from inhaling it, would it be enough to win? (Assuming this doesn't defeat Cobalion.)

Can't Kirby inhale Cobalion to copy at least some of its abilities? AFAIK, most of Cobalions moves involve getting up close.
Though, IIRC, I do recall Anime Kirby often being... not the most competent (He is a baby after all.). At least, before inhaling something to get an ability. After he gets one, he's a bit more competent, AFAIK.
Does Anime Kirby have feats of inhaling things of Cobalion's size & mass?
& however much he would get from inhaling it, would it be enough to win? (Assuming this doesn't defeat Cobalion.)
Well, the way we handle abilities which pick people up is based of LS iirc, otherwise extremely strong characters would be stomped by fodder with minor telekinesis, and Cobalion has far superior LS.

Slight issue with your train of thought.

Never assume it's that simple with Pokémon.
Even if it only takes a few seconds, that can easily be too long in a battle with a very aggressive opponent at high speeds, and even if they could get off a few, just assuming they can take the turns to get to +6 every time to me is way too presumptuous.

In the anime and the games, opponents are basically given time to use boosting moves, I'm not sure if there's a single example of them being interrupted during a swords dance.

Also, it makes the assumption that Cobalion would ever spam Swords Dance in character, which I'm fairly certain is not its go-to, even if it's an option. They have a lot of other moves they'll be trying if not bloodlusted, and I'd wager a guess their lead is some kind of attacking move.

does Cobalion need to swords dance in this particular fight at all? I mean the base AP gap is not insignificant, what would happen if Cobalion just straight up opens with sacred sword? Or even just quick attack?

does Cobalion need to swords dance in this particular fight at all? I mean the base AP gap is not insignificant, what would happen if Cobalion just straight up opens with sacred sword? Or even just quick attack?
No, he doesn't.
Kirby can't suck him, and he has the advantage in straight combat.

I'm just arguing for the sake of posterity.

Off topic:
I have never seen Anime Kirby but I find it weird that Kriby main power is sucking things in which we all know from his other versions however his lifting strength is Class 25 Only ? Really it's stated on his profile "Pushed a small spacecraft" where is the scan for that ? Did someone calc it ? Might at least give Class K result depending on how big the spacecraft was ? Or heck even Class M from what I've seen on spacecrafts size calcs, anyways I'd like to see that feat.

Is there a full image of that ship next to a person or from any other scene does that ship has it's own wiki ? I might try to calc it.

Back