• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Lord JJJ's 4A Bracket Round 1 match 3 : Mimi VS Zeus

Crud.

Ive remembered Mimi's fights, and yet I dont see how she can fight someone the size of a star. True, she has her rubies, but against some massive being? It will take a long time, for sure.

Ill wait for more input.

i looked further into it and apparently zeus's sealing is just him chaining cronus to an asteroid , which mimi could probably teleport out of. not sure about his transmutation tho

also, it seems that mimi's AP is from king boo (indirectly), he created at least 4 starry dimensions. idk about zeus's, it seems to be from cronus abosrbing multiple stars, but the video w/ the proof was deleted.

Would going to the second dimension really protect her? In SPM, when a character dimensional flips, all they do is rotate their body to change whether they see the world in 2D or 3D.

Dangeroustaco said:
Would going to the second dimension really protect her? In SPM, when a character dimensional flips, all they do is rotate their body to change whether they see the world in 2D or 3D.
i think it's said multiple times throughout the game that it is actually flipping between dimensions. if i remember correctly, enemies in the 3rd dimension can't harm mario if he's in the 2nd dimension, and vice versa, unless the enemy isn't flat. also, most enemies can't flip, and one guy describes the 3rd dimension as "a freaky parallel world", implying that he has never seen the/heard of the 3rd dimension. that might be considered PIS, however.

DatOneWeeb said:
Actually Mimi scales to Mario and Peach. Who scale to Bowser. Bowser was able to create 15 different realms. She also has a barrier, which Mario can't damage. Attacking doesn't do anything to her.
ah, ok. it also seems that only merlee can dispel the barrier, which likely means that zeus can't damage her. the only way i can see zeus winning is via transmutation, but idk how his works, or where it's displayed.

And wouldnt that be a smurf, then? She got her invincibility from a Low 2-C being, after all.

So let me get this straight, even if the barrier's not low 2-C, Zeus apparently can't get through it? That, and dimensional flipping gives Mimi an edge. Despite Zeus being the size of the star, an invulnerable Mimi can slowly chip away with rubee projectiles. We still don't know how transmutation works, however.

If you're able to destroys tens, possibly more, amount of solar systems then I'd say size isn't a huge issue. I'd also like to point out that Mimi can still harm Mario even when he's in 2D or 3D.

Come to think of it... If Count Bleck made the barrier for her, then wouldn't that count as outside help? So should she not have it in a 1v1 versus thread?

Dangeroustaco said:
Come to think of it... If Count Bleck made the barrier for her, then wouldn't that count as outside help? So should she not have it in a 1v1 versus thread?
No because it's Power Bestowal. Which people can keep, as long as it doesn't require prep.

Psychomaster35 said:
So... Mimi lacks the range to damage a star sized body...
The profile seems to have a lack of information. Her ability to launch rubee projectiles could be about tens of meters. The only reference to the rubees in the profile seems to be "Crystal Manipulation", and it doesn't even bother to mention the rubees under standard equipment or notable attacks/techniques. There are several different moves she can do with them, one of which seems to be only melee or extended melee because she grows rubees on the four sides of her head before spinning it like a blade, while the longest range ability seems to be about tens of meters where she creates a "wave" made of rubees that flows along the floor from one side of the room to the other. That, however, is a grounded attack and probably won't be able to hit Zeus. The next best choice for range is that she can simply shoot a rubee forward, but it only seems to travel about a couple meters in front of her. Regardless of what attacks she goes for, she will have to get very close to Zeus (which is feasible considering they start 4 KM apart in Central Park and she can close that distance on the ground).

However, whatever happens, it seems she cannot be damaged by Zeus as long as she flips into 2D and/or has the barrier (even if it's not low 2-C). Zeus is supposedly 3D (although he comes from a cartoon that is 2D animated, but art style and method of portrayal are noncanonical unless otherwise stated, in which case that would usually be fourth wall breaking). The way the dimensions work in SPM is that, when it comes to characters and objects with flat (paper-like) bodies, characters and objects in the third dimension are usually intangible and invisible towards characters/objects in the second dimension, and vice versa. However, there are some flat characters who have the ability to flip between the dimensions at will. Then there are non-flat characters who have fully 3D bodies, such as Francis, who are supposedly able to interact with both the second and third dimension simultaneously. The thing with Mimi is that although she is a flatlander who is capable of dimension flipping, her attacks can still interact with the other dimension.

That's what I thought and typed until I realized... What if Zeus doesn't count as a flatlander residing in the third dimension, but instead has a completely 3D body? In that case, going to the second dimension would not protect Mimi, and Zeus would still be able to interact with 2D flatlanders. However, her wincon still lies in the barrier, which a 4-A Zeus supposedly can't dispel. But whether the barrier itself is 4-A or low 2-C is still unknown.

it's more likely that the barrier is low 2-C given that mario and peach can never damage her until merlee dispells the barrier, and in the intermission between chapter 2 and 3, it's said that count bleck gave the barrier to mimi.

does anyone know how zeus' transmutation works/where it's displayed? idk if it's even valid or not, i couldn't find much info about it.

@Dangeroustaco

I think it would be better for you to change your character due to the problem of the Low 2C barrier that is not even on her page

i'd vote incon, how would mimi kill an enemy the size of a star? tbh i think both characters should be changed unless we can get something the same size as zeus.

"how will mimi kill an enemy the size of a star?"

Same way 4-A characters are able to destroy several solar systems.

Actually, its the range that matters. Her striking strength is only that to harm 4-A durability characters, but she lacks the range to do so.

Take a planetary sized Four (Battle for Dream Island), for example. His opponents lacked the range to destroy him completely, even if they were to the point of atomizing him, they would only destroy a bit.

Take Arale for example. When she punches the Earth, it gets split in half. Despite Arale only being super small.

Back