• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Little Mermaid Speed and AP Feats

Alright, so I'll give more attention to this series later, but for now there are two feats that can be given a quick look at.

I tried to make a proper blog post to make these calcs...but it wouldn't let me, so idk where to put them. I think this is where they go. Anway:

The Little Mermaid ending shows Ariel's final battle against Ursula. It is also where these two feats come from.

Calculation: Ariel Takes a Big Fall
At 2:56, we see Ariel leap from her rock down into the whirlpool that Ursula has created.

4.38 seconds pass before she hits the ground.

Free Fall Calculator, places that at 94.0673 meters

Assuming Ariel weighs the average for a woman from Denmark 69.4 kg., the Splat Calculator puts that at 63977.05 joules (Wall level)

Calculation: Ariel Dodging
At 3:05, we see Ariel dodge a bolt from Ursula (still trying to discern whether or not it's lightning, but I don't think so).

The second bolt fires, and Ariel dodges within 0.2 seconds.

94.0673 meters within a twentieth of a second is 470.3365 m/s, which equals Mach 1.3712434402 (Supersonic)

Again I am completely unable to post a blog, I have tried to, so this is the best I am capable of. If someone could direct me to where this can be fixed, that would be very much appreciated.

Also I assume I have not taken some things into account, such as distance Ariel moved to avoid getting blasted, but I don't know how to do that.

I agree with a durability feat, but for a reaction speed one (not sure for now), I'll let other users and staff members to look this up.

Bumping once again, for other Disney supporters to know (maybe a good time given the remake's recent trailer).

Back